PDA

View Full Version : weard problem.

shepherd79
08-29-2002, 05:40 AM
ok, here is what happen.
my baby ran fine last night, no problmes what so ever.
i start my car this morning and what i get? i get poor ass performance. It won't even idle. i got it to idle and it idles like shit.
when i try to take off, i have no HP, my car starts shaking like hell. it feels like it will shake itself apart.
my first idea was it is vacuum leak. Nope it is not that.
something wrong with distributor or spark plugs. Nope it wasn't that eather.
so i started to look closer and apperently it has something to do with a vacuum for air in the carb. i have no idea what too look for. everything looks normal to me. there are no cracks in the vacuum lines, there are silicone. so i am at dead end.
i forced the car to move, so i am at first gear, i floor it and what i get my car starts slowly accelerating. it feels like i lost 1/2 of my HP.
so i don't know what to do.
please, any help would be nice.
thanks a lot.

P.S. it is not fuel filters eather, i change them every 6 month.

shepherd79
08-29-2002, 11:46 AM
so i guess no one knows

doug
08-29-2002, 12:03 PM
is this the carb that you drilled out the other day?

shepherd79
08-29-2002, 12:58 PM
yeap it is the one. remember it worked fine the other day, so bigger jets has nothing to do with this.
it is something in vacuum shit.

Site
08-29-2002, 12:59 PM
LOL, for real. Is this the DIY modified carb? If so, that could be the prob. Man, my car lost power, started bad , had to hold on the gas to keep it running, and then it quit on me while on the highway. My coil was going out. Replaced it and everything is okay, now.

shepherd79
08-29-2002, 02:59 PM
i don't think it is a coil. i have accel and it is less than 2 month old.
this carb never fail me, but i always have problems with vacuum. i hate that shit.

A20A1
08-29-2002, 05:26 PM
hmm, check the coil... just in case... I'm going to check mine as well, cause my tach was junmping when the car wasn't reving a little before the car died... i really din't think much of it though.

shepherd79
08-29-2002, 05:39 PM
mam, i am gonna skip classes tomorrow. so i will spend all day working on my car. but how would coil affect the vacuum. it is just i have this weard feeling that it is someking solenoid that responsible for it.
man i wish i knew hot to remove that vacuum shit and plug the holes on the carb.

89BlackH-Back
08-29-2002, 05:51 PM
the car started shaking, how long you been driving 5 speed

shepherd79
08-29-2002, 06:04 PM
i have been driving 5 speed since i was 10 years old. trust me. i know how to drive 5 speed. it shakes when it idles.

A20A1
08-29-2002, 06:29 PM
well if the engien isn't getting spark then the there won't be vacuum...

shepherd79
08-29-2002, 06:30 PM
hmm, that does make sence.
i think i have some old coil, accel type in the garage somewhere. i will try it tomorrow.
good point mike.

shepherd79
08-29-2002, 06:32 PM
so if it is a coil, what should i get this time?
MSD blaster coil or another accel?

shepherd79
08-30-2002, 09:22 AM
well, it took me half a day but i got it running. it is not as good as it was because i had to use the carb from my parts car but it is running.
and you won't believe what the problem was. it wasn't carb, and i knew it couldn't be carb. but i tried running on a another one and it didn't fix.
so i started to play around the spark plugs and i notticed that when i pull on out and was about to putt the back on the car would run fantastic. so i said to my self "you dummy, it is distributor."
well guys, it was distributor. it runs good, but not best.
So i am mad at me and my car right now.
i hope no one will have this kind of problems.