PDA

View Full Version : Bringing aftermarket to the less popular cars.

ETAftermarket
09-25-2006, 04:06 AM
Hey guys, my name is jerry kronenberg, im from ET Aftermarket. We are a new company whos mission is to aim for the untapped aftermarket of the third gen preludes and accords. You can visit our current website (temporary) at http://etaftermarket.0catch.com . I recently posted on the preludepower forum to find interest in parts, there was plenty of interest but i was met with alot of suspision and downright rudness when i was just trying to see if there was a market there, though the interest was great enough for headlight covers to make them our first 100% carbon fiber product, id much rather help the accord guys as long as they are not as rude, im sure you can understand.

Anyway after that intro, we are currently offering Carbon over-lays on most parts. But what we need to know is how many people whould be willing to but down a nice amount of money for 100% carbon parts for your cars?

A18A
09-25-2006, 04:41 AM
first off :welcome: to the site :)

i dont know what to really say, a picture of the eyelid with the lay-on on the car would be nice, it'll either look nice or rice

MessyHonda
09-25-2006, 08:02 AM
:welcome: to 3geez.com well we are a group that loves accords. i bought my car because it was cheap and easy to work with since you get alot of help from this site...anyways i would be interested in some CF parts.

we already started a thread like this and this is what we brainstormed
1. Carbon Eyelids
2. Clock Bezel
3. Front Grill
4. Gauge Pod for A pillar or Dash
5. carbon hood
6. suspension stiffening components
7. Headlight Trim
8. Lip
9. Shift Knob

hope you get an idea

A18A
09-25-2006, 08:05 AM
theres a thread around here with a list similar to messys

woo i found it:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50723

2ndGenGuy
09-25-2006, 08:09 AM
Cool man. I think you should put a phone number on your site though. Actually calling somebody and talking to them makes people more comfortable with doing business sometimes.

A20A3quippedbeast
09-25-2006, 08:11 AM
how bout a turbo kit? hehe..er um, as for appearance, angel eye headlights would be cool. or maybe a snake eye conv. kit like on 3000gt's. that'd be badass

A18A
09-25-2006, 09:09 AM
oo oo ooo ooo and sum red/clear tails WITH the center piece for the boot :D for the 88 - 89 boot only though seeing there the best and look better :) and if others despratly wanted them, they would buy a whole boot lid :P

Hash_man_Se_i
09-25-2006, 09:31 AM
So, you guys only do overlays?... I think there is definately a market on this site for well made CF hoods, but not just overlays. Especially because $300 seems kinda high for just an overlay.

ETAftermarket
09-25-2006, 11:16 AM
The real carbon fiber overlays are not reccommended right now, its extremely hard to find, and when u find it its expencive because of the CF shortage. The fiberglass look-alike, you realy cant tell the difference unless you weight or try to break the parts, and is highly recommended. we are only doing overlays for now because theres alot of steps, money and time invested into producing a mold, and it whould be dumb to make a mold and only sell 1 or 2, so judge of overlay popularity and your feedback, true cast parts wil be available later on.

killa_16
09-25-2006, 11:30 AM
hello and welcome....not 2 get off topic or nuthin but do u guys have n e connections with any performance companies that would be willin to make parts???

BITESIZE
09-25-2006, 11:30 AM
There are million 3geez people out there that would buy your items now. Making a mold would be the wise decision.

ghettogeddy
09-25-2006, 11:33 AM
The real carbon fiber overlays are not reccommended right now, its extremely hard to find, and when u find it its expencive because of the CF shortage. The fiberglass look-alike, you realy cant tell the difference unless you weight or try to break the parts, and is highly recommended. we are only doing overlays for now because theres alot of steps, money and time invested into producing a mold, and it whould be dumb to make a mold and only sell 1 or 2, so judge of overlay popularity and your feedback, true cast parts wil be available later on.
so the fiber glass with over lay is a fiber glass peice with the stick on carbon
so its not an orginal metal peice but a fiberglass peice i would actually pay just for the fiberglass say hood, fenders, trunk lid light cover so forth and so on

nswst8
09-25-2006, 11:37 AM
I'd be interested in aftermarket pieces. Count me in.

And welcome to the sight.

Pico
09-25-2006, 11:39 AM
:welcome:
I would be interested in the headlight doors and trim.:cool:

Crazybird
09-25-2006, 01:26 PM
oo can u make my whole 3 gee carbon fiber :O cause my panels are kinda rusted

and can u make the eyelids carbon fiber like the housing so when u put a carbon fiber hood on the lights dont make it look kinda gay

and hell yes i would pay for ur parts if i can get them in winnipeg

Crazybird
09-25-2006, 01:29 PM
hmm actaully if ur willing to send stuff to me ill test this stuff for u on my car :) as in 100% carbon fiber since mine would be the first ever :):)

i couldnt even think of how cool it would look

frantik
09-25-2006, 01:39 PM
im interested in parts but not really anything carbon fiber

:welcome: and thanks for offering to make parts though! our cars need all the options we can get hehe

gfrg88
09-25-2006, 01:41 PM
There are million 3geez people out there that would buy your items now. Making a mold would be the wise decision.

yep just make the mold. that would be the best, i would get the hood, the headlight trim, grille, and headlight cover. also a trunk lid would be awesome :rockon:

and yeah try and see if you can get some performance parts made too, that would make the most money, imo.

Gemini2003
09-25-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm sorry but an overlay is not really my style. I'd want it true CF if I'm going to be spending hundreds.

so if you get true CF hoods and other components I'm in like flynn!

Crazybird
09-25-2006, 01:47 PM
ya u gotta make real carbon fiber most of us would like the real deal

reanimator420
09-25-2006, 02:03 PM
welcome finally. did you get my pm on preludepower, awesome. thanks for reading and trying here man i really appreciate it and dont worry, were not assholes like pp is. that whole thread was fucked up so i was like come here man and have some relief. well lets get parts rollin

LiTtLe xOx BitT
09-25-2006, 02:06 PM
yep just make the mold. that would be the best, i would get the hood, the headlight trim, grille, and headlight cover. also a trunk lid would be awesome :rockon:
and yeah try and see if you can get some performance parts made too, that would make the most money, imo.
I agree, i would basically get anything tasteful you can make. Mainly hood and trunk.

reanimator420
09-25-2006, 02:08 PM
same^ oh are you DIYLUDE? just making surelol

reanimator420
09-25-2006, 02:13 PM
oh im down for a fitting teggy lip too

gfrg88
09-25-2006, 02:25 PM
oohhh, a carbon lip would be sweet too!!!! :D man i hope you really do start making these parts for us!!!

EX-ileAccord
09-25-2006, 02:37 PM
I am deff in on this and lookin forward to being broke :D

Crazybird
09-25-2006, 02:40 PM
lol same here me likes the carbonfiber and im gonna be spending all my money on a stereo very soon so i need a job now

ETAftermarket
09-25-2006, 03:21 PM
well basicly, carbon fiber is a task to get right now at any price, thats why the fiberglass option is what i recommend. when the parts all fiberglass with the look-alike as the top layer its not to much heavier and looks just like real carbon fiber, its just not as strong. but its a hell of alot cheaper. anyway that wants an overlay e-mail me at [email protected] with a pic/description of the part and wether you want real cf or not and we will work out a price, if 100% CF or Fiberglass look-alike eyelids where to be molded how many people whould buy them at $250 a pair true CF and $120 pair fiberglass look-alike? yes i am diylude, i own a 3g prelude but the guys there were dicks so ill keep my prelude parts to myself while i get the accord shit rollin.

reanimator420
09-25-2006, 04:55 PM
yeah i pmed ya on pp. i dunno no 250 a pair? but the fiberglass ones i would consider if they were a bit cheaper ~/~ i would like a lip with the overlay, i will find a lip pic and send it to you. what type of prices are we looking at. oh and
get the accord shit rollin. and welcome

speedpenguin
09-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Guys, why don't you start a thread with parts you'd be willing to pay for immediately?
If you can send him an order for enough carbon fiber hoods and whatnot, he'd take your request more seriously.
I know how retail works, and he's not going to make molds until he has enough requests.

ghettogeddy
09-25-2006, 05:08 PM
well basicly, carbon fiber is a task to get right now at any price, thats why the fiberglass option is what i recommend. when the parts all fiberglass with the look-alike as the top layer its not to much heavier and looks just like real carbon fiber, its just not as strong. but its a hell of alot cheaper. anyway that wants an overlay e-mail me at [email protected] with a pic/description of the part and wether you want real cf or not and we will work out a price, if 100% CF or Fiberglass look-alike eyelids where to be molded how many people whould buy them at $250 a pair true CF and $120 pair fiberglass look-alike? yes i am diylude, i own a 3g prelude but the guys there were dicks so ill keep my prelude parts to myself while i get the accord shit rollin.
how much for just fiber glass no over lay and all the parts u have including some u dont like a lip kit
9meaning front, sides and rear)

Crazybird
09-25-2006, 06:59 PM
ok so this fiberglass is the whole part and how strong is this fiber glass like if i were to get hail here it wouldnt fuck it up right?

89l_x_i
09-25-2006, 07:06 PM
I would definetly buy a carbon fiber lips so cound me in for one of those.

Crazybird
09-25-2006, 07:21 PM
:o wide body kits anyone ?????? man i think u are going to make a killing off us if u can make us these body parts

and i suggest u come live in winnipeg so u can test them on my car :)

Gemini2003
09-25-2006, 07:58 PM
I would be willing to spend money on fiberglass components with Carbonfiber fiberglass look-a-like ONLY for non structural parts of the car.

Things like hoods, fenders and trunks would need to be 100% carbonfiber. (for me anyway)

As for the set of eyelids (look-a-like) I'd have a better idea of exactly what you mean if I saw a pic... but is it basically the outer shell of the head light assembly?

Crazybird
09-25-2006, 08:05 PM
im thinking hes thinking of the actaul painted part as in the metal and if so thats amazing

and i agree structural stuff would have to be 100% carbonfiber for me as well

i dont want anything breaking on me

EX-ileAccord
09-26-2006, 06:49 AM
I wouldent mind the end peices in the grill and the top of the eyelids done in the carbonfiber lookalike. I have carbonfiber lookalike on my window posts and it looks really good with my paint and im down for a cf lip also :D lets get it on!!! yes Im a carbon fiber whore

2drSE-i
09-28-2006, 07:11 AM
i think taillights would sell like fuckin crazy personally. id slap down the cash for some red/clear ones right now. Do you do any work with hard plastic??

ETAftermarket
09-28-2006, 03:32 PM
i agree, ill lok into that, honestly u guys got ugly taillights lol.

Gemini2003
09-28-2006, 03:47 PM
I'd totally be down for tails! I'd put money down if they are even half decent! garunteed. I'll even send you a set if you need some. PM me.

MessyHonda
09-28-2006, 05:42 PM
yeah tail lights are cool....i like the all smoked ones cuz it hides the ugly yellow and revese lights...anyways keep up the good work....hope you get more pics

Gemini....nice car in your sig

speedpenguin
09-29-2006, 03:20 AM
'Ey! I happen to think our taillights are sexy!

b20a86lude
10-07-2006, 01:01 PM
well ill be willing if u make them for the 2nd gen prelude im intrestesd but i dont own A ACCORD SO...

2drSE-i
10-08-2006, 08:18 AM
I'd totally be down for tails! I'd put money down if they are even half decent! garunteed. I'll even send you a set if you need some. PM me.

hey fu sedan guys already have tails :)

reanimator420
10-08-2006, 08:28 AM
has ne body even heard from him lately or on some progress

race12001
10-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Man if you would come out with some real ram air hoods that actualy function and some tail lights for coupes it would be worth the money and woldnt have any trouble selling them

ChaseR
10-08-2006, 02:03 PM
I wouldnt want a RAM AIR hood, but the tails. Omg thats awesome..

reanimator420
10-08-2006, 02:17 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

has ne body even heard from him lately or on some progress

mkymonkey
10-08-2006, 03:38 PM
no.... from the begining i didnt think this would happen

ChaseR
10-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Nothing usually does... Its mostly wishful thinking around here..

race12001
10-12-2006, 07:05 PM
i belive wishful thinkin is on every forum

frantik
10-12-2006, 07:12 PM
no.... from the begining i didnt think this would happen
:stupid:

MessyHonda
10-12-2006, 07:30 PM
this is just in from PP.com

Well, plain and simple you guys pissed me off. i literaly have a rough mold sitting infront of me because noone wanted overlays so i put money into making a mold, i even have pictures of the mold but thats not good enough. then dude shows up with pics of overlays, charging and insane amount for em and everyones all over it because he has some shitty pictures, i had a picture of the fucking mold, but everyone runs when he gets pics of the products. now i have 60 to 100$ into a fucking mold that noone wants anymore, because they changed there mind and overlays are fine because they dont reduce much weight anyway. well that was great to know, im a student and dont like trowing away 100 dollars.

So long story short im not investing another cent into you guys, one guy claims to be sending me a gas door and b pilar to overlay and if he does ill take pics of it. im doin it for $20 for the gas door and $75 for b pilars btw. any idiot can make an overlay, literaly. theres no reason to pay a shit load of money. how can you get what you pay for when its a piece of cloth stretched over something and painted/sanded simply put. theres no way you can not get a good finish with enough coats of resin if u strretched it good. so what the fucks the extra 100-150 bucks for?

and btw, that prototype company will overlay anything, why do u need the middle man? anyone asked them directly of there prices and compared? whould be a good idea befor droping to much cash on somin.

in closing i havnt lost interest, but i felt as if u guys did, and felt attacked aswell. consider this a last effort to see if theres interest.

since i got the mold shit already i was contemplating a cf trunk.

now that i got that out in the open i have to go have my wisdom teeth removed. prolly contributed to my mood while writing this.

b20a86lude
10-17-2006, 10:27 AM
hey dont beat up pp.com thats my home site theres just some rude people there

MessyHonda
10-17-2006, 11:10 AM
hey dont beat up pp.com thats my home site theres just some rude people there

the 3rd gen ppl are jerks....you should see me since i have the same screen name....im mostly on the 2nd gen reading up on the engine rebuilds....and you always postwhoring ....lol jp with ya bro...i like 2nd gen ppl tho...way beeter then thoes 3rd gen dues

A18A
10-17-2006, 11:18 AM
the 3rd gen ppl are jerks....you should see me since i have the same screen name....im mostly on the 2nd gen reading up on the engine rebuilds....and you always postwhoring ....lol jp with ya bro...i like 2nd gen ppl tho...way beeter then thoes 3rd gen dues
yeah i noticed 3rd gen peoples were rather assy

A18A
10-17-2006, 11:27 AM
this is just in from PP.com
can u link me 2 dat? there searching thingy is pure shit, just like the stuff that comes from behind that dog imho

MessyHonda
10-17-2006, 11:31 AM
can u link me 2 dat?

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248599

A18A
10-17-2006, 11:46 AM
wow those 3g peoples are complete asses

from SovietSuperSoldier

3rd gen Accords suck balls! 3rd gen Prelude's FTW!

maybe thats cause he felt like he knew everything on this forum and got completly shamed haha

gfrg88
10-17-2006, 11:48 AM
maybe thats cause he felt like he knew everything on this forum and got completly shamed haha

lol, thats exactly what i was gonna say. that dude is fuktard :lol:

frantik
10-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Some of you 3geez guys are like fruit flies. You're fuckin' annoying.

:rofl:

A18A
10-17-2006, 02:33 PM
i wanted to post:

3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez 3geez
but thats giving us a bad name of a immature kid lol

ChaseR
10-17-2006, 04:11 PM
i wanted to post:
but thats giving us a bad name of a immature kid lol
The type of image you already have and Maintain around here........

stat1K
10-17-2006, 06:14 PM
all i have to say is sigh... no part love for us aye!? :thumbdn:

3gmodifier
10-17-2006, 06:50 PM
well to be completly honest, i would much rather spend big BIG money bon the real thing. i already have a cf hood and considering the fact that the one and only real cf breakthrough for the 3g was the hood, i say lets keep up with the badass breakthroughs and all pitch in so we can get a mold of the trunk made. and even the fenders or something. in all i think the trunk lid would the absolute shit for the next cf part. some of you may already know that i have moulded my entire dash with gauge pods. i am trying to get some one to make a mold of that so i can that done in cf too. well picture this. cf hood to go with the cf dash. and then a cf rear panel (ware the rear speakers are) to go with the cf trunk lid. that sounds pretty cool to me. we all need to spend a little more and get some real shit made. just my thought.

MessyHonda
10-17-2006, 07:29 PM
well to be completly honest, i would much rather spend big BIG money bon the real thing. i already have a cf hood and considering the fact that the one and only real cf breakthrough for the 3g was the hood, i say lets keep up with the badass breakthroughs and all pitch in so we can get a mold of the trunk made. and even the fenders or something. in all i think the trunk lid would the absolute shit for the next cf part. some of you may already know that i have moulded my entire dash with gauge pods. i am trying to get some one to make a mold of that so i can that done in cf too. well picture this. cf hood to go with the cf dash. and then a cf rear panel (ware the rear speakers are) to go with the cf trunk lid. that sounds pretty cool to me. we all need to spend a little more and get some real shit made. just my thought.

they already make fenders....Toms blue accord has them. but i think they are fiberglass....not alot of ppl have the money go get some CF stuff done....i dont want to spend more than i spent on the car....plus i think its a bit rice....lets just keep it small like thoes eyelids and grills

3gmodifier
10-17-2006, 07:39 PM
rice is ugly body kits, 4 inch tin can two stroke sounding mufflers, wannabe projectors with crome euro tails and wings so big the car looks like a shopping kart. but i will agree with the fact that it is pretty expensive.

ghettogeddy
10-17-2006, 07:42 PM
rice is also consdered all show no go so a shit load of carbon isent making u go faster just making you lighter i would do a hood and fenders and stuff but id paint it so no one knew

MessyHonda
10-17-2006, 08:02 PM
rice is also consdered all show no go so a shit load of carbon isent making u go faster just making you lighter i would do a hood and fenders and stuff but id paint it so no one knew

im with you on that one....plus our cars are not race cars....il do hood and the z3 fiberglass fenders...

stat1K
10-17-2006, 09:24 PM
yeah stick to the small stuff as it seems that it is way too difficult to get started... i mean we don't even have any pics and this dude was comin in here talking things up like crazy and what do we have? so my guess is that anything like trunk lids / fenders would be years out lol. so yeah small stuff for now.

2drSE-i
10-18-2006, 08:34 AM
our fenders arent heavy enough to get any gains from CF or fiberglass anyway...