machinery. However, the little engine sometimes shutters violently
when the clutch is released on 1st gear. I take it, the clutch and
pressure plate are the suspects. Anyway, the dealership has got
high quality parts from the Far East as we all know, but I'm in a bit
of a financial jam right now and can't afford the expensive genuine
Honda parts. I also can't afford el cheapo parts that gonna break
on me after a year or two. What's a good compromise? and where
do I git it from?

I'm new to import rice cars, so any help from yall is greatly appreciate!

A Pickup-Driving Texan

shepherd79
08-30-2006, 11:11 AM
check ebay, they have exedy clutches. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-89-ACCORD-84-87-PRELUDE-EXEDY-CLUTCH-KIT_W0QQitemZ120025776870QQihZ002QQcategoryZ33730Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

many people have them and love it.

ghettogeddy
08-30-2006, 11:27 AM
i have the exedy its a nice clutch to bad the pic of that one is wrong they only have 2 springs but my car has been doing the shaking thing as well but i just replced my clutch about 600 miles ago i think my cv joint is bad u may want to check them befor u buy a clutch

2oodoor
09-01-2006, 06:45 PM
congrats on the \Accord.... sounds also like an oil or coolant leak finding its way to the clutch surface.Also sometime shops rip you of and dont resurface flywheel,\dont do it correctly , or dont inspect it in good light to see if its cracked., dont refill the transmission, dont replace throw out bearing hardware or install it correctly..either way sounds like time for a clutch. dont sweat it, a good name brand, NEW not recondiioned. clucth will last years and years.

88Accord-DX
09-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Sounds to me a few teeth (if not a few more) on the pressure plate are weak. Hard to say, Ebay exedy clutch runs close to a bill. Get the flywheel resurfaced & replace the pilot bearing.

TheWatcher
09-02-2006, 12:34 AM
The JY.

Genuine Honda parts, but you have to be willing to visit the jy until you find what you want. :)

You can't beat the prices though. :lol:

Anyway, that's my favorite place to find cheap parts. Bring your own tools, jack, etc. and a drop cloth to keep you clean.

Peace.

MessyHonda
09-02-2006, 02:12 AM
yeah save up a lil to get good stuff...if you put a cheap clutch it might do the job and then fail again...it will be 2 times the cost to take the trany out and redoing everthing. anything that breaks i try to replace it with stonger and better stuff.

bushbean
09-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Replaced the clutch, pressure plate, and bearing. All Autozone
parts: Duralast, made in Japan/Korea, for $100. Not bad. Hope it
lasts. Did not take out the flywheel though.
Took two days to get it all done, but it was well worth. No more
shaking. Car drives like it's brand new!