PDA

View Full Version : Got to drive my "parts car" around the block...

RamThis
08-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Well I drove the parts car around the block and I was very, very surprised how much get up and go it had!! Even for having 225K or so miles, a bad transmission, and leaks so bad it looked like it was on fire when I got back into the driveway, it felt like maybe my old A20A1 had like 60 HP and this one has all 122 LOL. I am now quite stoked about how my car will run with this A20A3 rebuilt and dropped into it.

Just had to brag on the ol beater a bit. Legend_master, thanks again for the awesome deal!!!! :rockon:

Legend_master
08-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Well I drove the parts car around the block and I was very, very surprised how much get up and go it had!! Even for having 225K or so miles, a bad transmission, and leaks so bad it looked like it was on fire when I got back into the driveway, it felt like maybe my old A20A1 had like 60 HP and this one has all 122 LOL. I am now quite stoked about how my car will run with this A20A3 rebuilt and dropped into it.
Just had to brag on the ol beater a bit. Legend_master, thanks again for the awesome deal!!!! :rockon:

Good to hear it is all coming along, and glad to help. I got an 87 LX-i hatch I am trying to get rid of right now. So you need another one :naughty: J/P

RamThis
08-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Naw, my driveway is starting to look like a used import dealership lol. The Ram is getting surrounded by rice.... :uh:

RamThis
08-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Well now that I think of it, if it's the one you had on stands workin on when I got the other car from you, happened to have a B series and some Type R brakes, I might just take you up on it :deal:

MessyHonda
08-29-2006, 09:15 PM
yeah since its the next best thing if you cant get a b20...but an h22 would be hawt.

RamThis
08-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Imagine how fun it would be to take the old body of my donor car, get an old RWD frame, chop it up to the size needed to put this Accord body on, channel the body, and drop a 350 SBC in there with a big fat four barrel and take it to the drag strip!!! Imagine people's faces when they see an old Accord doing a burnout, with RWD!! :wtf:

88Accord-DX
08-29-2006, 09:39 PM
All b.s. set aside. I hope you got some ratcheting wrenches with impact driver, 3/8" air wrench & compressor. If you don't have that, good luck with parts car, enjoy it while you can. :violin:

MessyHonda
08-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Imagine how fun it would be to take the old body of my donor car, get an old RWD frame, chop it up to the size needed to put this Accord body on, channel the body, and drop a 350 SBC in there with a big fat four barrel and take it to the drag strip!!! Imagine people's faces when they see an old Accord doing a burnout, with RWD!! :wtf:

yeah i have dreams of that too...but mine has a acura tl 3.2 engine...lol enjoy the car tho.

frantik
08-29-2006, 09:52 PM
lol that sounds like my lxi when i first got it.. it smoked really bad and had a lot of miles on it but still felt like a champ compared to my a20a1 (since them i've had all the seals replaced and no more smoke :D)

Legend_master
08-30-2006, 03:44 AM
Well now that I think of it, if it's the one you had on stands workin on when I got the other car from you, happened to have a B series and some Type R brakes, I might just take you up on it :deal:

I wont sell that for less then $50.00 (end sarcasm). The one I am selling looks just like it mine, but stock.