PDA

View Full Version : Is It Possible...

azazel_18_2
09-14-2006, 11:23 AM
I have been having a headlight issue with my accord for over a year now. The headlights go up and down up and down. I replaced the relays, the headlight controller module, and the combination switch asy. The other day I was playing with it and noriced something. If I pull the passenger side fuse my drivers side headlight works perfectly. When I put the passengers side fuse back in they both go crazy. If I remover the drivers side fuse the passenger side still goes nuts. I am wondering if it is possible that the motor has a short in it and it is causing both to go nuts? I have checked the wiring and everything checks out. I NEED HELP.

detroit313
09-14-2006, 11:30 AM
you have a short in the plugs that pop into the headlights....one or both!
the wiring might be exposed. i found this out the hard way with my car and the fuckin wires fused together.
i had to run a toggle switch off the batery to get them to work. check that first.............

MessyHonda
09-14-2006, 11:43 AM
my car was rear ended and it pushed it and it hit the car upfront...so my lights got mest up.....the insuranced payed for the replacement but they never worked perfect...one day i just took it apart to check them out and the wires were geting sriped down from the open and closeing of the light...i had to recrimp some new wires and put it the way it was ment to go. now they work fine...check the wires to the motors also

azazel_18_2
09-14-2006, 01:35 PM
I already checked the wiring. The wires were all intact with no wire showing. I broke out my volt meter and it also showed no breaks or shorts in my wiring. I will check where the wires enter the motors but I think I may have checked that before. I don't know. I am just SOOOOOO tired of my pop ups not working.:rant:

'89AccordLX(Rus)
09-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Unplug the motor on the passenger side while the fuse is still in place. If that stops the issue, your motor might be toast.

azazel_18_2
09-15-2006, 06:42 AM
will do. hopefully this will put an end to my suffering.