PDA

View Full Version : Update on the DX!

MessyHonda
09-09-2006, 11:58 PM
well today i went to my uncles house in modesto, CA.... and Messy has Twin nephews.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/DSCF2112Small.jpg
they were born thursday so they are like 3 days young. anyways i went to go check out my DX and how it was doing. and i snaped some pics.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/DSCF2114Small.jpg
i just turn on the car and lights....to find a dead dragon fly on my light...i wiped it off tho.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/DSCF2113Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/DSCF2116Small.jpg
my dirty lude seats. il wash em up tho.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/DSCF2118Small.jpg
my armrest that im going to put in....:wtf: has a cat been walking over the 3gee?...lol the car needs a wash....i never seen it this drity since i have started driving it....sad sight.....cat should of wrote WASH ME!...lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/DSCF2120Small.jpg
that is the engine that is going to be rebuilt when tax money starts pouring in.....well its a A20A3 that Twoloundnpround gave me...(thanks tommy)

A18A
09-10-2006, 12:12 AM
good stuff, must be nice to have a efi engine. love them seats too and your wheels ./ whos the twins? my sister-inlaw has just had her baby today :)

MessyHonda
09-10-2006, 12:20 AM
good stuff, must be nice to have a efi engine. love them seats too and your wheels ./ whos the twins? my sister-inlaw has just had her baby today :)

yeah i was thinking of doing a fuel injection swap...my uncle already got like 3 carbs for my car and they are 48 bucks a pop.....i just hate the way carbs run now....i got the seats for free they need a wash. and my wheels are geting new falken tires. well the twins are my moms cousins....i just call him my uncle.. first set of twins in the fam. they got lucky boy and girl...they are going to be in the newspaper....3 days old and they are already famous...lol

MessyHonda
10-02-2006, 06:11 PM
well i might as well keep it updated....so yeah today i took off the fat fives from my dx...im going to sand them, polish them and clear them. so i put on my Lx-i rims for now.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/DSCF2153Small.jpg
the lx-i rims were dirty so i cleaned it with some degreaser and they look alright.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/DSCF2154Small.jpg

MessyHonda
10-26-2006, 09:22 PM
well....today i took in my car for a free AAA inspection...

they did like a 29 point inspection

1.i need to clean and adjust the rear brakes
2.oil pan gasket need to be replaced
3.valve cover gasket needs to be replaced
4.brake fluid flush
5. distributor O ring needs to be replaced
6.power sterring flush.

they want 749+ tax to fix it...i said no thanks and left..lol

oh yeah i finally used seafoam....and god damn i fumagated the whole block...ppl got scared.....lady ran up to me to see if i was ok...i told her i used some liquid to clean the car.....i got to say.....now i have a exhuast rasp....

Cheeseburger
10-26-2006, 09:24 PM
wow i never saw this, looks like good progress

Pico
10-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Did you get your smog done yet?

MessyHonda
10-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Did you get your smog done yet?

no...i picked up a newspaper...and i found a deal for 30 bucks smoged....then i found out i needed a test only station.... i used seafoam...pored like 1/4 of the can down the carb....and like i said even smoke came out of my air vents...i had to cross the street...cuz it was huge...i wish i had a pic.

frantik
10-26-2006, 11:03 PM
even smoke came out of my air vents.

:lol:

mkymonkey
10-26-2006, 11:50 PM
looks good dude...hows the engine rebuild coming?

A18A
10-27-2006, 05:18 AM
i wanna play with this seafoam stuff :bandance:

snoopyloopy
10-27-2006, 07:10 AM
and like i said even smoke came out of my air vents
how'd you get it to do that? :lol:

MessyHonda
10-27-2006, 08:00 AM
how'd you get it to do that? :lol:

idk wut it was fucking nasty.....i think it took a good 3 weeks off my life....i had the fan going when i started the car...and it came in...so i had to dich fast... and i walked across the street. and i could not even see my car.....white smoke came out...is that good or bad?

snoopyloopy
10-27-2006, 08:19 AM
good in that it cleaned out your engine. but bad in that now it might have loosened some stuff that was being held in by the sludge and you might get some oil consumption. especially if you now go and run some full synthetic stuff.

MessyHonda
10-27-2006, 08:40 AM
good in that it cleaned out your engine. but bad in that now it might have loosened some stuff that was being held in by the sludge and you might get some oil consumption. especially if you now go and run some full synthetic stuff.

i only poured it down the carb and put some in the fuel.....il do it again since i need to pass smog....i found a place that will smog it for 36 bucks...everware else i looked they wanted 70 +

MessyHonda
10-27-2006, 05:03 PM
its official....my car passed smog today....WOOT...i guess seafoam stuff works...time to put it on the lx-i

2oodoor
10-28-2006, 04:04 AM
its official....my car passed smog today....WOOT...i guess seafoam stuff works...time to put it on the lx-i
its a miracle....why
its a miracle you didnt streach a rod pouring shit down the carb
its a miralce your O2 sensor recovered so well and so quickley to pass a C0 test
its a miracle you dont have a god aweful smell inside your car like rush limbaughs cigar smoke or something along with a fart.
its a miracle I can hardley spell anyting right this morning, wtf is wrong with my bwain
its a miracle you didnt change the oil after pouring mineral sprirts down your carb
its a miracle your blessed with two baby boys, it going to be fun , congrats to your family !
its a miralce no body sells BG products , they rock and work, all you needed to do was put some 44k in the tank and avoided the mosquito exodus.
laugh out loud.... glad it all worked out for you and your miracles are miraclueless, um miraculous. ROO and PS,, get off the computer and get out there and get to work !!, I will sell you the whole car with weber and header, and straight body,for a grand and couple of Cnotes if you come get it, save $$$

mkymonkey
10-28-2006, 07:14 AM
lol...why are you selling him your car?...that was a weird turn that post took

MessyHonda
10-28-2006, 07:21 AM
its a miracle....why
its a miracle you didnt streach a rod pouring shit down the carb
its a miralce your O2 sensor recovered so well and so quickley to pass a C0 test
its a miracle you dont have a god aweful smell inside your car like rush limbaughs cigar smoke or something along with a fart.
its a miracle I can hardley spell anyting right this morning, wtf is wrong with my bwain
its a miracle you didnt change the oil after pouring mineral sprirts down your carb
its a miracle your blessed with two baby boys, it going to be fun , congrats to your family !
its a miralce no body sells BG products , they rock and work, all you needed to do was put some 44k in the tank and avoided the mosquito exodus.
laugh out loud.... glad it all worked out for you and your miracles are miraclueless, um miraculous. ROO and PS,, get off the computer and get out there and get to work !!, I will sell you the whole car with weber and header, and straight body,for a grand and couple of Cnotes if you come get it, save $$$

i dont think i made alot of damage to the car cuz the engine only has 40-50k....13 k since i put in it the car...seafoam says o2 sensor safe....yeah i didnt put it in the oil so i didnt think i had to change it. plus i ran syntetic oil so it will last forever.:bandance: im only 18.....i dont plan to have kids anytime soon...if you read next time i said they were my uncles kids.....he works at a body shop...so he helps me alot. and i would NEVER buy another carburated car in my life.....FUEL INJECTION FTW! :thumbup:

2oodoor
10-28-2006, 01:46 PM
oh I know they are not your kids, maybe I worded it hard to read, hell I was trying to write a rap song. lol just cutting up with ya Messy....Monkey, I would sell my car in a skinny minute for 1500 , about what Messy is about to put in his. Mine is complete except for minor tuning issues which I plan on fixing next weekend.
I am not advertising it for sale , basically a bluff cuz I Know he already said he would come to GA meet, blah blah blah... just making a point, some of us put too much into these cars and those funds will not be recovered unless you find just the right customer.... Dam and they say I take things too seriousley on the forum...
also I must confess I think I have a new love... the civic... help me ....help
lol