PDA

View Full Version : This may be the last time it fucks me over...

3rdgenhatchDX
08-27-2006, 09:21 AM
:rant: My 3g has died twice in the last 2 weeks leaving me stranded, i've had it towed twice, thanks to the insurance company it's been free... I've sold my cupholder, and my armrest is on the block http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=658203#post658203
I've also sold the hubcaps :D anyways, i'm ranting and raving, i think its time for the 3g to go... I hate to say it i've tried selling it once... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M PISSED...

3rdgenhatchDX
08-27-2006, 02:05 PM
K... my car is starting now... running really rich ???????? stinks. i'll be pedaling to work 2morrow. i'm just glad i work 3 miles away! :(

3rdgenhatchDX
08-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Here's some audio... IT's running but sputtering... http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=1271315318.wav

cndyapple88lxi
08-27-2006, 02:50 PM
check out the fuel system and the ignition system.

3rdgenhatchDX
08-27-2006, 02:58 PM
yeah i'm getting fuel filters 2morrow
i'll install after i get home
thanx for the reply could you hear the audio?

lostforawhile
08-27-2006, 03:52 PM
from what you told me,it's just that the carb is worn out,that carb from importcarbs.com is a good deal. it's not trying to screw you over the carb is just worn out. your needle valve is shot,your float is sunk,or theres a gasket gone bad in there causing it to flood. flooding is almost always a sign of a bad carb,you said the ignition was ok, for some reason the needle valve isn't shutting off the fuel when the float bowl is full.

3rdgenhatchDX
08-28-2006, 02:36 PM
When i said it was flooding i meant "it floods when i push the pedal down and hold it" sorry for the confusion, i have 2morrow off, it's raining now or i'd put the filters on... the primary looks like shit, i'm just guessing (hoping) it's the fuel filters and not the carb. i rode my bike to work this morning, i was 7 minutes late. damn hills damn em!

2oodoor
08-29-2006, 12:12 AM
check out the fuel system and the ignition system.
dont give up on her baby, shez got a long way and a lot of love to go...I think thats a like a song.... seriously the car is 20 years old, do some Preventive Maintanence already. geeeesh

candyapple, that pontiac shoulda done betta on the dyno than that, your losing HP somewhere friend, missing about 40 horses AT LEAST, superchip or exhaust problem, egr stuck ,did you tell pcm you made the mods, ? no offense but those numbers aint right ,that car is capable of giving you at least 1 hp per cu in. without mechanical modifications, just electronic, induction, and exhaust. well maybe change throttle body, if you call that mechanical.

3rdgenhatchDX
08-29-2006, 06:51 AM
Thanx to Sabz5150 for the hosting of my "HUGE" pix!
http://www.enginevoodoo.com/3rdgenhatchdx/
Edit: My car won't start now, i started it once this morning, if you see anything obvious in the pix shout out!

Also i noticed something wasnt attached...
http://www.enginevoodoo.com/3rdgenhatchdx/image9.jpg
In that pic just behind the gas line, attached to the carb it's spring activated, wtf is it? and why wasn't it attached at the bottom? i hooked it up and it didn't help anything, i put it back how it was when i found it,
I've put on a new fuel filter also, it's raining or i'd do the rear one, i should be able to do it today, my fuel pump is kicking on when i turn the key on ...HELP!

3rdgenhatchDX
08-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Mayday Mayday A20a1,... A20a1 Do You Read Me?!
Chhh...
We're Losing Daylight Here....
Chh....
:)

A20A1
08-29-2006, 12:26 PM
Well if the o-ring in the float valve is broken then fuel can leak down into the float bowl afrer the needle has seated.

Have you replaced or adjusted the float adjustment screw at all?

3rdgenhatchDX
08-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Negative, no adjustments have been made
have you looked at my pix? can you get on aim so we can chat?

A20A1
08-29-2006, 01:07 PM
sorry but your car sounds like a tractor on my speakers.

A20A1
08-29-2006, 01:08 PM
holy shizoplolis... your accelerator pump isn't hooked up?

A20A1
08-29-2006, 01:12 PM
are you even on AIM?

3rdgenhatchDX
08-29-2006, 01:15 PM
holy shizoplolis... your accelerator pump isn't hooked up?
are you serious? it only gets gas when i push it, like it should...
wtf if that's the case what do i do?!

3rdgenhatchDX
08-29-2006, 02:17 PM
My ignition coil was unplugged so it wouldn't start, and my accel pump is screwed i'll fix it all 2morrow since the stores are closed now, so :) and :(

cndyapple88lxi
08-30-2006, 10:06 AM
dont give up on her baby, shez got a long way and a lot of love to go...I think thats a like a song.... seriously the car is 20 years old, do some Preventive Maintanence already. geeeesh
candyapple, that pontiac shoulda done betta on the dyno than that, your losing HP somewhere friend, missing about 40 horses AT LEAST, superchip or exhaust problem, egr stuck ,did you tell pcm you made the mods, ? no offense but those numbers aint right ,that car is capable of giving you at least 1 hp per cu in. without mechanical modifications, just electronic, induction, and exhaust. well maybe change throttle body, if you call that mechanical.
What u talking about roodoo. my car dynoed higher then usual with very few mods. only power mod i've done when i dynoed was my high flow lid. dynoed throught stock exaust system and clogged cats (thats y i installed my off road y-pipe and cut-out). granted the numbers would've been higher if i've done longtubes and full exaust at most 30rwhp extra. just give u a reference how my car faired against other ls1's that dynoed the same day. My friend 02 z-28 m6 with mid length headers, full exaust with no cats, lid, and tuned hit 333rwhp 348rwtq. My other friend 02 ss m6 with longtubes full exaust, high flow cats, lid, tune hit 333rwhp 346rwtq.

russiankid
08-30-2006, 02:04 PM
are your spark plugs good?:dunno:

3rdgenhatchDX
08-30-2006, 03:15 PM
THANX TO A20A1!!!!!!!!!!!

I FIXED IT.

Yeah my spark plugs are good did a full tune up plus gaskets this time last year when i bought it everythings new, water pump and all...

My Accelerator pump was disconnected....

I just had to put it back on, usually there's a cotter pin on it... but i just put mine back thru the hole since the pin was still intact... i think it just slipped... (MAYBE IT WAS 1 OF THOSE 6K BURNOUTS....:D)

lostforawhile
08-30-2006, 05:58 PM
THANX TO A20A1!!!!!!!!!!!
I FIXED IT.
Yeah my spark plugs are good did a full tune up plus gaskets this time last year when i bought it everythings new, water pump and all...
My Accelerator pump was disconnected....
I just had to put it back on, usually there's a cotter pin on it... but i just put mine back thru the hole since the pin was still intact... i think it just slipped... (MAYBE IT WAS 1 OF THOSE 6K BURNOUTS....:D)I thought you said it was flooding out? flooding out means the cylinders have way too much fuel or fuel is coming out the top of the crb. it's hard to diagnose something without all the info. oh well glad it's fixed.