PDA

View Full Version : Factory CD Player/Cassette player

Alexi3rdgen
09-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Hey,

My '89 CD player hasn't been working correctly recently. It won't play normal CD's, and when I put in a "cleaning" CD, it would play a little bit, skip back, play a little more and skip back, over and over. Anyone know what might cause this, or how/where to get it fixed?

Also, when I put a tape in the tape deck, it makes a clickety-click noise over and over, and sometime it'll play, sometimes it'll play after I hold the play button down, and sometimes it won't work at all, and just eject the tape. Again, any possible solutions would be appreciated.

Wes

RamThis
09-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Dude, time for a new stereo.

And cassettes???? I think I have some buried somewhere, almost forgot what they look like.....

A stereo repair shop would probably laugh if you asked them to actually fix it. Would probably cost as much as just buying a new decent head unit and doing away with the "cassette" player part alltogether. My truck has a CD/Cassette combo, dont know why in 2000 they still even offered cassette player??

ghettogeddy
09-09-2006, 09:48 PM
:stupid:

frantik
09-09-2006, 09:49 PM
is that the stock honda cd player you're talking bout?

ghettogeddy
09-09-2006, 09:52 PM
i was thinking the same thing how does he have both

frantik
09-09-2006, 09:54 PM
cause the cd player plugs into the tape deck hu

Alexi3rdgen if you're gonna junk it i'd be willing to throw you a couple bucks + shipping :deal:

ghettogeddy
09-09-2006, 10:02 PM
were would it mount in the tape holder

A18A
09-09-2006, 10:09 PM
were would it mount in the tape holder
it goes down in the part were you store the tapes, you know like were the equilizer goes.

i have a tape player and a cd player in mine both working too =D quality sucks though

frantik
09-10-2006, 01:31 AM
yeah it goes in the special center console thing that holds it

are the cd players common over there in NZ overdosed? u wanna sell me yours?

A18A
09-10-2006, 01:37 AM
o mines not OEM mines HM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/09332109.jpg
u can buy mine if u want though :D ive never seen a oem cd player in a 3gee though

'89AccordLX(Rus)
09-10-2006, 04:38 AM
What is being described in regard to the CD player may be caused by the lens trolley snapping off of its tracks. As a result the movement of the lens is not controlled properly and you get skipping back and forth. The issue should be easy to spot if you take the unit apart. The tape deck may have some part of the loading/tape engagement mechanism broken. It is not uncommon for the small rubber belts inside the cassette players to slip, break, or disintegrate with lots of use. Again, these are easy to spot, but a bit difficult to match up and replace.

Alexi3rdgen
09-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey, these cars are a treasure of 1980's design, so playing a cassette seems somehow appropriate. My friend picked up a Styx tape at goodwill, so we were playing Mr. Roboto, which just fits with the 80's/Japanese thing. I'll look for a shop to fix the CD player, and maybe just pick up a better working radio/tape deck unit from somewhere. Thanks for your help,

Wes

ghettogeddy
09-10-2006, 08:28 AM
i should have a couple of extra oem tape decks laying around

RamThis
09-10-2006, 09:28 AM
:stupid:

Huh?

I have a couple hundred cassettes laying around in the back of a closet. When CD's came out, I replaced all my stuff with CD's. It's almost as bad as keeping an 8 track player around. It's time has come and gone, and it will never be as good as a CD.

Old cars, though, are different. With some TLC, they CAN be just as good as what is out now! Some cases, even better :)

A18A
09-10-2006, 09:31 AM
we still got a stove full of old records lol and even a stereo to play them :)

ghettogeddy
09-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Huh?
I have a couple hundred cassettes laying around in the back of a closet. When CD's came out, I replaced all my stuff with CD's. It's almost as bad as keeping an 8 track player around. It's time has come and gone, and it will never be as good as a CD.
Old cars, though, are different. With some TLC, they CAN be just as good as what is out now! Some cases, even better :)
i just agreed with on the it cost to much to have it fixed when i can just get a cheap cd player and do away with the tapes

RamThis
09-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Oh ok, the sign just made me think you thought it was a stupid idea lol. I thought it was a good idea myself. :)