PDA

View Full Version : O2 sensor simulator???

gfrg88
09-11-2006, 10:19 AM
ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/O2-bypass-Honda-MIL-eliminator-oxygen-sensor-simulator_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42610QQihZ001 QQitemZ110029504854QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW)

anyone tried this?? or is it just another one of those money thrown aways ebay items??

MessyHonda
09-11-2006, 10:26 AM
what would it do? make the car run rich? dont we need 2 of them?....well it looks like a good price.

gfrg88
09-11-2006, 10:31 AM
what would it do? make the car run rich? dont we need 2 of them?....well it looks like a good price.

well its supposed to make the car go back to stock A/F ratio so im mostly looking for this for me cause my car still runs really rich dont know why, i think its the o2 sensors though, but the i dont get any codes for that :dunno:

DBMaster
09-11-2006, 11:18 AM
This is for Giovanni:

My car failed the HC emission test two years ago. It turned out I had "weak" O2 sensors. I learned that on these cars you have to be in pretty much total failure mode on the sensor(s) before you get a check engine light. Once both O2 sensors were replaced I passed and passed this year as well. And, for good measure I had the car fixed and reinspected at a different place from the original location (which was the local Honda dealer).

I would love to know if this device has any practical purpose for us.

B16KILLA
09-11-2006, 11:18 AM
well its supposed to make the car go back to stock A/F ratio so im mostly looking for this for me cause my car still runs really rich dont know why, i think its the o2 sensors though, but the i dont get any codes for that :dunno:

well, since you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I think you should get a fuel pressure gauge first, or you can slowly turn down the fuel pressure until your car is about to die then give a qaurter turn to the right. If that dosent work well try those o2 simulator than. Could'nt hurt, could it?

gfrg88
09-11-2006, 11:52 AM
well, since you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I think you should get a fuel pressure gauge first, or you can slowly turn down the fuel pressure until your car is about to die then give a qaurter turn to the right. If that dosent work well try those o2 simulator than. Could'nt hurt, could it?

:kekeke: i forgot i had an afpr :slap: i dont have it on, its somewhere packed away. or maybe still in cali. ill have to look for it, but i need a pressure gauge too :rant:

LiTtLe xOx BitT
09-11-2006, 01:02 PM
It says is only works on obd-ll equipped cars, im not sure if it would work.

gfrg88
09-11-2006, 04:40 PM
It says is only works on obd-ll equipped cars, im not sure if it would work.

they have different ones, the one i was looking at was a one wire, so technically it should work :D but ill just have to look for my afpr, going back to the track wed. im working on putting on my new mounts :rockon:

azazel_18_2
09-13-2006, 06:38 AM
This is a cheap rip off. Sorry to say I tried one on my 98 Civic and it lasted a little while. After about a month it burned up. I'm not real sure why you need an o2 sensor simulator on our 3geez. Mainly these O2 sensor simulators are for cars with an o2 sensor after the cat. If you go to a high flow cat your car will through a code. I ended up using a mechanical o2 sensor simulator and it has been great and no codes have been thrown.
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229959&hl=simulator
The o2 sensors on our 3g accords work a little different. As they warm up they send voltage to the computer where are on my 98 civic as the o2 sensor warms up it becomes a resistor and the computer does the calculation or a/f. Hope this helps.

b20a86lude
09-14-2006, 03:04 PM
how the is that supose to work

azazel_18_2
09-15-2006, 06:41 AM
Without the cat the o2 sensor will throw a CEL saying there is no cat. This pulls the o2 sensor out of the main stream of the exhaust. Before the exhaust is rushing by the o2 sensor so quickly the computer notices there is no backpressure and that something is wrong so it throws a CEL. This mechanical simulator works great. no CEL in 20k miles. Your o2 sensor still has to be operational. The electrical ones on ebay are the same. Your o2 sensor still has to work it just tricks the computer into thinking the cat is still there but burn up after a few months.

blh1983
07-03-2007, 07:21 PM
If your tired of worrying about your O2 Sensors just get a JDM/EDM ECU. :rockon:

ghettogeddy
07-03-2007, 07:42 PM
If your tired of worrying about your O2 Sensors just get a JDM/EDM ECU. :rockon:
lol this is an old thread