PDA

View Full Version : jap import

Lockey
05-06-2002, 09:03 PM
Hi I live in New Zealand and i have 3 honda accords my question is is an lxi accord an si in japan?

becaus i have an 2.0 injected (si)and a 2.0 carby(lx) and a 1.8(ef extra) carby and im trying to swap over bits to make two legal cars an 86si for myself and sell the other one and motor to recoupe costs

smufguy
05-07-2002, 05:29 AM
ef extra?? what is that?. well anyways, i am pretty sure the Si and the Lxi are not the same. Are you talking about the Se-i??? if u are, lx-i and the Se-i are pretty much the same except some special paint outside, bigger and wider tires, twin tip exhausts, bose audio system, leather seats, cup holders, and remote channel and volume control for the radio. nothing different in the engine both are 2.0 fuel injected. BUt, the one in japan, the Si ) i guess) has a B20 ( i guess) which had a 160 hp and digital guage cluster(i guess again:rolleyes: ) instead of our analogue ones. IF the engies are different like the Si has a B20, you got no problem with swapping that in your Lx-i cause the A20 and the B20 have the same engine mounts. despite my guesses, i hope i am right somehow :eek: . Good luck and hope you find your answers. :)

ACCORD EX
05-07-2002, 05:39 AM
check out this site !
http://www.honda.co.jp/HOT/ModelData/

just select accord in the drop down menu ! and then choose your year and it'll show the whoel set of japaneese models ( trims ) of this year ! the text will be in japanese ! so you can use altavista translation to translate the url you want
translation @ www.altavista.com

MIKE

ACCORD EX
05-07-2002, 05:50 AM
i had time so i checked for you and you can check it for your self as i told you before ! BTW The SI is the top of the 3rd gen in japan better than SEI it got 2.0 EFI B20

SI SPECS :
Item Specification
Type 2.0SI

Car name * type HONDA * E-CA3

Transmission 5 fast manuals
Lockup functional attaching honda matic 4th gear full automatic (overdrive ratio)
Total length (m) / full-width (m) / total height (m) 4.535/1.695/1.355

Wheel base (m) 2.6

Tread (m) before / the rear 1.48/1.475

Roadspace (m) 0.16

Vehicle weight (kg) 1,110

Sun roof equipped car 1,130

4 wheel anti lock brake (4wcA.l.b. Equipped car 1,120

Sun roof * 4wcA.l.b. Simultaneous equipped car 1,140

Riding in a car fixed capacity (name) 5

Size inside passenger compartment (m) length / width / height 1.915 / 1.425 / 1.115 (as for sun roof equipped car, 1.075)
Engine type B20A

Engine type Water cooling serial 4 cylinder horizontal ranging (unleaded gasoline use)

Combustion room type Roof shape

Valve gear DOHC belt driving inhalation 2 exhaust 2

Entire aerodynamic volume displacement (cm 3 ) 1,958

Inside diameter x distance (mm) 81.0×95.0

Compression ratio 9.4

Fuel feeder type Electronic fuel injection system (HONDA PGM-FI)

Fuel pump type Electromotive system

Fuel tank capacity (L) 60

Lube capacity (L) 5

Lubricating system Force system

Ignition device type Full * transistor system

The highest output (PS/rpm) 160/6,300

Largest torque (kg-m/rpm) 19.0/5,000

Fuel consumption rate (km/L) 10 mode travelling (Ministry of Transport inspection value) 12

Fuel consumption rate (km/L) 60km/h fixed area travelling (Ministry of Transport notification value) 20

Minimum turning radius (m) 5.2 (Body 5.6)

Braking braking distance (m) time of initial velocity 50km/h 13.5

Clutch type Dry veneer diaphragm
3 element 1 step 2 phase shapes (lockup clutch attaching)
Transmission type Regular gearing system

Transmission operation system Floor change system

Irregularity ratio 1st gear 3.166

Irregularity ratio 2nd gear 1.857

Irregularity ratio 3rd gear 1.259

Irregularity ratio 4th gear 0.967

Irregularity ratio 5 speed 0.794
-

Irregular ratio retreat 3.000

Deceleration ratio 4.066

Leader type Rack & pinion system (power-steering specification)

Tire (before / after) 185/70 HR13

Before / the rear the type type of the main brake Before: Ventilated disk (2 pot calibers) after: Before the disk skid control device attaching: Ventilated disk (2 pot calibers) after: Disk
Braking assistor Hydraulic vacuum boost system

Actuating unit and braking wheel 2 systematic systems: Front right 1 wheel - rear left 1 wheel / front left 1 wheel - the rear right 1 wheel

Braking effort control unit type Proportioning device (4wcA.l.b. As for the equipped car the skid control device you attach, (the proportioning device attach))
Suspension system (independent suspension) Before / after: ダブルウイッシュボーン system

Stabilizer type Before / after: Torsion bar system

----------------------------------------------------------------------

EF SPECS :

Item Specification
Type EF

Car name * type HONDA * E-CA1

Transmission 5 fast manuals
Lockup functional attaching honda matic 4th gear full automatic (overdrive ratio)
Total length (m) / full-width (m) / total height (m) 4.535/1.695/1.355

Wheel base (m) 2.6

Before / the rear the tread (m) 1.48/1.475

Roadspace (m) 0.16

Vehicle weight (kg) 1,020

Sun roof equipped car -
-

4 wheel anti lock brake (4wcA.l.b. Equipped car -
-

Sun roof * 4wcA.l.b. Simultaneous equipped car -
-

Riding in a car fixed capacity (name) 5

Size (m) length inside passenger compartment / width / height 1.915 / 1.425 / 1.115 (as for sun roof equipped car, 1.075)
Engine type A18A

Engine type Water cooling serial 4 cylinder horizontal ranging (unleaded gasoline use)

Combustion room type Roof shape

Valve gear SOHC belt driving inhalation 2 exhaust 1

Entire aerodynamic volume displacement (cm 3 ) 1,829

Inside diameter x distance (mm) 80.0×91.0

Compression ratio 9.0

Fuel feeder type Carburetor system

Fuel pump type Electromotive system

Fuel tank capacity (L) 60

Lube capacity (L) 4

Lubricating system Force system

Ignition device type Full * transistor system

The highest output (PS/rpm) 110/5,800

Largest torque (kg-m/rpm) 15.2/3,500

Fuel consumption rate (km/L) 10 mode travelling (Ministry of Transport inspection value) 13.0

Fuel consumption rate (km/L) 60km/h fixed area travelling (Ministry of Transport notification value) 24.5

Minimum turning radius (m) 5.2 (Body 5.6)

Time of braking braking distance (m) initial velocity 50km/h 13.5

Clutch type Dry veneer diaphragm
3 element 1 step 2 phase shapes (lockup clutch attaching)
Transmission type Regular gearing system

Transmission operation system Floor change system

Irregularity ratio 1st gear 3.181

Irregularity ratio 2nd gear 1.842

Irregularity ratio 3rd gear 1.208

Irregularity ratio 4th gear 0.878

Irregularity ratio 5 speed 0.694
-

Irregular ratio retreat 3.000

Deceleration ratio 4.066

Leader type Rack & pinion system (power-steering specification)

Tire (before / after) 165 SR13

Before / the rear the type type of the main brake Before: After the disk: Leading trailing (lining automatic adjustment mechanism attaching)
Braking assistor Hydraulic vacuum boost system

Actuating unit and braking wheel 2 systematic systems: Front right 1 wheel - rear left 1 wheel / front left 1 wheel - the rear right 1 wheel

Braking effort control unit type Proportioning device (4wcA.l.b. As for the equipped car the skid control device to attach, (the proportioning device attach))
Suspension system (independent suspension) Before / after: ダブルウイッシュボーン system

Stabilizer type Before: Torsion bar system

sorry for the long post ! :D

SI is the best the LXI then EF !

MIKE

smufguy
05-07-2002, 11:33 AM
the pic for the 89 accord in japan sooooo dont look like the 89 for us. is that a pic a mistake or they were just stingies who did not wanna send us their new designs? and what the heck is 1989.4, 1989.9. man.......... these ppl suck:rant: :flipa: up their noses :lol . just kidding. :cool:

Lockey
05-07-2002, 12:07 PM
YEAH THE 86 SI IS LIKE YOUR ONES IT HAS 4 SPEED AUTO SUNROOF ALB(I THINK) AND CRUISE CONTROL A/C AND ALL THAT BUT A BROWN INTERIOR :( ...IF THE FUSES R IN FOR THE ALB AND THE LIGHT COMES ON AND STAYS ON WHEN YOU SWITH CAR TO ON DOES THAT MEAN IT HAS ALB?

THE 89'S OVER HERE ARE A CHANGE OVER YEAR SO EARLY 89 IS 3G SHAPE BUT NEWER ONES ARE SLIGHTLY ROUNDER :)

ACCORD EX
05-07-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
the pic for the 89 accord in japan sooooo dont look like the 89 for us. is that a pic a mistake or they were just stingies who did not wanna send us their new designs? and what the heck is 1989.4, 1989.9. man.......... these ppl suck:rant: :flipa: up their noses :lol . just kidding. :cool:

you are so made about the design ! what about the damn B20 ! why did they send us the design of the A20 ! ?? :D :D

MIKE

smufguy
05-07-2002, 08:02 PM
they gave us a freaking no good carb too. that died like a million times these years after like what 14 or 15 yrs? damn those freaking carbs and like my mechanic said honda's have a horrible cooling system (AC i mean) the compressor always freaks up and the drive belt cuts off :mad: :mad: :mad: . u know what, i am glad that there are soo many ppl who dont know how to drive a 3g. i have parts for em in the junk. hehehe, well its not that funny. :p

Lockey
05-08-2002, 12:11 PM
i think the b20 is quite common over here..are there a lot of performance parts(bolt on) for these engines or do u just do all the basic mods to them?

and whats the average price for a ZEX kit for an accord?
becasue we dont even have zex over here and nos is very expensive..the jap cars are cheap though :> sept we drive on the wrong side ;>

smufguy
05-08-2002, 04:42 PM
dotn worry man, i came from a place where ppl drive on the wrong side too (india). well, we either make or own basic mods or find performance ones. Well, the B20 is fraggin non-existant here. u gotta look out for it. i am not sure of the zex kits, but the xenon is like 900 US dollars. probably zex is kinda cheaper than that. But personally, i wont spend that much money into a body kit when i can put a lil more and make my car go reallly fast. NOS here is like 400 dollars and comes as a kit and u have everything in it. and if u really need something for that, u got parts that are of decent price too.

Jerren
05-08-2002, 07:27 PM
jap is such a bad word. you could have just went ahead and said japanese. i'm sure you didn't mean any thing by it, but i just wanted you to know that it sounds really bad.

smufguy
05-08-2002, 07:34 PM
:confused: :huh: :eek:

Lockey
05-08-2002, 09:28 PM
nah i didn't mean anything by it i used to study japanese in school :)

but over in nz its what we call the cars "jappers"