PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my 2.5geez

denhonda
09-06-2006, 09:36 AM
Not particularly good pics but you get the idea. http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l122/dennypen/cars014.jpg http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l122/dennypen/cars012.jpg The pics kind of need resized but I'm not sure how to do that, you can also see how desperately the top one needs a good clean.

2ndGenGuy
09-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Cool man! Yeah looks like it could use a little wash, but looks like its in good shape! Love those headlights... can't wait to get mine from NZ! What does the emblem below the taillight say? Looks like ZX? And the rear fogs rock too! Got any engine pics?

You have 4-wheel disc on it, or anti-lock brakes? Looks like you don't have the headlight wipers either, is that a difficult installation on your car?

Hey wait are those two different cars?

rustlude87
09-06-2006, 11:47 AM
Yea are those different cars?? look at the bottom pic it has two cars

2ndGenGuy
09-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Oh yeah, I didn't notice the other car back there. And the license plates are different too... w00t! You've got 2 cars like mine! They look rust free too!

Got any plans for them? Do they both run and drive? What about the interiors?

:rockon: :bow: :eek:

denhonda
09-06-2006, 02:11 PM
2 different cars! The top one is the '84 38,000 miler that I bought in 2003 as a replacement for the bottom one which was my first car back in 1995, which BTW is a '85 150,000 miler. The top one had/has accident damage to the front end so I swapped the parts over from my rusted out old original (and it is really rusty!) to go someway towards repairing it. I've just last week got a new front panel assembly to be welded on when the time comes which will mean the front end can line up again (see gaps!) and I'll be able to replace the h/lamp wipers which are in the trunk. There is a small bit of rust on the o/s/r arch that'll need fixing & I'd like to repaint the car to freshen it up in time but in general the condition is really good. I'm gonna bring it out for a clean in the next few weeks so I'll take a few more pics then & try & store it a bit better than I've done so far. The badges under the tail lamp read "HONDAMATIC 4AT & EX", short for Executive obviously & both are auto transmission you see.

They're both carbed so have the discs/drums setup. The EFi was really rare here & I've only ever seen one which I noticed had the 4 discs/ALB & plastic wheel covers. I know of a rusted '84 Prelude being broken here & its crossed my mind about getting the rear beam/discs, etc. off it but I'm keener to get its original alloys to put on my car!

Regarding the headlamps, see also the side lamps which in the UK are a clear/smoke look as opposed to the amber in the US. Only the very front section of the side lamps light up on these. I did have the double-bulbed amber & clear/smoke type as fitted to the Malaysian cars elsewhere on this site but mine were aftermarket (bought in a car shop in Beirut a few years back!) and after a while began to crack. They looked cool though as very few cars here have amber cruising lamps!

I've got a 1982 2g sedan aswell which I drive occasionally so I'll get digi pics of that too in a few weeks.

I love my old Honda's!

denhonda
09-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Got any plans for them? Do they both run and drive? What about the interiors?
:rockon: :bow: :eek:

To clarify, the bottom one is the spares car & the top one is a long-term project. Amazingly they both still start & drive, though the brakes are mostly seized on my old one as it was last on the road in 1999! Interior in the 'new' is mint & the paint on all but 2 panels is factory.

denhonda
09-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Its good that this site exists as it might actually encourage me to get off my ass and get this old car fixed up!

Interestingly I bought the new one via Ebay and had to drive over 300 miles to pick it up! Me & a mate went down with a box of parts to put the car back together in order that I could bring it back up the road after it had been lying in a yard for almost a year! When it resembled a car again (an hours work) I put in a charged battery, fuelled it up & drove home via a chinese restaurant for dinner! It drove like a new car which totally impressed me, was economical & it made it home with no problems at all.

I've got too many cars which is why these ones tucked away don't get any attention, but I'm doing my best to cut ties with some of the others so I can properly look after (& afford!) just a few now.

Edit: Check out the 1geez thread about limos as I put a link to a pic I've got of a 2g limo!