PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Turbo, rsx guages, & rear discs

leem
09-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Just wondering if i can use any turbo off of another car, cuz if so the junk yard has dozens of volvo turbos, also will rsx gauges fit in our dash, and will any other year accord's rear disc fit on the 3rd gen? THANX!!

Listen2myBASS
09-11-2006, 01:01 PM
turbo-i would think so
rsx gauges-nope i beleive they have 4 faces, we have 3
rear discs-no idea

ghettogeddy
09-11-2006, 01:04 PM
turbo-i would think so
rsx gauges-nope i beleive they have 4 faces, we have 3
rear discs-no idea
#1)yes
#2)with alot of modification im sure it can be done
#3)same as above but it would just be easyer to use the 3rd gen sei setup

MessyHonda
09-11-2006, 02:47 PM
#1)yes
#2)with alot of modification im sure it can be done
#3)same as above but it would just be easyer to use the 3rd gen sei setup

yup im with Geddy on this one...the turbo will fit you still need to get a manifold made for the car.(make sure its fuel injected) the guages might be a prob since our spedo only goes to 130....you would have to get it calibritaed...(IMO not worth the truble) yeah just hit the junkyards till you find a SE-i....i have not put mine on but i already did my drilled and sloted rotors up front with AEM pads and they stop super nice

gfrg88
09-11-2006, 04:36 PM
1. search
2. search
3. youll prolly have to SEARCH.

try using search and common sense. :welcome:

HondaBoy
09-13-2006, 07:09 PM
i dunno. i looked at what i could do with a volvo's turbo and found that they were small and not as efficient as say a chrysler/mitsubish or mercedes benz.

AccordEpicenter
09-13-2006, 08:19 PM
it depends what volvo turbo you have, ive seen a great deal of different size and model turbos come from volvos... post pics.

leem
09-16-2006, 07:57 AM
thanx alot guys, looks like the rsx gauges is obd-2, my dumbass, the odometer is digital, and only 2 wires connect the guages, unlike ours which has 6. Nevertheless i got an f22bvtec for 2 with everything from the junkyard, im just waiting for the mounts and the shift linkage, the brakes i still have to find.

Legend_master
09-16-2006, 04:53 PM
thanx alot guys, looks like the rsx gauges is obd-2, my dumbass, the odometer is digital, and only 2 wires connect the guages, unlike ours which has 6. Nevertheless i got an f22bvtec for 2 with everything from the junkyard, im just waiting for the mounts and the shift linkage, the brakes i still have to find.

Well as for the RSX gauges, everything on them is electronic. The speedo, the tach, the odometer, even the gas and oil. Our gauges use analog speedo and odometer. I believe Our RPMS are also read from a different area. Ir would be very difficult. You would have to get and electronic VSS on the transmission to send the signal to the Speedometer. IMO it would not be work it.