PDA

View Full Version : drivers side window

dnk1999
09-17-2006, 11:25 AM
I have an 88 sedan lx and i am having a problem with the window going up . The motor works and everything, it seems as if it is off track. My Question is what can be wrong..... also is the rear channel supposed to be curved a little bit???????if it isnt then thats my problem. Any suggestion please fill me in.
thanx in advance

88Accord-DX
09-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Might need to take the door panel off & see what is actually going on. Sometimes the window regulator gets loose & binds up. Spray some white lithuim grease in the rubber tracks the window slides up. Other than that, take the door panel off & check it out.

I've seen some GM window motors that go up a little then quit. Sometimes you drill the rivets out the window regualtor & replace the window motor.

dnk1999
09-17-2006, 08:43 PM
well thanx for the input but i have taken the door panel off and what seems to happen is the two bolts that you can adjust, the one closest to the door hinge slips a little. I have tightend it down several times and it still slips. Also the motor on the window is strong but it wont stay on track . It goes up three fourths of the way before it jumps off track..... Suggestions?

A18A
09-17-2006, 10:46 PM
mine has the same problem, mine goes most of the way up and just slips, the motor keeps spinning but window goes no were, i gotta pull the window up by hand :(

jayton
09-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Here's the suggestion:

Replace the window regulator. You can get them anywhere. I've seen them on eBay, cars in the junk yard, people parting cars out on this message board and craigslist, etc.

Shouldn't cost you too much.