PDA

View Full Version : turn signal fuse blowing on time delay???

led_fut
09-08-2006, 09:28 AM
driving down the road one day, all of the sudden "snap"... no tach, no fuel gauge, no temp guage, no turn signals. get back to my place, start looking for blown fuses. #2 on the panel (10A turn signals/reverse lights) is blown. replaced it, everything worked again. then, i had to run to town, and a couple minutes down the road "snap" again, everything stopped working like before. picked up a bunch of fuses at crappy tire, went back home replaced it again. everything works again. next trip, same thing, couple minutes and "snap". so i had the fuses with me, and with the car still running i popped another one in and it snaps immediately. i have no idea what is going on

right now, i am driving around with a 10A circuit breaker in the fuse spot, i have it kind of sitting in the spot so i can push it up a little to use my signals when i need to, then tip it back down to disconnect it (save burning something out maybe).

other notes:
all front signal bulbs have been replaced, back ones seem fine
cruise control light above guages and a few other warning lights dont work with fuse blown, not to mention tach, fuel guage, temp guage, clock, and turn signals
hazards work with fuse blown
seems to blow when engine reaches normal operating temp (is this the reason maybe?)

btw, ive searched for this and came up with nothing....so any help would be greatly appreciated

led_fut
09-15-2006, 08:05 PM
so apparently no one has any ideas out there... thats ok cuz i figured it was an oddball problem. Just got back to school so havent been driving too many miles lately and the problem hasnt cropped up since.... so fingers crossed