PDA

View Full Version : Carpet sucks

Listen2myBASS
09-21-2006, 12:27 PM
so im pulling my carpet up and im getting stuck at like every couple inches, so im cutting and saying to myself ill just get the brackets out later...but then theres a point i cant cut and my back starts hurting so i just got pissed and tore my carpet out...it was really easy, so instead of going by the norm, just get real mad and pull!

BITESIZE
09-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Ive been there and it wasnt as hard as yours.

Listen2myBASS
09-21-2006, 12:33 PM
damnit, lol, i dont think there would be that much different from a coupe to a hatchback...maybe i missed something...

MessyHonda
09-21-2006, 02:19 PM
yeah i striped my interior plus carpet in like 2 hours....i mean everthing even started in the dash.....mine was easy....but it was sticky around the e-brake area...cuz that was my cupholder....and i bet i had at least a 12 pack of seven up on the carpet.

nskforlife
09-23-2006, 11:28 AM
lol ya i just pulled out my carpet yesterday cause it had chocolate milk all over it. it was smelling BADDD!!!! and so now i'm gonna sound deaden my car with raamat and i might try my shot at fiberglassing a custom enclosure.

A18A
09-23-2006, 11:37 AM
i pulled my carpet out twice cause it was so dirty, i managed to do it without cutting anything :D the thing that annoyed me most was the area with the tank opening thingy and boot opening thingy, that was hard 2 get the bolt outta that. other than that it was pretty str8 foward, removing center console, seat belts, lifting rear seat etc. and of course removing front seats, its pretty simple. but when i removed the carpet of my other car to get the glass outta it, i cut everything in the way lol. but as the saying goes "outta sight, outta mind"

accord upset
09-23-2006, 11:38 AM
i guess u guys a replacing with new if so where u getting it from?

A18A
09-23-2006, 11:42 AM
im not, i just hang the carpet over the clothes line on a fine day and whack it with a mop or something to make all the stones n dust n shit come out

accord upset
09-23-2006, 11:45 AM
o well that sux i have a oil pressure gauge that had a line rub a whole in it followed by filling my floor with oil "ever tried to drive with hot oil all over your feet and shoes" not fun

A18A
09-23-2006, 11:48 AM
cant you wash it out?

accord upset
09-23-2006, 11:51 AM
dono havent tried to yet but my carpet isnt the best anyway i replaced the line and sopped up as much as i could with some old towles i use as rags the rest kinda soaked into the padding under the carpet i guess i might be able to take it to one of those high preasure car wash things and just blow it out with soapy water.

Listen2myBASS
09-23-2006, 12:15 PM
yeah after i took mine out there as a puddle of water in the back of the drivers seat and broken glass near the back seat...im just looking at it like :wtf: man, what else is in this dam car...still have to take out the back seat after i take all the nuts, bolts, screws, tools off it...and the rear dash...im trying to think of something to do than to re-carpet and get a new back seat and rear dash, i just want the 2 front seat, but i dont want that race car gutted interior look...i definatly wanna sound dampen the inside...so dynomat is going down...

any ideas of what i can do to the back to fill up to rear seats location and rear dash?

accord upset
09-23-2006, 12:19 PM
i took the back part of the seat out and mounted my box there and left the bottom part of the seat. later i found out i could put the back part back on if i want anyone to ride there

Listen2myBASS
09-23-2006, 12:24 PM
thats what i plan on doing, then getting a tinted piece of fiberglass over it for privacy...but leaving the bottom cushion...theres an idea...time to start drawing...

MessyHonda
09-23-2006, 09:58 PM
i guess u guys a replacing with new if so where u getting it from?

i was looking into it but ebay sale the carpet for 115....with that much i could just take a whole day to take my car apart get some industrial carpet cleaner and wash it outside my house. and still have some money for....:bong: ...LOL jp

nskforlife
09-25-2006, 06:33 PM
why dynamat, its SOO EXPENSIVE?>???? i'm gonna raamat my car. it's WAYYY cheaper than dynamat and serves the same purpose. check out www.raamaudio.com.

i tought about building a box along the backwall, but it takes up too much valuable room for a junkie like me to throw their weeks worth of clothes and go over to a buddies house, i can't be having that lol...

so heres my plan. i'm gonna make a trunkboard out of 1/2" mdf that spans the WHOLE TRUNK!!! seal it with polyurethane sealer sound dampen it and put it in the trunk. then make a plate that runs along the backing of the back seat, this is where i'm gonna wire my amps. and run the wires through the wood and in a ridge on the back seat. and then take my shot at fiberglassing a sub box in the taillight corners facing the front of the car. This is gonna be my first install but i wanna make it last! the only thing i plan on replacing is the amps and the speakers since the speakers i'm gonna use are P-o-S! i want to make the set-up look nice and make the wiring the last time i wire it.