PDA

View Full Version : Fix'n To Buy A New Civic. Comments Welcome

Cap'n Carageous
09-04-2006, 05:07 PM
My son wants a 2006 Civic. After looking at used ones I have decided to just buy a new one. For some reason everyone trying to sell used ones think they can sell them for about what a new one costs!
Anybody here got one, know someone with one? What should I seek/avoid? I am thinking about getting him a EX.

Vanilla Sky
09-04-2006, 05:19 PM
i drove an EX coupe with a manual transmission. very nice for a $21,000 car. it's a shame that the Si isn't much more money, though.

if it weren't for the fact that i can't afford one, a civic Si would be one of the cars i'd be looking into purchasing.

guaynabo89
09-04-2006, 05:20 PM
get an si with the oem underbody kit if you cand find one. If not a ex coupe is also nice. Just by the looks of the new civic I would consider getting one just because they look really nice.

I dont know of any cons of the new civics as of yet but I figure its a good car

Vanilla Sky
09-04-2006, 07:06 PM
i'm not a fan of the speedometer. that's one thing that gets to me. it gets to me almost enough that i'd not buy the car over that one simple thing.

AccordEpicenter
09-04-2006, 07:06 PM
GET THE NAVI! its such a nice thing to have

MessyHonda
09-04-2006, 07:44 PM
yeah my friend has a 06 SI and its sweet...i think he got riped tho cuz his payments are 545 for 6 years...he is my age.... 18 years old and he loves oh yeah 197hp with a 6 speed....just one word....SWEET!

ChaseR
09-05-2006, 12:27 AM
I ORDERED a 07' SI In Nighthawk Pearl Black! Ahw how I can't wait to get that thing. It gives Me a boner just thinking about a 8,000rpm redline with 197hp k20z3....... Check out

http://www.8thcivic.com

Thats the biggest 8th generation civic website around. Oh and I wouldn't get the Honda Navi! It doesn't play DVD's!

snoopyloopy
09-05-2006, 03:58 PM
wait till the si sedan comes out. or maybe it's already out. that's a nice sleeper right there. beyond that, i haven't heard any thing bad about them. i just don't really like the new design. i'd get an rsx over a civic because i think the rsx looks better.

2oodoor
09-09-2006, 03:38 AM
great cars from what I hear, check out motor trend , a few months back, they reviewed on pretty good. I would definatley buy one if I were in the new car market. All I can say is get the manual trans, I think the auto is that belt drive thingy whommpass, Icould be wrong. Talkaround your buds who have bought foreign cars in teh last few years to find out what dealer is honest about pricing, and who aint. Atlanta Metro has bunches of honda dealers. YOU of course want least depreciation and most resale value after a couple of years when selecting any model. I thought you could never go wrong with a chevy silverado buying one a year old, no depreciation, then having market value almost not change after five years, but here comes Katrina, and messed that up , but hey last time I checked my retail is back up there again. guess somebody told the market gods that the chevy 5.3 is great on fuel mileage so Im back right side up in it again.

chainz
09-09-2006, 06:24 AM
I work for a tier-I Honda supplier and my advise is BEWARE THE NEW MODEL. Wait untill the '08 or '09 model year. This goes for ALL cars, not just Civics or Hondas in general.

Cap'n Carageous
09-09-2006, 03:37 PM
I work for a tier-I Honda supplier and my advise is BEWARE THE NEW MODEL. Wait untill the '08 or '09 model year. This goes for ALL cars, not just Civics or Hondas in general.

What is my son supposed to do until then, walk? :dunno:

snoopyloopy
09-09-2006, 05:40 PM
get an unsold 05. or at least go for the 07, since they're not exactly the first first ones.

AccordEpicenter
09-09-2006, 05:49 PM
meh, just wait a little while. I ran into a guy today that isnt very happy with his 06 si (should have been MY CAR coincidentally) However i have another friend with an 06 Civic LX 4 dr and he loves it!

snoopyloopy
09-09-2006, 06:20 PM
yeah, i hear the 06 si is a step up performance-wise, but as a consumer product, it kinda sux. fortunately, the 07's should be shipping now or soon and they're supposed to fix some of the glitches.

SQ is the SQUAD
09-09-2006, 06:26 PM
i pretty muchj stoped likeing the civics after 2000. it get a 2000 ex coupe. if you do get a newer one, get an 04 civic ex 4dr

chainz
09-10-2006, 05:37 PM
yeah buy a 03 or 04 or EARLY 05 civic. the best of any model is after the mid-model redesign. don't buy a car built at the very end of the model run (what is called 'build-out' in the industry). at the end of the model cycle the quality standards are loosened to lower levels (much like they are at 'start-up' - the beginning of the model run).

snoopyloopy
09-11-2006, 04:52 PM
the 7g civic coupes look good too, even better than the new civic or the rsx imo. but the only problem with them is that everyone has them and has them and they all do the exact same things and so they look exactly alike. i buy an autotrader on occasion and whenever i see the 01-05 civics, it looks like they used the same picture for all the coupes. but the k-series does fit the engine bay perfectly. makes a nice sleeper right there.

reanimator420
09-11-2006, 06:00 PM
this is my new civic http://dedodge.com/Preowned-Inventory.aspx?InventoryId=13886463 . well im picking it up tomorow. i really like these body styles. and yeah i prob will buy a stillen lip or something someone else has. i do dislike bodykits though,they sorta "degrade" or take the "honda" out of the car. a nice lip is the first thing im getting though.