PDA

View Full Version : alpine type x

buttaz1
09-16-2006, 07:48 AM
ok so im new to this audio scene but i was looking at sum alpine type x speakers. these things can hand a maximum of 3000 watts but a continus is only 1000 watts. i was wondering if these speakers are any good? cause for 500 they should more then good the need to be great

mkymonkey
09-16-2006, 10:04 AM
...actually they would pound the rust out of a 3g lol. my buddy has two in his m3 and it makes your nose feel like its going to fall off. your hair shakes and everything! ill tell you what, sitting in the back seat of his car has resulted in me getting the best massage in my life...plus i went deaf for a while :). he's powering them with the alpine 1001 amp, which is 1000 watts rms...so they make a perfect couple.

in other words...yes they're worth the 500 bucks :rockon:

but unless you are going into comp...i wouldnt buy them otherwise. a good w6 or w7 would do just fine. i have a w6 in my 01 civic and it works great...its just as loud but it doesnt pound as hard. :D

buttaz1
09-16-2006, 10:22 AM
dude i saw them brand new looking in the box on ebay for like two hunet (200)
once i fix my car i am deff gettin these thats what i want a sound like that i realy want it for bass or should i just go both voice and bass? anyway umm i read that when the low freq getts up to like 70 hrz they start to lose the bass so now this is what imma do ill get front speakes to cover that lost after 70 hrz
so anyway i have a master plan for a box :bong: what ever im on its working lol but serious you know how there cd decks that the face folds downat like a angle for you to insert the disk? well im thinking of doing that with a speaker box so i can have a ported and seal box at the same box. this is only possiable if i can still make it air tight while it closed (sealed) and when it open (ported) i was told that was the stupidest idea but i think i can make it work?

Listen2myBASS
09-16-2006, 10:31 AM
well im thinking of doing that with a speaker box so i can have a ported and seal box at the same box. this is only possiable if i can still make it air tight while it closed (sealed) and when it open (ported) i was told that was the stupidest idea but i think i can make it work?

thats the dumbest idea ive ever heard...u have a ported or sealed enclosure for a reason...ur gonna have 2 completely different sounds coming from your trunk...but thats just my opinion, its ur trunk...and $200 new? there either stolen or u havent looked at the $hipping yet...

buttaz1
09-16-2006, 10:40 AM
thats the whole perpous because you hear diff music and it sound differnt from box to box. so if i did my idea then technicaly when i make the box open then i should be able to in theroy have a ported box when i want to and a sealed box
when i wanna

and when i say flip the speakers arent moving bacicaly imma make it open the ports and close in theroy this should change the sound? only thing is i have to figure out a way to make it work and sound good

Listen2myBASS
09-16-2006, 10:42 AM
im glad this is all in theory

buttaz1
09-16-2006, 10:48 AM
lol smart ass

ghettogeddy
09-16-2006, 10:52 AM
personaly the type r's sound badass and im with him for 200 they have to be stolin or f'ed up of or to much to ship

Listen2myBASS
09-16-2006, 10:56 AM
lol smart ass

lol, sorry if i come off that way...i don't mean to bash you...

buttaz1
09-16-2006, 11:03 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-SWX-1242D-TYPE-X-12-3000W-CAR-SUB-SUBWOOFER_W0QQitemZ270028949741QQihZ017QQcategoryZ 18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
that is for one but i dont know shipp says 30 dollars for ship and yea lets say i got one now for that price and just get one and then later get the otha one i want to build slow im thinking of doing a amp per sub i am kinda scared that i will burn my alt so should i get mad power capps or caps with large volume
i dont know im such a newbe

ghettogeddy
09-16-2006, 11:13 AM
biger alt cheak out the search buttun for legend alt its like 100 amp instead of 65
but it looks ligit hell the shiping for me would have been 75 but oh well

and u will only need one trust me unless ur going overboard

one in a slot ported box would pound supper hard

Listen2myBASS
09-16-2006, 11:14 AM
bigger alternator+yellow cap optima battery+Capacitor...say about 6 farads...well, just say 1 farad for every 1,000 watts ur gonna push...

Listen2myBASS
09-16-2006, 11:15 AM
bigger alternator+yellow cap optima battery+Capacitor...say about 6 farads...well, just say 1 farad for every 1,000 watts ur gonna push...
and dude that sub is USED..."Cosmetically there may be a few light scuff marks on the basket from being moved aroung, but nothing major and overall Excellent condition. The sub in the picture is the one you will receive."

sorry for the double post, didnt even notice...

ghettogeddy
09-16-2006, 11:19 AM
and dude that sub is USED..."Cosmetically there may be a few light scuff marks on the basket from being moved aroung, but nothing major and overall Excellent condition. The sub in the picture is the one you will receive."
sorry for the double post, didnt even notice...
i wouldent use a cap id use a bat cap there 100 fered and only like 250 bucks so well worth it and i bought my type r 10 in used condition from bestbuy and i still paid 170 for it

Listen2myBASS
09-16-2006, 11:21 AM
i wouldent use a cap id use a bat cap there 100 fered and only like 250 bucks so well worth it and i bought my type r 10 in used condition from bestbuy and i still paid 170 for it

ive never used a battery cap., they work better than a normal capacitor? and 170$ for a 10" type-r? that price aint right even if it was new...ouch

ghettogeddy
09-16-2006, 11:39 AM
no there 200 new and yes the batcaps are better

ok so there 188 new at bestbuy maybe a paid 130 for it i cant remeber hell i dont even have it any more the damn guy that stole my car took it as a door prize lol atleast i got my car back

Listen2myBASS
09-16-2006, 11:42 AM
thats too much imo...my 1400 watt audiobahn was 90$+ like 20$ shipping...but u buy the name when u purchase alpine gear...there known for quality and ill be damned if they arent one of the best in the game...i love there component speakers, there 6x9's are pure sex...:bong:

ghettogeddy
09-16-2006, 11:44 AM
well i had the money so i did it next time im gona go with a 8" somethign prolly a kicker L7

Listen2myBASS
09-16-2006, 11:47 AM
:thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: just like sedans dont dserve to go fast, 8's dont deserve to be subwoofers...:thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn:

ghettogeddy
09-16-2006, 12:03 PM
well they will hit hard anyday over a 10 or a 12 and u can agreu me till u turn blue but i know i right, and if u dont belive me do some research and im not kidding

just like sedans dont dserve to go fast, 8's dont deserve to be subwoofers... and not to be an ass but 90% of cars on this site are sedans

Listen2myBASS
09-16-2006, 12:08 PM
well they will hit hard anyday over a 10 or a 12 and u can agreu me till u turn blue but i know i right, and if u dont belive me do some research and im not kidding

and not to be an ass but 90% of cars on this site are sedans

well i just think 8's are gay, and sedans are too...i know almost ALL 3gee accords are sedans...
and all evos and wrx's...

MessyHonda
09-17-2006, 07:00 AM
well i just think 8's are gay, and sedans are too...i know almost ALL 3gee accords are sedans...
and all evos and wrx's...

lol better watch it since i have 2 sedan.....anyways about the subs....my friend had 2 12 Alpine type R subs in a ported box....i hooked them up to my 1800 watt amp and thoes thing were hiting so hard that my friends mom came outside and said that a picture frame fell off the wall...and we were like 20 feet away

buttaz1
09-17-2006, 05:12 PM
ok so i went to circut city today and i saw a sys i am going with eclipse sys im looking at almost 2 gran for 2 amps and the 6x9 and 6 1/2 componates and 2 subs they come with a box the only thing is that it is sealed so i was thinking if it was ported then i can get a better sound so here is the game plann get the sys and build a ported box it should sound louder. anyway the guy told me that eclips is one of the best sys on the market

ghettogeddy
09-17-2006, 05:14 PM
eclipse is great but i can make your car sound so much better for have that price trust me no place liek circut city is gona give u the best system for the money try some of your local shops before do some more reaser going for show there a little easyer to get as a sponser

buttaz1
09-17-2006, 07:19 PM
grrrrr i hate money why cant things be free? anyway ghetto i pmed you buddy
anyway i think i might be gettin a new car there is a jetta gt 5 speed manual for like 2800 i like it but the price is crazy and then there is a 88 or 86 corrola its a hatch back or something i dont know i like real wheel drive so. i just dont know what to do with this honda. i ve grown to love it but it needs a trans and im tired of looking for one