PDA

View Full Version : stalls goin around bends

87AccordLXsdn
09-24-2006, 12:31 PM
I know I have seen this issue brought up before but I couldn't find a thread that gave me an answer. Why would a weber carb cut out while turning? If the car is in gear, it stays on but as soon as the clutch is put in, the car stalls. Any help??

A18A
09-24-2006, 12:47 PM
so when the clutch is in and turning around corners at the same time it does that>? much body roll? maybe the carb is tilting so much that something happens, like how your not suposed to flip your carb

87AccordLXsdn
09-24-2006, 03:02 PM
yea its when the clutch is in...and there is almost no body roll and it did it to me when i was pulling into a driveway, so i wasnt going fast.

Fuzy Navel
09-25-2006, 11:39 AM
I know this dosent really have to do with manual but my old automatic honda i had when i turned corners it would die on me sometimes and i didnt know why but i replaced both primary and secondary fuel filters and that fixed it... Don't know if this will help you any or not but just throwing the idea out

accord upset
09-25-2006, 01:48 PM
hey is it when u turn right?? if so i had that problem fora lil while till i found out my fuel filter by the tank had some crap in it and when i turnd right it would slosh up in the filter and die but when it settled it would run fine.

2ndGenGuy
09-25-2006, 02:58 PM
I think the problem is the float level adjustment. My car does this too. I think the float is probably too high. When you corner, it sloshes the fuel up even higher on one side, and the float cuts the fuel getting into the carb.

The only reason I think it stalls completely while the clutch is in, is because the engine doens't have the momentum of your car keeping it running.

87AccordLXsdn
09-25-2006, 03:20 PM
ok...so i'll check out the float level, which if i can remember wasnt very high when i took it apart earlier but i think my major prob is the filter. cant someone tell me where to find the one by the tank...or in the tank...i just changed the secondary and it changed nothing.

MessyHonda
09-25-2006, 03:42 PM
ok...so i'll check out the float level, which if i can remember wasnt very high when i took it apart earlier but i think my major prob is the filter. cant someone tell me where to find the one by the tank...or in the tank...i just changed the secondary and it changed nothing.

the filter is right next to the wheel...if you take off your left rear tire you should see it. when i changed mine i felt like the car was a bit more responsive.

A18A
09-26-2006, 12:36 PM
when I try to turn a corner, or even when I press in the clutch, the idle just goes down to almost zero and the car dies.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48549&highlight=fast+idle+unloader

i found that when searching for something and thought of this thread, might help a bit

w261w261
09-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Many years ago I had a Pantera. One of the first mods owners had to make was to put in a Holley "double pumper," because the original would starve the engine of fuel on a left high-speed turn. Right was ok. Same problem as one of the previous posts.