PDA

View Full Version : clutch problem?

Fuzy Navel
09-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Hey, ok I think its my clutch and always my clutch that has been giving me problems.. Like when I first got it it was hard to engage sometimes in gears and second would grind if I shifted there from high rpm like a Syncro was going out but I noticed it dosen't grind all the time you just have to let it fall in.. Anyways my real problem like I will be driving at like 2,000 rpm and then floor it and it will go from 2,000 - 4,000 really fast the engine will just climb but it won't really move that much acts like the clutch is sticking or something and then finally when MPH/wheel speed gets caught up to the engine then it will start gaining more rpms... its really weird but acts like something is holding the wheels back plz help if you want

newaccorddriver
09-04-2006, 09:04 AM
your clutch is slipping from the sounds of it

FyreDaug
09-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Yeah thats what my guess would be, try this.

Firmyl pull the parking brake and put the car in 3rd gear on a level surface. Make sure the engine is at a normal idle rpm (not warming up) and slowly let the clutch out in 3rd, you should get about half way before the engine dies if the clutch is ok, but if for some reason the engine does not die and the clutch is totally out PUSH IT BACK IN as your will do significantly more harm.

So basically it should die by about 50% clutch if the clutch is good

Fuzy Navel
09-04-2006, 08:39 PM
alrighty will try it tommrow morning... I figured it was the clutch and it doing it even worse today its like dosent hardly pull at all... I am getting ready to order a new clutch thanks guys i will try it tommrow and get back with ya

88Accord-DX
09-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Sounds like a glazed disc with being worn out, sometimes pressure plates get weak. Time for a new clutch assembly, resurface the flywheel. If you have no cracks, 100 grit sandpaper works good.

Fuzy Navel
09-05-2006, 11:46 AM
I figured I would need a new clutch but im just making sure because its proble gonna be a pain to replace... But ya im looking into ordering just a stock replacment since I don't have any serious mods like turbo or anything no need to spend the money on it.. plus i want to drop a diff motor in there anyways lol.. Yesterday i went out and put it in the 3rd and tried that thing he told me to it didnt really die at all i relased the clutch like 70% and the rpms only droped like 100 maybe from idle speed and then i pushed it back it so ya... I will just put a new one in.. Thanks guys

MessyHonda
09-05-2006, 11:51 AM
I figured I would need a new clutch but im just making sure because its proble gonna be a pain to replace... But ya im looking into ordering just a stock replacment since I don't have any serious mods like turbo or anything no need to spend the money on it.. plus i want to drop a diff motor in there anyways lol.. Yesterday i went out and put it in the 3rd and tried that thing he told me to it didnt really die at all i relased the clutch like 70% and the rpms only droped like 100 maybe from idle speed and then i pushed it back it so ya... I will just put a new one in.. Thanks guys

what engine you want to put in?>

newaccorddriver
09-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Sounds like a glazed disc with being worn out, sometimes pressure plates get weak. Time for a new clutch assembly, resurface the flywheel. If you have no cracks, 100 grit sandpaper works good.

do you mean sand down the clutch disc itself with sand paper?