PDA

View Full Version : Paint??

Crazybird
08-30-2006, 08:42 AM
just wondering i got the 89 4 door lx which came with the nasty black plastic bumpers when i go to paint my car can i paint over those bumpers with no problem or do i need to do sumthing special or can i not paint them at all....

thx

ghettogeddy
08-30-2006, 08:46 AM
u can paint them but i would get them done by a pro when u get all that bidy work done

Crazybird
08-30-2006, 08:47 AM
ya thats what im doing thx :)

Crazybird
08-30-2006, 08:51 AM
u got any idea of what color im thinking either a gloss black or a pewter or a diff white i dotn really want any colors cause u either find the exact color u like or get a shade which makes it look sharp

A18A
08-30-2006, 08:55 AM
a gloss color that matches the car would be cool :)

Crazybird
08-30-2006, 09:00 AM
im thinking black with those little sparkles i guess it would be considerd metal flake but very fine metal flake thats kinda what im thinking then sum black rimes with a chrome well. hmm im just gonna have to steal the rims of my buds civic lol

and about rims and nice 4 lug ones out there ?

ghettogeddy
08-30-2006, 09:18 AM
well personaly flake on an older honda dosent look to good i would go a solid black or or white i really like the stock white color or the color of legend masters hatch

MessyHonda
08-30-2006, 12:50 PM
if you want to paint the bumpers you need like a special primer if you want to lay down some real car paint to make it look like a LX, LX-I or SE-I bumpers. i was going to do that but its just better something to get them at the junkyard...i think it would be easyer for you to take them off the car....do it in a closed are like a garage. Sand them down with like 400 grit to get the scratches out and then use like a plastic promoter(it acts like primer) and then shoot some rattle can gloss black paint and they should look good

Crazybird
08-30-2006, 01:57 PM
ya i was thinking of grabing those bumpers but by me the place i used to go for my car is bringing in new jap stuff so u cant find my year very well anymore

sinisterfuzzy
09-07-2006, 07:14 AM
go with silver or white, i did black and unless you have a super clean/straight car to start with, it'll blow nads, you see EVERY indescrepdency (speeling?) and ugh, i'm not going black again it looks cool but is super high maintance, and i think a silver or white looks better anyways.