PDA

View Full Version : A20a3 Dead!

2Fast_Fiero
08-29-2002, 09:49 AM
Well, I just let my brother take my car to work today, looks like I'll be towing it back home since what he says the engine is blown. This couldn't have happend at a worse time.

1988starter
08-29-2002, 10:02 AM
I tell you we are cursed

2Fast_Fiero
08-29-2002, 11:56 AM
Allright, I'm stuck with 2 decisions here.............

1. Use the car for a Parts Car or sell the car for a parts car and buy a new 3G.

2. Keep my 3G and buy a new motor or whatever is broken on it.

What do you all think I should do? Please Help

markmdz89hatch
08-29-2002, 12:00 PM
umm... i would think that the most sensible decision would be to find out what exactly is wrong with the car before you do anything else.

...but hey, maybe that's asking too much.....
j/k man, but seriously, take it easy, breath, now have it brought to a mechanic to take a look at and figure out what's up with it. Then report back to us with your findings, and we'll instruct you what to do with it.

2Fast_Fiero
08-29-2002, 12:28 PM
I am, I was just about to go pull the head off, until my mom got all pissy and said I had to clean the bathroom, then she just kicked me out.

GDGuy11B
08-29-2002, 02:07 PM
was your brother the one who blew it up?

2Fast_Fiero
08-29-2002, 02:27 PM
Yes
He took the car to work, then about 30 minutes later said he needed us to tow him back home cus the engine blew. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5476

shepherd79
08-29-2002, 03:02 PM
man if this is a curse than i am hate that shit.
oh well at least i have another accord for parts. so i can always take it a part.

2Fast_Fiero
08-29-2002, 05:14 PM
Looks like I might be selling my car for a parts car, or selling the parts. I was just talked out of finishing payments on this one, I was buying it from my brother, and he's the one that blew the engine, and yet they are trying to tell me I did it. So, I'm gonna sell it, and give him the rest of what I owe him, then keep the rest for the begining of my New 3G, I'm too in love with this car and it hurts me to do this, but I have to. I'm gonna be looking for a 1988-1989 LXi.

A20A1
08-29-2002, 06:00 PM
go go go! :D...

I'm going nuts not being able to hear my exhaust driving at night... or fell the funky bounce of my suspension.

1989 DX R
08-29-2002, 07:37 PM
Dude, that totally sucks. I know I would shit a brick if my car died.

Are you partin it out?

2Fast_Fiero
08-29-2002, 07:58 PM
No, alot of shit is happening, because I still owe 1700 on the car, and I've paid like 600 allready for it, but everyone in my household is blaming blowing the engine on me, and my brother still holds the title, so I'm gonna stop paying him, stop talking to him, and buy a 88-89 LXi and move. I'll still be here, I just wont have my 3G for a few months.

marc49
08-29-2002, 08:55 PM
If you weren't in the car when it blew, it aint your fault ;)

2Fast_Fiero
08-29-2002, 09:04 PM
Hopefully I can find a 87-89 LXi for under 2 grand. If I do talk to him, I'm gonna tell him to sell it to his friend who wants to pay him 2grand for his.

2Fast_Fiero
08-29-2002, 09:06 PM
Dude, it should seem like that, but he's blaming it on me cus I'm doing all sorts of stuff do it, I'm constantly keeping the intake clean, I put an exaust on it, I repaired the front end when he wrecked it, I allready had the head almost off just a minute ago, but I was convinced, he did it, its his fault, if anyone should be paying, its him, not me, now if he drops the price on the car, then maybe I'll keep paying. but if he don't, I'm gettin a new 3G

2Fast_Fiero
08-29-2002, 09:45 PM
$2300 is what me and my brother agreed on, he's not lowering the price even tho he blew the engine, I owe $1700, what should I do? Cus it just seems like I'm being fucked over severly right here, He expects me to suffer for the damages that he caused, He wants me to waste my time, and money I don't have to fix a car thats not going to last much longer, its got 216 thousand miles on it, and a blown head gasket, a $800 competition sound system which he wants the main amp out of it, and the 2 front speakers, and he has $1200 rims and tires on it, I bought and installed the exaust, did the interior, hooked the system up, cleaned the engine up inside and out, detailed the engine, did the guages and fixed the bent control arm that he bent into a V shape when he wrecked the car, also I fixed the dent that he put in the fender when he wanted to be a smart ass and drive in between the cones on the highway at 80mph, and I replaced the altinator when it went bad, and fixed the dent when the brakes stoped working and the car rolled into a trailer hitch in the rear, I've kept the car clean durring the whole time he owned it, he finaly bought a new truck and him and I discused about me buying the accord for 1500, then he gradualy raised the price. Tell me what I should do? finish paying him the 1700? or get my money back any way posible and buy a new car that has not been wrecked and has a working motor?

AZmike
08-29-2002, 11:14 PM
You've put so much time and money into this car I think you should spend at least a little time trying to fix it. Maybe you could convince your brother to subtract the cost of repairs if they're reasonable (just a head gasket or something minor like that). If it turns out that your engine needs a rebuild you may want to consider moving on unless you were considering a swap anyway. I think a stock LXi engine is about $600 us.

Something else you could mention is that if your brother subratcts the cost of another engine he'd still get $1100ish more than if he put this all on you and you left.

2Fast_Fiero
08-29-2002, 11:40 PM
Exactly, but right now, even tho I'm making payments on the car and within a month it will be in my name, he still see's it as his engine is blown, when it realy effects me, I cannot go find a job, I can't even get into town because of his fuck up, after I did a few things to this engine, I was concidering cleaning it up and selling the engine on ebay, or on here, then using the money I made on that, and some extra, and buy a new motor, something bigger, from a minimum of a B20A, to a F22A. But I wasn't concidering that for a while, atleast a year.

2Fast_Fiero
09-01-2002, 01:28 PM
Allright, It is almost official....I'm gonna be using my car for a parts car, I'm gonna be talking it over with my family, I'm gonna replace it with either an 88-89 LXi, Unless I can find a SE-i for a good price, Don't start asking for things just yet, I still need to talk it over with my family and then if things go right, then I'll be taking requests, I'm also gonna see if I can sell things on Ebay, like the major things. So, say goodbye to my '87 Accord LX-i:sadwave: