09-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Howdy,

The driver's window struggles quite a bit. Problem is it moves down
very slow during the last half of the range of travel. Going up is
fine. I popped off the door liner and took a peek at the window
mechanism. Looks to me like the window is getting jammed up near the
half way point. All the moving parts look well lubricated, so I can't
figure out why the window is jamming. Does anyone else have
window that behave this way? Any idea what's causing the jam?
I was told the door has never been wrecked.

oldschool3g
09-25-2006, 12:14 PM
the exact opposite is happening to my windows. mine roll down perfect at a good speed...but when i put them up they struggle and go pretty slow. this has been going on for a long time now and i cant figure out this problem neither.

A18A
09-25-2006, 12:27 PM
the exact opposite is happening to my windows. mine roll down perfect at a good speed...but when i put them up they struggle and go pretty slow. this has been going on for a long time now and i cant figure out this problem neither.
could be your motor worn out or brushes need replacing maybe, cause it sounds like the motor is struggling to move. my rear left window has a reall struggle going up and down, but if you assist it, after a few times of it going up and down its fine untill the next day :huh:

bushbean
09-25-2006, 12:46 PM
I don't think it's the motor. I can hear the window mechanisms jamming up
when the window is being rolled down, and it don't sound like the motor.
On the pasenger side window, which works perfectly fine, I don't hear any
kind of jamming at all. Also, when the car has been in the rain, the problem
is a lot worse. I am guessing it has something to do with the hairly and
rubbery material that the glass slides over. Perhaps those things have
gotten too old.

ottomatic
09-25-2006, 01:30 PM
mine do the same type of thing, up/down.
there is this thread:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98

going to honda to get the stuff this weekend to see if that does
the trick. sure would be nice for them to work fast always.

if it speeds up and slows down during rolling up Or down,
its binding on something. a bad motor(electric, with a constant voltage) would not speed up/slow down in 1 cycle......

if it's just slow, probably the motor.

895spdforfree
09-25-2006, 01:38 PM
all of my windows are slow, but my drivers window comes like off the mechanism sometimes, its weird. My passenger side door is also slow and doesnt roll down all the way, i have yet to find a cure

AccordB20A
09-25-2006, 01:47 PM
i have problems with my back windows winding up and down... because they arent used lots my drivers window goes up and down just fun but the rest are prety slow

stat1K
09-25-2006, 04:17 PM
the only thing connecting the track to the window is 2 bolts... when one bolt is loose it can cause the window to slow down heavily or stop completely. i had a bolt that sheared off and i fixed it by putting in a new bolt... but now the bolt has backed out some and it's doing exactly what you're describing. check to see if they are tight and if not tighten them. if that's not the problem just put even more grease on the track... again if that doesn't work take apart the motor and clean the brushes and or install new aftermarket motors... fairly easy to do.

Accordaone
09-25-2006, 05:06 PM
My driver's side window did the same thing. I found that the grease in several places had solidified over the years, especially in the bottom channel that the motor arms ride in to raise and lower the glass. Cleaned and replaced it and window worked fine. Probably a silicone based grease would last longest.

guaynabo89
09-25-2006, 05:08 PM
make sure the rubber tracks that the indow goes in are clean and throw some silicone lubricant.

Now my window was doing the same thing and coming to an almost complete halt halfway up. ging down it ws fine. I took the motor out to see if it could get rebuilt. The shop I took it to said they couldnt rebuild it but that the motor was definately bad.

A new motor costs like 120 so make sure everything else is in good working order before you buy one.

88Accord-DX
09-25-2006, 07:01 PM
I jack with electric power windows at least once a week. Spray some white lithuim grease in the rubber tracks. I like a mixtue of that and a little PB laster for good measures.
Anyhow, if that doesn't do any good. Take the door panel off & see if the actuator is binding up. Lube it with some bearing grease. A lot of time I just hook up two wires straight off a "test" 12V battery to see if the motor is working right. (without any switch & relays in the circuit) That also lets me see if the actuator is working right & where the binding is accuring.

89l_x_i
09-25-2006, 07:12 PM
You know the same thing happens to my drivers side window but here is the interesting part, it only happens when its cold outside (below 70) it will only go halfways down very slowly. Never happens during the summer though.???????:wtf:

jschatte
09-25-2006, 07:24 PM
You know the same thing happens to my drivers side window but here is the interesting part, it only happens when its cold outside (below 70) it will only go halfways down very slowly. Never happens during the summer though.???????:wtf:

Yeah, the same thing happens to me because i try and get rid of the dew on my window by rolling it down, but it wont open over half.

88Accord-DX
09-25-2006, 08:27 PM
There are bascially two types of window regulators.

This one.

http://www.getusedparts.com/Images/Gallery/window_regulator/window_regulator.jpg

AND this one.

http://www.innerauto.com/includes/images/Inner_Auto/Lincoln_Parts/window_regulator.jpg

Take into consideration that in hot weather, elements expand & in cold weather they contract. (on a side note)
With window motors & regulators that have never been replaced for almost 2 decades, there could many syptoms outside the normal.

A18A
09-25-2006, 09:57 PM
^ those came in 3geez?