PDA

View Full Version : seriouse problem, need desperate help

fraza
09-24-2006, 04:41 AM
this sucks, i was driving around tonite, and all the sudden all my lights went dim but stil on and car still ran, seemed like the alt died, was on the way home and the car started to sputter and eventualy died, not enuff power to turn the hazzards on, so must be alt, but then i went back to the car wit a make and a jumper pack, put it on the batt and started that car, ran fine, took the battery terminals off, still runing fine, so alts now working, but on the way home i smelt a very trong smell of frying circuit boards, but everything seems to work. this sint the first time its happened either, can any1 give me any advice at all, i cant even drive down the road without wondering if my cars going to kark it or catch fire :(

reanimator420
09-24-2006, 04:46 AM
start the car and pull your battery cabels off the battery and if your car is still running then your alt is fine. about the fire, do like i do and drive around with your neg. bat line loose so you can just pop it off if something looks/smells bad

Oldblueaccord
09-24-2006, 11:18 PM
well something sorted out some where your just gonna have to find it. It start looking atr fuses all over the ones under the dash as well as under the hood. Id say it with your headlights that a big load running right there. And hey carry a fire extinguisher.

wp

A18A
09-24-2006, 11:34 PM
voltage regulator, try replacing the alt anyways.

when i removed the alt of my other car, and started it without the alt, i smelled something eletrical burning, and smoke comming from the inside fuse box (w/o dash) dunno if its the same for u though

fraza
09-25-2006, 01:41 AM
i replaced the alt, wit a integra alt, all seems to work fine

A18A
09-25-2006, 01:47 AM
u just replaced it now or is that the alt thats giving you problems?

fraza
09-26-2006, 12:29 AM
nah i just replaced it wiht 1 thats had 140000 km on it for $30