PDA

View Full Version : prepping the side moldings

sinisterfuzzy
09-07-2006, 07:11 AM
for those of you who kept your side moldings how did you prep them? i'm probly going to be painting my car again a white pearl and make the side moldings black, how ever, my last pj, we didn't really prep the sidemoldings anyway special so there runs, and it looks like hell, so i wanna know what to do different to make this look good!

MessyHonda
09-07-2006, 08:26 AM
just use some laquer to take off the runs? or sand paper...and they have like a flexible primer....i would paint it the color of the car....more like a shaved look.

sinisterfuzzy
09-07-2006, 08:34 AM
idk, i was going to just shave the moldings altogether but i think they do give the car a little bit more character.

Xtreemjedi
09-07-2006, 09:21 AM
DO NOT paint the moldings body color! That is soooo ugly! :rant: If you want them off, take them off and use body filler to smooth it and THEN paint it. My personal opinion is to re-paint them black, keep it looking like a 3GEE, that's the point right?:uh:

sinisterfuzzy
09-07-2006, 09:26 AM
DO NOT paint the moldings body color! That is soooo ugly! :rant: If you want them off, take them off and use body filler to smooth it and THEN paint it. My personal opinion is to re-paint them black, keep it looking like a 3GEE, that's the point right?:uh:

yes

2ndGenGuy
09-07-2006, 09:36 AM
I dunno these cars had black moldings originally too, but this looks pretty damn good painted body color. But he did leave the chrome, so maybe that helped.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/farezCA2/P1010363.jpg

Xtreemjedi
09-07-2006, 09:39 AM
I never said shaved looked BAD, I said body-colored-painted molding looks bad. My point was I would keep it looking old school.:bandit:

mkymonkey
09-07-2006, 09:40 AM
mother of jebus that shit is freaking awesome! mad tight yo....im serious ^^^^^^^^

sinisterfuzzy
09-07-2006, 10:05 AM
that is pretty sweet, but i do wanna keep my oldschoolISH look. I think the red 2.0 badge and ebay'd CF hood would look pretty sweet.

3G Jester
09-07-2006, 01:12 PM
if you go to honda and pick up a 35 dollar bottle of silicon somethingrather it will make the black plastic moldings look NEW. you get a sponge and squeeze a little of the silicon liquid onto the sponge...then rub it on the mouldings...woo. looks hot.