PDA

View Full Version : overheating and fuse blowing.....

88' Accord Ltd
08-29-2002, 03:03 PM
alright, i have a little bit of a problem here, my power window fuse for my driver side window under the hood keeps blowing after i take my finger off the switch, i replaced it 3 times and it blew 3 times. Also after that fuse blew the cooling fans for my engine just quit and the temp gauge just went nearly to red. i have no clue as to what the problem coud be. i already checked ALL fan fuses and they all are fine. Any ideas?

mzabeefy
08-29-2002, 04:49 PM
try checking the condition of the wires that deal with your cooling fans and power windows. i had the same problem with my cooling fans, the fuse kept on blowing, until i noticed that the two wires that lead to it were melted together.

88' Accord Ltd
08-29-2002, 04:52 PM
maybe, ill have to check it out later on, i mean ive changed the fuse sooo many times already(to roll down my window:)) and before it would let the fan run then like 3 seconds later it would blow but now all i have to do is turn the key and its blown. but thanks for the idea i'll look into that.

88' Accord Ltd
08-29-2002, 07:19 PM
well i just figured it out, the guy who owned the car before me had the fan jumpered so it would be on all the time, and he had no relay. So after i got the relay, checked my connections to the fan itself and warmed the car up, the fan did come on and no fuses blew!