PDA

View Full Version : motor mounts, wheel bearings??

Dutchboy
05-06-2002, 09:34 PM
Anybody have a problem with motor mounts???
If so whats a good replacement for them.?

Also i got to change the front wheel bearings.. Has anyone done this? I think thats why the brakes are crap...all brakes are in good condition...but it takes a few pumps to set them right...and theres a wiggle in the front wheels..going to try this and see what happens...

Anyone reccomend a good manual??? chilton, haynes, ??????
need something that actaually helps.

A20A3Power
05-06-2002, 10:10 PM
if ur front brakes are wiggling...then ur rotors are warped....u can either get them cut or get new ones...changing wheel bearing isnt hard....u just have to take it to a shop to get it done...cuse they have to be pressed out

ACCORD EX
05-07-2002, 05:14 AM
about the bearings ! the haynes won't help believe me !
the worst thing when i was getting the damn hub out was to get off the the tie rod end a lower and upper ball joint ! i used a big hammer for that ! :D about the bearing it self forget getting it out your self you 'll have to take the hub to a shop to be pressed out ! but man ! you''ll enjoy a really smooth ride !!

any questions on bearings , just ask !
:)

MIKE

Dutchboy
05-07-2002, 10:25 PM
Well thanks for the info....
My brakes actually dont shake or anyhting there fine..well the pedal is real spongy and takes a bunch of pumps to work better but not totally right...
Is there anything else that could contribute to them not working proper???? other than air in the lines ...

My front end doesnt squel or anything while driving ..Wouldnt the bearings make a sound if they were shot????

If i dont get it fixd myself..next week ill have to get a shop to do it...No mods for a while then,,,...

Thanks again

ACCORD EX
05-08-2002, 04:35 AM
they 'll make a deep sound like the blowing of the wind ! woooooooooooooooh ! or a loud sound muffler ! :D

MIKE

MoonScryer
05-08-2002, 11:17 AM
Good advice on the brakes.
As to the mounts, just go to Honda, and buy them. I got all three for $130, and that expensive because I got them at a brand shiny NEW dealer.

Get them at Majestic Honda's website http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

Will be way cheaper.

Dutchboy
05-08-2002, 07:56 PM
Thanks guys ill check into that....

My bearings arent making any sounds so must be something else..will have to check it out when i got time...

As for the mounts
Has this been a problem for any of you too???

Thanks I really appreciate the help

mike_fx_u
05-08-2002, 08:43 PM
Haynes books are too general get Chilton I have found they are hard to find in stores. But you can find them online. I borrow mine from the public library and kept it one month over due when i went in there i told them i needed to pay the late fee and recheck it out the lady gave me a wierd look like. Return late and recheck out as if.

Dutchboy
05-08-2002, 09:02 PM
Thanks ive heard the chiltons are better form other people...
Id look at you funny too if you came to me and did that....
Ive had haynes before and they dont explain anything or have detailed pictures..

WELL ill search for the chilton...hope i can find it..i hate not having a manuel.

vtec11
05-09-2002, 05:24 PM
Just search for it on ebay. they should have alot of new ones.

Or atleast they used to. Why would you want to pay a late fee to the library, i bought mine on ebay for like $7 brand new.