PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked My Car... Need some help :(

halxi
09-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Well heres the story...

i was traveling down the main drag here in town, speed limit of 30mph, i was doing about 30mph and slowing for some rough tracks. Right after the tracks there was a lady turning left (from the lane/direction i was traveling), and i hit the brakes harder to stop and wait for her to turn, my car bounced, brakes locked up, and i hit her. She was driving a 2001 Chrysler Town and Country minivan... she had a few stress marks on her bumper, and a dent in her rear tailgate... heres my car.

http://users.4x4wh.com/4x4master/Honda%20Pics/Wrecked/Resize%20Wizard-1.jpg
http://users.4x4wh.com/4x4master/Honda%20Pics/Wrecked/Resize%20Wizard-2.jpg
http://users.4x4wh.com/4x4master/Honda%20Pics/Wrecked/Resize%20Wizard-3.jpg
http://users.4x4wh.com/4x4master/Honda%20Pics/Wrecked/Resize%20Wizard-4.jpg
http://users.4x4wh.com/4x4master/Honda%20Pics/Wrecked/Resize%20Wizard-5.jpg

I'm going to need: new radiator, new radiator support, new headlights, new hood, new grille, new alternator, new alternator belt, new bumper, new bumper supports, and a complete front end re-spray. Thankfully my fenders arent damaged, and my frame isnt damaged either.

However, i know most of you wont really be phased by this. But i cant afford to fix it on my own, and my dad wont let me claim it on my insurance. So i turn you 3geez members for help/aide. Anybody that can help me out with cheap replacement parts, cash, anything at all. Shoot me a PM or Email ([email protected]) and let me know. Any help is greatly appriciated.

MessyHonda
09-04-2006, 07:54 PM
wow that sucks....i still dont get it? was it her fault or yours? yeah i am going to check craigslist for parts for you.

halxi
09-04-2006, 07:57 PM
wow that sucks....i still dont get it? was it her fault or yours? yeah i am going to check craigslist for parts for you.

she didnt have a signal on, but i rear ended her.

Faults mine no matter what.

Im thinking even if a cop trys to write me a ticket i can fight it. He didnt see the accident, neither damages or location, so he cant really write a ticket on his word against her word or anything. So we'll see.

MessyHonda
09-04-2006, 08:02 PM
she didnt have a signal on, but i rear ended her.
Faults mine no matter what.
Im thinking even if a cop trys to write me a ticket i can fight it. He didnt see the accident, neither damages or location, so he cant really write a ticket on his word against her word or anything. So we'll see.

what year is your car? or the front end at least.

halxi
09-04-2006, 08:02 PM
what year is your car? or the front end at least.
99-00

newaccorddriver
09-04-2006, 08:03 PM
no witnesses or anything? when theres no cop, witnesses are the only thing that can help you

halxi
09-04-2006, 08:04 PM
no witnesses or anything? when theres no cop, witnesses are the only thing that can help you

no witnesses, no cops

just me, and the van i hit... thats it.

Deadhead
09-04-2006, 08:15 PM
wow, that sucks.... Wish i knew what to tell you. If you need help at all with any of the labor let me know and i'll be down there. Your extremely lucky you had no frame damage.

A20A1
09-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Thats shitty, the same thing just happned to me, some guy stopped suddenly and made a sharp turn to the right, off the road.

I didn't hit him but I think he wanted me to. It's just too odd a situation, because about 7 months earlier some guy did the same thing to someone else and actually got hit in that same exact spot I was driving in. The car spun around cause a truck was behind him.

I think the stress of the economy is bringing out those groups and individuals that like to force accidents to get money.

88Accord-DX
09-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Well, if you can't find parts from a local JY or civic forum, here is a link. Just ask for what part you need & about 6-20 auto salvage yards will give you a price. Just include shipping in your quote. http://www.uneedapart.com/

That blows, but I see why your dad won't let you claim it on insurance. It is cheaper to fix it than the cost of insurance premium (raise) for the claim.

A18A
09-05-2006, 02:45 AM
shit that sucks :( didnt u just replace those rice headlights with stock ones? just to have this happen? poor you :(

1ajs
09-05-2006, 08:59 AM
son of a gun good luck on finding parts.

SQ is the SQUAD
09-05-2006, 03:45 PM
if the lady is gonna put in a claim, you minds well to, it really wont make a difference. but id start with a cf hood, cf lip and an aftermarket bumper cver( should be $30) the rest of the shit get from the jy

halxi
09-05-2006, 08:20 PM
if the lady is gonna put in a claim, you minds well to, it really wont make a difference. but id start with a cf hood, cf lip and an aftermarket bumper cver( should be $30) the rest of the shit get from the jy

naw, the lady hasnt even filed a police report yet and its been over 24 hours :thumbdn: also... only thing aftermarket im getting on the front end is the CF hood again. Thats it. Everything else will be stock OEM (minus radiator, still OEM but not civic stock) oh and ill have my mugen lip which i think im going to get painted, along with my rear lip, and my sideskirts. We'll see where it all goes though.

heres more news... today her husband (whom which has a warrant for his arrest, AND a suspended license) was driving her van to work, when it broke down. Motor mechanical failure, NOW shes trying to say it was caused from the impact on the accident. Can you say BULLSHIT. There was a scratch on her bumper, thats it. She drove away from the scene just fine, no weird noises, no knocking, NOTHING. As for me... you guys see the pics, my rad support is practically wrapped around my block, and my car still runs fine. So im thinkin, bullshit. Even if she says that to insurance, shes fucked. They'll run his license, see its suspended, AND he has a warrant. Bing Bing... bitch go bye bye.

SQ is the SQUAD
09-05-2006, 08:35 PM
dude, you knocjed her fule pump out of wack, lol

Hash_man_Se_i
09-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Damn sorry to hear this man. Wish I could help you out... If you lived near me I'm sure I could but you're kinda far away.

Good luck getting her fixed.

stat1K
09-05-2006, 08:58 PM
he's obviously just trying to get money out of you and your family. but yeah he's not going to. also i wouldn't be so sure that anything broke down at all. fuck that dude they wont get shit you're perfectly fine. hope you can find all the parts you need, i share the same sentiments as a lot of people, if i were close i would help you out but i live pretty south in arizona... so no help from me :( but gl nonetheless.

MessyHonda
09-05-2006, 09:50 PM
naw, the lady hasnt even filed a police report yet and its been over 24 hours :thumbdn: also... only thing aftermarket im getting on the front end is the CF hood again. Thats it. Everything else will be stock OEM (minus radiator, still OEM but not civic stock) oh and ill have my mugen lip which i think im going to get painted, along with my rear lip, and my sideskirts. We'll see where it all goes though.

heres more news... today her husband (whom which has a warrant for his arrest, AND a suspended license) was driving her van to work, when it broke down. Motor mechanical failure, NOW shes trying to say it was caused from the impact on the accident. Can you say BULLSHIT. There was a scratch on her bumper, thats it. She drove away from the scene just fine, no weird noises, no knocking, NOTHING. As for me... you guys see the pics, my rad support is practically wrapped around my block, and my car still runs fine. So im thinkin, bullshit. Even if she says that to insurance, shes fucked. They'll run his license, see its suspended, AND he has a warrant. Bing Bing... bitch go bye bye.

wow it takes some balls to pull off what she did....my uncle was falling asleep like 4 block away and he said that he let off the brake(spelled it for u) for a lil bit and since it was a automatic it went foward and hit her car...not even at 3mph hit...she filed a claim and said that her back hurt and she could not work. the insurance did not give her anything since they took pics and her car only had scratch and my uncles licence got bent back.....well good luck man....the lady knoes that your car got the worst damange.

Oldblueaccord
09-06-2006, 04:03 AM
Thats shitty, the same thing just happned to me, some guy stopped suddenly and made a sharp turn to the right, off the road.

I didn't hit him but I think he wanted me to. It's just too odd a situation, because about 7 months earlier some guy did the same thing to someone else and actually got hit in that same exact spot I was driving in. The car spun around cause a truck was behind him.

I think the stress of the economy is bringing out those groups and individuals that like to force accidents to get money.

They do it here also. Its insurance scam oldest in the book.

Most of the youger people I worked with were way upside down on there car payments. I young guy in particluar owed 17$ on a kia I think it was worht 8k $ maybe. he wants some one to steal it to get him out from under it.

Talk in the break room this other guy had an rx7 never ran right. He said he just drove as reckless as he dared and one day caught and old guy coming outta a Wendys and plowed him. Totalled the car. Car got it paid off. hurt his arm got some money from that and walked into the dealership and signed up on another new car. :wtf:

Im 34 and the best car I ever owned is an 88 honda accord i paid 5 grand cash for in 94. I guess Im doing something wrong.

wp

halxi
09-06-2006, 10:52 AM
They do it here also. Its insurance scam oldest in the book.
Most of the youger people I worked with were way upside down on there car payments. I young guy in particluar owed 17$ on a kia I think it was worht 8k $ maybe. he wants some one to steal it to get him out from under it.
Talk in the break room this other guy had an rx7 never ran right. He said he just drove as reckless as he dared and one day caught and old guy coming outta a Wendys and plowed him. Totalled the car. Car got it paid off. hurt his arm got some money from that and walked into the dealership and signed up on another new car. :wtf:
Im 34 and the best car I ever owned is an 88 honda accord i paid 5 grand cash for in 94. I guess Im doing something wrong.
wp

more like youre doing something RIGHT. Insurance scamming isnt the way to live. im 17 and i know this. Do things the right way, it may take longer to come out on top, but eventually youll be there, and you'll be there without the worry of "will my insurance company catch on?"

A18A
09-06-2006, 10:58 AM
karma, what goes around comes around :)

halxi
09-09-2006, 07:29 AM
So they're trying to total my car, its "borderline" fix right now, since its at 75% of the total value to fix it, i need to pickup a free radiator from someone or something to get a few bucks knocked off (like $280 lmao) so they wont total it out if the body shop finds anything else they have to get fixed. Either that, or i get documentation that the motor has been replaced and has less then 40k on it.

halxi
09-10-2006, 08:37 PM
my cars going to the bodyshop tomorrow :D :D im excited!

mkymonkey
09-11-2006, 08:11 AM
cool! at least some progress has been done :D

snoopyloopy
09-11-2006, 04:49 PM
nice, sounds good. and hey, go down to your dmv anyway and fill out an accident report. because idk how co is, but here in ca, even if you drive away perfectly fine (both of you), you have 10 days to fill out the report if there's over $750 in damage. if you don't but they do then try the insurance thing, you're screwed because it's your word against their's and they have papers to back up what they say.