PDA

View Full Version : Making Power Windows Roll Down Faster??!

Jonessoda27
08-27-2006, 08:00 PM
My two front windows just get really slow rolling down and am tired of helping them down. Is there a how to on here for oiling the motor or something like that to get the windows rolling down like factory new? This is the one pet peeve I have about my car and really want to fix it!

Any help is appreciated!

Pico
08-27-2006, 08:02 PM
you can try greasing the regulator tracks, that worked for me when I replaced my drivers side motor

ghettogeddy
08-27-2006, 08:02 PM
well ive been wonder this my self u might want to try taking out the window and clean / lubing the tracks they get gunked up after a while

A18A
08-27-2006, 08:06 PM
i think you gotta give the motors a overhaul or something. or just replace them with new motors, mine are the same except 1 window just gives up half way down, and the other one shoots up and down like a brick offa building

MessyHonda
08-27-2006, 08:33 PM
yeah i think some one said that the brushes get worn out on the motor and does not give full contract....mine are not bad yet since my car has 138k but....i would just lube the stuff...

2oodoor
08-28-2006, 01:50 AM
well ive been wonder this my self u might want to try taking out the window and clean / lubing the tracks they get gunked up after a while
was there a how to on windows? anyway what you say makes sense, I have lift gates that do the same, used to clean the gunk out but sometimes get away with spraying the mess out with aerosol pentrant lubricant, make sure the door drains are good and clear b4 and aft.door ;panels must come off regardless and be careful if you have window tint, the fumes could damage it if left in the bottom of door aye?
A How to on removing door panels without tearing up any fasteners, or what have you would be helpfull. Hidden fasteners can be murder on your door panel if you taking it off and something just aint giving so you force it then pooow.. now you have to rig it to make it look right.

ottomatic
08-28-2006, 06:25 AM
this is in the 'how to'

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98