PDA

View Full Version : power steering anyone?

HondaBoy
09-10-2006, 01:28 AM
so i loved my original ps. you could turn the wheel with just your pinky finger. but i had the rack replaced a few years ago and the wrong fluid was put in so it never worked well. i had decided to leave the belt off after i had done some other things to it so i havent had the ps working for quite a while. maybe over a year or so. i dunno. but recently i f'ed my back up picking up too many of those damn orange cones at last weeks autocross event. a few aint bad but i was stacking those things up like a mofo and lifting with my back. so aside from that having no ps didnt help. then i disassembled an engine at school and put it back together so that did me in. so driving with no ps has been quite a bitch. a few days back i bought the bolt i needed for the pump mount and some fluid. this time i made damn sure i got the right stuff. a lot of the fluid was out of the system from when i had to take a line off. but pretty much it was easy. just put the belt back and put the fluid in. works great now and makes those 205's turn much easier. anyway, not going back to not having ps.