PDA

View Full Version : how much room do we really have to play with?

newaccorddriver
09-04-2006, 03:42 PM
ive just started putting my half size rad in, and i ran out of supplies, but i was looking at the placement, and i kinda see that theres not much more room even with the half size rad in there. i want to put a condensor in there for my air to water intercooler. does anybody know what cars come with extremely small ones? i dont think i can fit a civic one in there beside the rad unless one overlaps another which would mean it wont get cooled evenly

AccordEpicenter
09-04-2006, 07:13 PM
extremely small= extremely innefficient. Why not go with a 6" FMIC?

newaccorddriver
09-04-2006, 07:36 PM
mainly cause i dont want to hack up my bumper in any way. the way ive got it planned out is really simple, but im not sure if its as effective as a typical intercooler. im also basing this off of the typhoon and the cobras which had air to water intercoolers.

i think the main thing is i want to be different

by the way, im using a half size aluminum rad with a 2 inch core. so its slightly more efficient then the accords

A20A1
09-04-2006, 09:57 PM
being different is great but going to something that is less efficient is kind of a waste because you're not getting the most out of your turbo setup... you'll have to tune around not cooling the air charge as much, just to be different.

Just keep looking for alternatives, but ones that will be efficient and still be different...

someone on here did install and water/air intercooler... not sure if he sold it or not.

shepherd79
09-05-2006, 06:22 AM
i think you may want to chekc out saab or volvo 740-760 cars. they has vertical intercoolers.

newaccorddriver
09-05-2006, 01:55 PM
those volvo intercoolers have gigantic cores, but their almost impossible to use on any other car without serious modding. i cant see myself using any of those things in my car cause i just cant fab the stuff for it to even mount properly

A20A1
09-05-2006, 06:57 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31096