PDA

View Full Version : Password:JDM Petition

sinisterfuzzy
09-07-2006, 12:16 PM
The Petition (http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/passwordjdm)

MessyHonda
09-07-2006, 12:29 PM
The Petition (http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/passwordjdm)

i just called them....they said no can do....he was an ass...i was like how about llike JDM corners and he was like no you cant order parts and hope they come next month....

bobafett
09-07-2006, 12:33 PM
rofl...

hes right, its not like you just order them and they have them all in stock. with 240s people order their 'jdm' parts and wait up to a year for them to have enough parts to fill a container before they ship it overseas.

you guys better sit down for this one: WHO CARES ABOUT JDM?????? i guess I must be the only one. yeah maybe the turn signals look a bit better, but its not worth paying $$$$ for them. heheh...

argh i just dont understand jdmwhores and the whole jdm fad. :( password jdm deals with people who ARE willing to pay $500 for taillights lol...

http://passwordjdm.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=10&P_ID=503&strPageHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=268

gfrg88
09-07-2006, 12:36 PM
rofl...

hes right, its not like you just order them and they have them all in stock. with 240s people order their 'jdm' parts and wait up to a year for them to have enough parts to fill a container before they ship it overseas.

you guys better sit down for this one: WHO CARES ABOUT JDM?????? i guess I must be the only one. yeah maybe the turn signals look a bit better, but its not worth paying $$$$ for them. heheh...

argh i just dont understand jdmwhores and the whole jdm fad. :( password jdm deals with people who ARE willing to pay $500 for taillights lol...

http://passwordjdm.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=10&P_ID=503&strPageHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=268

:thumbup: i dont care about the whole JDM crap either, i think the stock 88-89 corners look good. the only thing i would like would be the power folding mirrors :D

sinisterfuzzy
09-07-2006, 01:29 PM
maybe if we just fuck the petition and just get a bunch of people to call tehm asking to import shit they'll wise up...

sinisterfuzzy
09-07-2006, 01:30 PM
...or get really annoyed with us and hate 3geez forever...

ghettogeddy
09-07-2006, 01:59 PM
:thumbup: i dont care about the whole JDM crap either, i think the stock 88-89 corners look good. the only thing i would like would be the power folding mirrors :D
ya i personaly like my clearcornes better then the jdm ones but i wouldent mind the inside acc, and fog lights and stuff like that im not talk full front clips and shit but a b20a or 2 would be nice

86AccordLxi
09-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Seriously, this petition (like almost every other online one) is ridiculous. If there was money in it, they'd already be importing parts for the 3g.

Alex

snoopyloopy
09-07-2006, 03:44 PM
well i think the problem is that when little johnny inherits the 3g from grandma, he immediately runs out and tries to find bolt ons like all his friends with civics did. he can't for the most part, so he soon gives up on the accord and sells it to buy a civic. and that just perpetuates the cycle. if there were more "rice" parts available for our cars, people would be more willing to mod them and companies would take notice.

86AccordLxi
09-07-2006, 03:56 PM
I think that's where you're wrong. It doesn't matter if one importer brings a few jdm tyt3 parts over--it's still a LOT more money to swap a motor into a 3g, and the cars themselves are significantly heavier than civics of the late 80s and 90s. Sure there are lots of rice parts for civics, but even if the 3g has the same availabilty of rice parts, it's still a lot more money to make a 3g as fast as a civic given weight and motor constraints.

And, I don't want 800 people chiming in "my 3g was fastAr than my buddy's civic, y0." That doesn't change my point. These cars were ahead of the curve when they came out but they never had the aftermarket and it's too late now.

Alex

snoopyloopy
09-07-2006, 04:20 PM
i think our cars would still stand a chance of we still had the availability of a few core parts. such as turbo manifolds or mount kits for b-series. or even h-series to be ambitious. a b16 into a civic isn't really much less work than it is into our cars. you still need a mount kit and axles and some wiring at a bare minimum. if pri or hasport (since they're still in business) offered a mount kit, i know that quite a few more people on this board and some more beyond our community would sport b-series powerplants in their 3g. it's no ferrari, but a 3g is still pretty quick for what it is. and give it a b-series and they would gain more respect as reasonably quick cars. of course, i don't think we'll ever see someone running 9's in a 3g. and i also understand that companies are in business for one reason: to make money. and when that stops, then they'll either change their operations or go out of business. but with today's technology, you can store templates for most of the things we 3geezers want on a computer and the same machines that make them for b-series or h-series engines can be adjusted to make something for an a-series without the trouble that that may have once caused.

86AccordLxi
09-07-2006, 07:20 PM
But even when these kits were available the demand was relatively low--much lower than the demand for civic mount kits. It all comes down to money...

Alex

snoopyloopy
09-07-2006, 07:25 PM
yeah, i understand the money issue. if i were in business to sell car stuff, i wouldn't depend on the people here to stay in business. i'd go somewhere like honda-tech where there's people throwing money every which way. but correct me if i'm wrong. many of the parts are now made using hi-tech machines and computers. so is it really that hard to save a file with the template on a computer and use that template for special orders or whenever the demand is there? i don't see where the money loss would come from there.

86AccordLxi
09-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I understand what you're saying, but have password:jdm bring you parts vs. having companies keep cnc files on hand are two entirely different things.

Alex

snoopyloopy
09-07-2006, 07:34 PM
yeah, that was the problem with dc sports too, they lost the file for the headers. and a container full of 3g parts is one thing, but 3g parts in a general container shouldn't be the most impossible thing to get. it all comes down to the money. and most of us won't pay $200 for our jdm corners, which i'm sure they'd charge. so that's why that idea falls flat.

BITESIZE
09-07-2006, 07:35 PM
JDM stuff is over rated.

86AccordLxi
09-07-2006, 07:36 PM
yeah, that was the problem with dc sports too, they lost the file for the headers. and a container full of 3g parts is one thing, but 3g parts in a general container shouldn't be the most impossible thing to get. it all comes down to the money. and most of us won't pay $200 for our jdm corners, which i'm sure they'd charge. so that's why that idea falls flat.

Exactly.

Alex