PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Tank , vacuum hose

En-g
08-30-2006, 09:29 PM
The hose that has a check valve on it. Where does it attach to? Is it behind and underneath the carb somewhere? Mine's just dangling around and I can't seem to figure out where it goes. If someone could point me in the right direction that could be very helpful! What does that vacuum tank do anyway? It's nowhere to be found in my haynes manual :)

I see it here #12 on the diagram but I have no idea where that metal vacuum pipe is located.

http://pages.infinit.net/omus/88LXivacdiag.gif

A20A1
08-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Basicly the vacuum tank is storage for vacuum.

The intake manifold vacuum will fluctuate with throttle, so it isn't a reliable source for vacuum when the throttle is open.

So what the holding tank does is store the vacuum even where there is none available from the intake manifold directly.

This vacuum can later be bleeded off to perform a task... or contained to perform a task.

Usually containment in the case of the vacuum diaphragm... this way vacuum applied to the diaphragm will hold it in place till the computer sees it's time to activate the diaphragm in which case the vacuum is released and the spring in the diaphragm pushes on what ever the diaphragm is connected to. Opening or closing secondaries, valves, etc.

En-g
08-31-2006, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the info! Any idea where I should be plugging the hose with the check valve into? I can't find an open nipple anywhere visible.

En-g
09-06-2006, 03:58 PM
The hose coming of the vacuum tank with the check valve on it, where does it plug into?

A20A1
09-06-2006, 04:32 PM
there should be a vacuum diagram under the hood, it is on a sticker.
the one you showed could be different from yours.

Anyways #12 goes right to intake manifold vacuum.

Which is the vacuum ports coming out of the side of plenum on the intake manifold opposite the throttle body.