PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!! anyone?

Chubs87Accord
08-28-2002, 09:50 PM
this is going to sound weird but.... how do i brake into my car (87 accord hatch) i lost my keys... and if i get a guy to coe out and make a new key and everythingit will cost $120 and i really only have 4 and some change.... nd i honestly dont know what to do... im in over my head with this car.. the VCG has to be changed... i cant find my keys... someone cracked my windshield.. the radio doesnt even work... im bangin y head against the wall :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
trying to figure something out and i tried the coat hanger trick and it didnt work.. mainly because im a retard... and i want a very detailed how to on getting into my car without spending what i paid for the car someone help!

:crying: :bow: :( :sadwave: :crying:

offthahook
08-28-2002, 11:01 PM
A slim jim would work, but I'm not going to explain the exact steps. I've done it when I leave my keys locked in there. Thje police might have one, but you would have to work it for liability sakes. If you break the window, a used one will be about $50 plus labor if you don't do it yourself. And you will have glass chips EVERYWHERE forever. If you have no spare key, I'd see if a locksmith would come out and open it with a slimjim. NOT make a new key, which is what they try to do. He could open it in 10 seconds and it'd $40. Dude, you're gonna have to suck it up a lil bit on this one. GET A SPARE or 3 and give them to someone you trust...

87accordlx
08-29-2002, 08:56 AM
if you have a friend or neighbor that is a member of AAA get them to call AAA and say they locked their keys in the car, then just get them to pretend it's their car and they will do it for free

markmdz89hatch
08-29-2002, 09:10 AM
87accord is right, that works it's been done before I just hope one of your friends has AAA otherwise, hook's right, suck it up and call a locksmith.

good luck man!
let us all know how this works out.

89accordlxi
08-29-2002, 10:23 AM
well, I guess your title is probably in the glove box isn't it. There was a thread some where that mentioned if you took the vin # to the dealership, they would be able to cut you a new key for your car. That would problaby only cost $5 or so. But I guess with no proof that it is your car, they might be hestitant to do it. So If you have no title, then I guess this reply isn't much help. But if you have it or a registration slip or something, give it a try.

good luck!!!
Peace out

Neuspeed87lx
08-29-2002, 12:01 PM
its so easy to break into the 3g...i have had to do it like 5 times (twice in one day) with a slim jim...you just slide it down the window and pull up to pop the lock up...you just have to fool around with it for a while ....

Chubs87Accord
08-29-2002, 03:45 PM
i wouldnt hve a problem calling a locksmith... if i had the money... anyway,, i ganked the part where there is suppoed to be a side mirror off and used a pipe to open the lock.. fo i finally got in... now to find my keys.. nd also.. i hve no idea what dealership to go to... i bought it off a friend

offthahook
08-30-2002, 06:47 AM
Any dealership ahould hace access to the database of VIN's and such. Hope you can fix the part you used to gain access cuz that's an invite for a thief to do exactly what you did to get in the car, esp. the state you live in!! Get some spares cut.

Chubs87Accord
08-30-2002, 08:50 AM
lol... yeah i know right... but the hole isnt big enough for a hand.. i had to take a copper pipe and whack it a few times with a hammer to bend it in the right shape and it took me at least 20 minutes once i figured out the pipe would work... my concern are the bugs in my garage... dont want a family livin in there.. ewww

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-30-2002, 12:35 PM
GEWD LUCK DUDE!!! JUST HAVE SOME PATIENCE AND IT WILL WERK OUT!!! I AM JUST GLAD I CAN NEVER GET LOCKED OUT..

Chubs87Accord
08-31-2002, 11:47 AM
how can you never get locked out?

Chubs87Accord
08-31-2002, 11:49 AM
WOOOOHOOOOO... ok.. well like i said, i can get into my car... and i called the dealership and the code for my car wasnt listed... but i was told i can take out the lock cylinder fro the trunk take it in and the guy will cut a key from that... for ony $8 BUCKS!!! YEAH!!! lol... so anyway... how do i take it out... i was told it was easy.. im gonna go try it out now.. but incase i cant im gonna check back here :D

Chubs87Accord
08-31-2002, 12:59 PM
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! i got it, lol... now to just get the 8 bucks... i need a job, lol