PDA

View Full Version : prelude rear wheel suspension

buttaz1
09-15-2006, 09:12 AM
ok i hoe i dont get flamed for this but back in the day i remember seein a prelude that had rear wheels that turned with the front wheel for example the front wheel turns left rear wheels turn left. ok so i was wondering if this is evern remotely possiable or worth doing with an accord?

Listen2myBASS
09-15-2006, 09:15 AM
its called 4 wheel steering, and its possible, just might take some money and time, and...oh yeah, money...

and u mean when the front wheels turn left, the rear wheels turn right

buttaz1
09-15-2006, 09:25 AM
oyea that right lol :banghead: ok so nnow this is the question is it even worth it ? like i hard you can park faster but lets say im looking at 3 gran worth of work? im not going to pay three gran for a advance parking sys:)

ChaseR
09-15-2006, 12:01 PM
I read somewhere that in 1988 The 4WS Lude had an equal Nurburgring lap time as a ferrari.. It wouls substantially increase the handling of the car.

Listen2myBASS
09-15-2006, 12:21 PM
dam @ the ferrari post...it would greatly improve steering/handling, but then again if its gonna be $3,000, u still have to add the suspension work like struts, springs and what-not...it's all up to u...

FyreDaug
09-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Its not just gonna make you park faster. LAWL. It improves the handling of the car by positioning the rear wheels to angle into the turn instead of having them trail

guaynabo89
09-15-2006, 01:39 PM
you would need the front steering rack along with the a shaft that connects to the rear rack and on top of that you would need the complete rear suspension.

plus youll probably have the work the floorpan of the car to fit all these components

possible yes but you can buy a prelude for less money and turbo the b20 that comes with it.

L3G10N
09-15-2006, 06:45 PM
you would need the front steering rack along with the a shaft that connects to the rear rack and on top of that you would need the complete rear suspension.
plus youll probably have the work the floorpan of the car to fit all these components
possible yes but you can buy a prelude for less money and turbo the b20 that comes with it.

well it's more than this. I have a 88 lude. The rear part are TOTALLY different from an Accord.

buttaz1
09-15-2006, 07:21 PM
aww shoucks i guess i should just save my pretty panies for the lud then but i just wanted it cuz it looks like a accord ppl would think its slow but lemme let the shit fly i think ill have a big grin at the end

MessyHonda
09-15-2006, 08:07 PM
welll if you dump alot of money into suspension it would outhandle the lude...so far i have dumped close to 900 bucks....also tires and rims make the car handle since its the only parts touching the ground.

buttaz1
09-15-2006, 08:16 PM
ight so with all this stated what wouls you guys advice me to do save my money and get a lud or do that suspension? and this is what is stoping me i dont live in a city that is bigg i live in the boomdocks with yes ghetto folks i dont live in nyc any more so what im getting at is that therer isnt a suspension shop out here and i dont know the first thing to do with suspension hell to do wuth cars so what should i do ? or better yet what would you do in my situation?

MessyHonda
09-15-2006, 08:21 PM
ight so with all this stated what wouls you guys advice me to do save my money and get a lud or do that suspension? and this is what is stoping me i dont live in a city that is bigg i live in the boomdocks with yes ghetto folks i dont live in nyc any more so what im getting at is that therer isnt a suspension shop out here and i dont know the first thing to do with suspension hell to do wuth cars so what should i do ? or better yet what would you do in my situation?

first look at the car....is it worth it to dump alot of money.....if its a rust bucket maybe not. also you can get suspension parts online and it could be changed if you have a parts store that have a lend a tool program...like spring compressor...ball joint seperator. most of the stuff is on ebay. you should start reading the stickys on top of the suspension section.

buttaz1
09-15-2006, 08:32 PM
ok ill take make sure i do that then. umm i dont think my car is a rust bucket it has one rust spot on the fenderbuy that should easily be fixed right? i dont see rust any where else the car has been kept in good shape. the reason why im so reloctent is because first i was told it ganna be alot of cash money and secound i dont realy know what to take off the donar car or what parts to take off. you know?

guaynabo89
09-16-2006, 08:29 AM
well it's more than this. I have a 88 lude. The rear part are TOTALLY different from an Accord.

Yeah I know . Thats why i said rework the floorpan. because you would need the whole rear subframe to bolt up to the accord. I was just being general but it is a very involved system just like the old civic minivan type car with AWD very involved compared to regular suspension setups.

if you are worried about where to buy....online is usually the best bet which you have access to so you are good to go.

buttaz1
09-16-2006, 09:22 AM
ok couldnt i just cut my chassis and integrate the rear part of the lude to it? like i have seen this done before then all i would have to do is extend all the lude stuff and i think i should be good right? correct me if im wrong the prelude is wider then the accord right? so i would have to cut and weld the lude chassis to be more narrow?

L3G10N
09-16-2006, 03:09 PM
woah...... soooooooooo much work for sweet nothing........

snoopyloopy
09-20-2006, 04:42 PM
if you want an accord with 4ws, just source a jdm 4g that has it. they look reasonably close to our cars and it'd probably be much safer being from the factory than having you do it yourself. not to mention the time and pain you saved yourself.

buttaz1
09-20-2006, 05:43 PM
ok so for me to do this would i have to import the car? or find one? where can i find scematics how ever you spell it on how to do this?

reanimator420
09-20-2006, 05:55 PM
well people there is a how to at prelude power.com on this. you should read it and observe b/c its not too hard. it can be done and would be tha shiza.