PDA

View Full Version : how much torque can the axles/tranny handle?

newaccorddriver
09-16-2006, 02:38 PM
like the topic says. i know axles can snap pretty easily, but what portion atually snaps? and how much torque can the axles and tranny handle before they break?

the guy with the 9 second A-series engine broke quite a few of them, but i wont be running his kind of numbers, but they gotta be able to stand up to something if he ran alot of 1/4 mile passes

86AccordLxi
09-16-2006, 03:51 PM
He was running a b series tranny though so I think his axles may have been different.

Alex

A20A1
09-16-2006, 04:45 PM
before he made the adapter for the b series though... thats what I think he means.

newaccorddriver
09-16-2006, 11:42 PM
before he made the adapter for the b series though... thats what I think he means.

ya, i dont plan to run a B series tranny anytime soon, nor do i want to go through all the hassle. id just like to know how much torque the stock axles and tranny would handle before they break.

MessyHonda
09-17-2006, 07:30 AM
only one way to find out....test it....i dont think they would break that fast they would have to be worn down till something fails.

newaccorddriver
09-17-2006, 08:36 AM
im planning on running 200+ torque, so i can expect it to break apart a few times per season, but i wanna know how the guy with the B series tranny got axles for it...