PDA

View Full Version : Help???

puddleofRice
08-29-2002, 07:31 PM
First off is there any way to check engine codes(i.e., ecu codes for check engine light) my check engine light came on tonight while driving but after I got home and shut off the car then restarted it there was nocheck engine light, anyone had similar probs?
2nd- my car has been having starting probs the past few weeks, it is not every time you start it just every once in a while. When I crank it up it will start and then shut right back off, then you try to start it again and the motor will just spin and spin but not fire over, then after trying a few times it will start up again and be fine for the next 20 or so starts.
Any idea's?
hope someone can give me some pointers on this, thanks

1988starter
08-29-2002, 08:27 PM
you can check the ECU by looking under the back of the drivers seat their is a little hatch remove it and then you can cound how many times the LED blinks then compair it to the numbers in the FAQ section.

McNick
08-29-2002, 10:27 PM
2 puddleofRice
Yes. I have exactly same prob.
Some time, during 1year, when my checkEngine coming red (~2 times per month), I just shut off and restart eng.
But it's not a solution! And I also have no ideas how to stop this random check-lighting.

McNick
09-01-2002, 09:52 PM
Well... Yesterday my "check eng." become to red again!
I've stop the car and _don't_stop_ the engine,
look to ECU's LED... and saw the blinking...
Is that real code? Or engine restarting is required?

anchovies
09-01-2002, 09:52 PM
That's the code.
Read the number of times it blinks, then check the FAQ.
Good luck

anchovies
09-01-2002, 09:53 PM
Oh, the code will still be there even after the car is restarted. That is if there are no other problems with the ECU.