PDA

View Full Version : my lx

ghettogeddy
09-20-2006, 06:58 PM
well as it sits roght now well thats all its doing hopefully buy the middle of next month it will be back on the road and running better then it was before

things that will be done with in the next month are as follows

Fi swap

short ram with k&n

new dash

pacesetter headers (looking into the option of having them polished instead of painted)

catco cat

and a new muffler (havent figured out what its gona be yet, so any help will be great and i will go as large as a 3 1/2 inch tip)

new tranny (follwed by a rebuild of the old one woth teggy gears)

cupholder with hiden swith box instead of the cup inserts for trunk, gas door and hood release power of coarse

86-87 grill downgrade

eq hooked to the 97-98 prelude cd player
and slpiced so i can hook up another sub

i know im missing something but i cant remeber it as of now

edit: also im getting the pacesetters and short ram for 140 shipped

ghettogeddy
09-20-2006, 07:01 PM
oh and im not bs'ing eather this is actually gona happen with in the next month

Legend_master
09-20-2006, 07:16 PM
Sounds like a plan dude, good luck with all that. As for an exhaust if I were to do anything to a 4DR 3gee I would use this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INTEGRA-LEGEND-CRX-OTTO-R-TWIN-TIP-DUAL-EXHAUST-MUFFLER_W0QQitemZ290031504260QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33 636QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) Muffler.

It kinda has a stock look, but still has a little flair to it. I had one on my old Legend and it sounded great.

http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/70/70175/un3089-0899mfx.jpg

ghettogeddy
09-20-2006, 07:19 PM
i was actually thinking about doing a duel pipe set up but one on each side useing a couple of L bends so thios muffler may be the way to go ill just have to mount it a little furter back and cut the tips and extend them

edit also whats the in side pipe sie

ghettogeddy
09-20-2006, 07:21 PM
oh a remebered one other thing i will be ordering a set of justin's bars front back top and bottom

Legend_master
09-20-2006, 07:44 PM
i was actually thinking about doing a duel pipe set up but one on each side useing a couple of L bends so thios muffler may be the way to go ill just have to mount it a little furter back and cut the tips and extend them

edit also whats the in side pipe sie

Honestly I dont think a dual setup will look very good without a bumper made for duals, thats just my 2cents. If you decide to do the duals I think those muffler would be a good choice.

ghettogeddy
09-20-2006, 07:50 PM
well the stock rear lip has in indent im gona match it on the other side or if i make a pip for it i will cut holes out of it so the tips stick out

sinisterfuzzy
09-20-2006, 07:51 PM
i'd like to do an f/i swap, that's what the fellow at the machine shop recomended over any carb... he wants to hook me up with a completely aftermarket (mostly custom) f/i setup... that'd cost a lil bit...

ghettogeddy
09-20-2006, 07:52 PM
i'd like to do an f/i swap, that's what the fellow at the machine shop recomended over any carb... he wants to hook me up with a completely aftermarket (mostly custom) f/i setup... that'd cost a lil bit...
but prolly worth it

Pico
09-20-2006, 08:02 PM
I guess I better get off my lazy ass and start pulling that engine out of the donor car so you can get the FI stuff that you need:)

Legend_master
09-20-2006, 08:03 PM
well the stock rear lip has in indent im gona match it on the other side or if i make a pip for it i will cut holes out of it so the tips stick out

to each his own, but I think that will look bad. Dont take it to hart thats just how I feel.

You could do the EFI swap for pretty cheap and get a stand alone system (whitch is what they paln to do) for much cheaper. I would not pay a shop to do that. Check out VectorX setup I believe he did his own stand alone setup.

Crazybird
09-20-2006, 08:15 PM
dude dont do a fi swap FI is for pussys and people who wished they had real cars

/me runs

ghettogeddy
09-20-2006, 08:25 PM
well just witht the fi swap i could be looking at about 30 hp increase that more than 30% more i say fi for sure

and rodger u dant have to do it all when i come out on sat to do frantiks stuff im gona start pulling the stuff i need then hell ill prolly just verbaly help u guys with the suspension stuff lol if thats ok oh and i will be giving u some money for the fi stuff on the 29th as well

sinisterfuzzy
09-21-2006, 06:46 AM
with a stand alone system would i still need some program so i could hook up my laptop to the car? he said that'd be best.

to each his own, but I think that will look bad. Dont take it to hart thats just how I feel.
You could do the EFI swap for pretty cheap and get a stand alone system (whitch is what they paln to do) for much cheaper. I would not pay a shop to do that. Check out VectorX setup I believe he did his own stand alone setup.

and i can't find this dude... but with a whole set-up he said I wouldn't use ANYTHING stock, that right there just sounds expensive, so i'd probly need a nice intake mani (mod a b16's) big injectors what else am i looking at and do you think with putting all that in could i do it for under $1500?

Legend_master
09-21-2006, 07:22 AM
with a stand alone system would i still need some program so i could hook up my laptop to the car? he said that'd be best.

and i can't find this dude... but with a whole set-up he said I wouldn't use ANYTHING stock, that right there just sounds expensive, so i'd probly need a nice intake mani (mod a b16's) big injectors what else am i looking at and do you think with putting all that in could i do it for under $1500?

You will need an FI manifold (B16, stock, whatever) Then you will need the whole FI setup (TB, Injectors, Rail, ........). Then if you want to run your laptop you will need to convert to OBD-1 (this includes ecu, distributor, and wiring) Then you can get some system like hondata or aem. Whatever you want to spend your money on. If you have that shop do it, you need to bring the vaseline, becasue that shop is going to rape you.

EDIT: ACtually his name is vector he drives a gold hatch

sinisterfuzzy
09-21-2006, 07:31 AM
yeah i called him up and he said that engine components alone would cost around $3500 and that a custom intake manifold for a 4bbl carb would be $400 so... i'm probly looking more at carb'd.

ghettogeddy
09-21-2006, 07:34 AM
well back on topic now does anyone else have an opinion on an enexpensive muffler

MessyHonda
09-21-2006, 07:50 AM
well back on topic now does anyone else have an opinion on an enexpensive muffler

magnaflow...check out picos...just get a nice 3 inch tip

sinisterfuzzy
09-21-2006, 08:10 AM
lol sorry about being a thread jacker, but yeah, magnaflows sound pretty sweet, not ricer.

ghettogeddy
09-21-2006, 08:16 AM
im not to woried about sound more then performance it could sound like a swarm of bees for all i care just as long as i get the most out of it u know

sinisterfuzzy
09-21-2006, 08:26 AM
yeah i get ya, i was thinking about running something like this (http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&catalogIdentifier=Jegs_Direct&categoryId=20919&parentCategoryId=10265) those are pretty much as high-flow as you get.

ghettogeddy
09-21-2006, 08:40 AM
well the only prob with those are the pipe size there a little big im looking more like 2 1/4 to 2 1/2

MessyHonda
09-21-2006, 08:41 AM
well the only prob with those are the pipe size there a little big im looking more like 2 1/4 to 2 1/2

they sell them on egay...i think i got mine for 47 bucks shipped

ghettogeddy
09-22-2006, 09:36 PM
bump to the top