PDA

View Full Version : the civic problem we all have

bakedboarder34
09-19-2006, 07:35 AM
now i realize that we all love smashing on civics and we seem to be a tad curious as to why sometimes. it occured to me a while back that i had known a bit of information that would shock many of you. THEY ARE ECONOMY CARS! they didnt really become hondas sporty model till the mid to late 90's, this is further proven by the civic HX i think, which got a whopping 50ish miles to the galon with a totally combustion engine.
The other aspect that makes this also less of a curiosity is that honda accords are just back washed preludes, like we have the same engine the prelude generation had before us, and it continues like this until the prelude was discontinued in its 5th or 6th generation, so we have a sports engine in our cars, giving us the ability to destroy those stock or with fart can civics.
The reason like many have said that people like civics is because of the aftermarket support, thats why everyone races them. and frankly why we are better than they are, cus we moving outside the box. but the bottom of the line is civics are slow economy cars, at least the ones we see most commonly, and we have prelude engines in our cars essentially, i know because we talk about it all the time on this site. so yeah, there you have it, the answer to why we dip on civics

A18A
09-19-2006, 07:59 AM
i thought civics and accords were economy cars and the lude was suposed to be the sporty one even though the ludes and accords had the same engine. maybe the accord was a economical car with balls? idk. im thirsty

gfrg88
09-19-2006, 08:31 AM
now i realize that we all love smashing on civics and we seem to be a tad curious as to why sometimes. it occured to me a while back that i had known a bit of information that would shock many of you. THEY ARE ECONOMY CARS! they didnt really become hondas sporty model till the mid to late 90's, this is further proven by the civic HX i think, which got a whopping 50ish miles to the galon with a totally combustion engine.
The other aspect that makes this also less of a curiosity is that honda accords are just back washed preludes, like we have the same engine the prelude generation had before us, and it continues like this until the prelude was discontinued in its 5th or 6th generation, so we have a sports engine in our cars, giving us the ability to destroy those stock or with fart can civics.
The reason like many have said that people like civics is because of the aftermarket support, thats why everyone races them. and frankly why we are better than they are, cus we moving outside the box. but the bottom of the line is civics are slow economy cars, at least the ones we see most commonly, and we have prelude engines in our cars essentially, i know because we talk about it all the time on this site. so yeah, there you have it, the answer to why we dip on civics

i think the only honda "sports" car was the nsx. no prelude, no accord, no civic. they are all economy cars. a stock accord is the same as a stock civic, maybe even a little slower than the civic. honestly, i hear civics with i/h/e running 16s all the time. i have all that and a little more and so far my best run was barely a 16.4. the reason. civics are lighter. another thing you guys always forget is that the driver of the car plays a big role too. i dont know why you guys like hondas but you dont like civics. oh well, i have to go school now. peace.

Selfmindead
09-19-2006, 01:27 PM
My civic was an EF siR & did 14.5 on the factory engine with I/H/E im pretty confident it would beat most NA accords even when it was stock. I love civics & always will, I also love 3gs but I dont compare the two.

ChaseR
09-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Well, I wouldn't call the Si Trim level an "economy" engine, The K20z3 thats in the 07 Civic Si that I just bought is High Performance engine. Which will smoke any Accord. Afterall "Si" means Sport Injected, and for the Euro's and Japs Type R is certainly not an economy Trim level.

87lxiaccord
09-19-2006, 01:59 PM
the early 1990 and pre 1990 models were catagorized as:
civics= economy for daily drivers going to work
accords= family sedan sits 5 adults comfortably with lots of trunkspace
preludes= sporty coupe for single men or old guys or single women
lol i don't know what to call the accord hatchbacks and coupes though

Listen2myBASS
09-19-2006, 02:00 PM
the reason they were economy cars was because they had SEDAN models, prelude never had a sedan model, just coupes, and all the Si level trim cars are also coupes or hatchbacks...

ChaseR
09-19-2006, 02:06 PM
the reason they were economy cars was because they had SEDAN models, prelude never had a sedan model, just coupes, and all the Si level trim cars are also coupes or hatchbacks...

Correction, There is a Sedan Si Trim level for 2007+ Civic's.

Listen2myBASS
09-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Correction, There is a Sedan Si Trim level for 2007+ Civic's.

thats what we call evolution, lol, then maybe im mistaken, or maybe honda is starting to make sedan sport models...

ChaseR
09-19-2006, 02:28 PM
yes its true apparently there is demand for it. It wont be availiable until December though, I was thinking about getting that but I really wanted the 2 door Si!

AccordEpicenter
09-19-2006, 02:40 PM
the si wasnt designed to be a sports car but it is designed to be a rather fun sporty coupe. THe engine is very nice but you have to wind it right to the limit, under 6500 its sooooo dead. The suspension is excellent in that car for being stock, especially for a 20k car.

EX-ileAccord
09-19-2006, 02:47 PM
My womans parents just bought a brand new civic coupe, Its auto and very very gutless I'm sorry to say

89ACCORD-LXI
09-20-2006, 05:40 AM
i know the civic hx had some balls to it....my neighbor had one and it was quick with nothing but exhaust...

AccordEpicenter
09-20-2006, 08:11 AM
lol, a fast hx

mkymonkey
09-20-2006, 08:22 AM
why do we always talk about this!!?!?!? just stfu and go work on your old as fuck accord and try to beat them...damn

Xtreemjedi
09-20-2006, 10:25 AM
They need to make, like, a RWD Accord GT-TYPE-R. I would go into debt for that.

B16KILLA
09-20-2006, 11:49 AM
why do we always talk about this!!?!?!? just stfu and go work on your old as fuck accord and try to beat them...damn

:stupid: GET TO WORK!

gfrg88
09-20-2006, 01:26 PM
:stupid: GET TO WORK!

:stupid: x2

lostforawhile
09-20-2006, 01:57 PM
i thought civics and accords were economy cars and the lude was suposed to be the sporty one even though the ludes and accords had the same engine. maybe the accord was a economical car with balls? idk. im thirsty
remember the 86 accord was the first front wheel drive car sold in the united states with a double wishbone suspension on all four corners too. on top of that it had the bigger engine with the 2 litre. a lot of people don't realize how well this car will handle because they have let the suspension get ragged out.remember the accord started life as a hatchback and the coupe and sedan came later. why they killed the hatchback I'll never know,but they sure copied it in the first integra. a lot of people also don't realize that even hondas smallest coupes the 600 were extensivly raced and rallied in europe. the accords were also raced overseas. especially the early seventies ones. somewhere on here i have pictures of the honda 600 running head to head with the original mini cooper. all hondas were designed to be sporty cars from the beginning.

lostforawhile
09-20-2006, 02:16 PM
remember too that the three gee accord was designed as a sports car in japan,but due to restrictive fuel economy regulations and emisions in the eighties, we got the bs-a20 series. I had a friend in Ohio who went through a lot of red tape to have a JDM three g impoted from japan,with the b20 the digital dash,the big brakes etc. it was a beast. this was when they were new.

gp02a0083
09-20-2006, 08:58 PM
ok enough with the civics , i jsut went downstairs and kicked my sisters POS we picked up a 92 EX for $250 only 3 things im envious about it is that tis got v-tec , rear disks and aftermarket support , so heres to u civic :gun:

*goes downstairs and kicks the dented up POS again* :rockon: