PDA

View Full Version : my switches keep getting stuck

A18A
09-13-2006, 08:38 PM
i dunno about your cars but my cruise control switch and fog light switch keep getting stuck in the on poisition :( and it takes a good bash to get it in the off position, kinda stupid switches. do any of your switches do this?

im gunna pull it apart and try fix it :-/ if ya want me to make a how-to i might aswell.

and outta randomness, how do you use cruise control?

Pico
09-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Maybe dirt build up in the switch:thumbdn: you can try blowing compressed air thru it to see if that helps :D
As far as the cruise control your kidding right...

Crazybird
09-13-2006, 08:50 PM
lol umm my cruise button is always on so i only have to press set and it works...

and if u wanna know how to use crusie go faster then 50km/h then press the set button lol and it should work

then to cancel just tap the break and if u want to resume where u were just get up to 50 and press resume and it will gradually get back to the speed u left off

u can also increase and decrease ur speed with the buttons it kinda fun trying to drive like that on a twisty road lol

as in drive with ur knees :P

A18A
09-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Maybe dirt build up in the switch:thumbdn: you can try blowing compressed air thru it to see if that helps :D
As far as the cruise control your kidding right...
only rich people have compressed air, and walking up to the petrol station and using their tyre pumps to blow air is not a option.

well at least i didnt think that u press cruise control and go to sleep and let the car do the driving :P mine obviously dont work :S

MessyHonda
09-13-2006, 09:35 PM
take them apart and clean them. i did it with the foglight switch that would not lock and something was bent inside and i fixed it

A18A
09-13-2006, 09:40 PM
ill take ya advice tonight :)

AccordEpicenter
09-13-2006, 10:10 PM
take them apart very carefully and clean them. Remove the circuit board by unscrewing the little screws in the back of them and then wash them out and dry them, test, and reassemble

DBMaster
09-14-2006, 06:01 AM
I had a problem with sticking stereo buttons on the 99 Oasis. The stupid cupholders are right in front of the stereo and the previous owners let some soft drink slop onto the stereo controls. Only way to get rid of it is with distilled or R/O water and let it dry completely before trying to use it.