PDA

View Full Version : very cute TOYota

BeatThisLXI
09-25-2006, 10:40 PM
"Right. Let's not muck around. For straight power output, the V-TEC system craps all over the VVT system. The latest Honda V-TEC engine, as used in the S2000 sports car, makes 240hp odd out of only 2 litres - That's a sparkling 120hp per litre."
-quoted from http://www.billzilla.org/vvtvtec.htm

Now what was that about all variable valve timing systems being equal? And about TOYota power? Lol. Sorry celica kids. :-D
Man, I'm gonna miss honda. (selling car, probably won't be able to afford newer model honda except civic, and I hate 'em)

Hash_man_Se_i
09-26-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm sorry, but what is the point of half these threads you make?

You seem to be just cluttering the forum up with crap. You barely even back up your claims in threads like this, so please, just stop. :bandance: :wtf:

BITESIZE
09-26-2006, 10:06 AM
You seem to be just cluttering the forum up with crap. You barely even back up your claims in threads like this, so please, just stop. :bandance: :wtf:

:Owned:

stat1K
09-26-2006, 10:20 AM
did you read it? he says both are good... just that honda makes more power at higher rpms with vtec... which we all know is true.

snoopyloopy
09-26-2006, 10:32 AM
the whole premise of his article is that if you want a nice car for groceries, get a toyota vvt. but if you want to go fast and make some real power, get a honda vtec.

MessyHonda
09-26-2006, 11:02 AM
the whole premise of his article is that if you want a nice car for groceries, get a toyota vvt. but if you want to go fast and make some real power, get a honda vtec.

lol dont mess with Snoopy...yeah i thought is that toyota wants something like V-tech....my friend has a 99 corola and i bet my car could take on his car.

ghettogeddy
09-26-2006, 11:22 AM
well its actually telling u the dif between honda a yota motors so y tell him to stop, and 2 who are u to tell him to stop not saying anything bad about u as a persons but he has the right to post it, right.

snoopyloopy
09-26-2006, 11:28 AM
well remember that cheese hasn't posted much lately because he was told that he posts too many "useless posts."

stat1K
09-26-2006, 11:39 AM
i think we can all agree that honda owns toyota. and lets leave it at that. lol.

ghettogeddy
09-26-2006, 11:45 AM
useless post is one thing but this is actually information

MessyHonda
09-26-2006, 11:50 AM
well remember that cheese hasn't posted much lately because he was told that he posts too many "useless posts."

i believe that his post is not useless he is comparing 2 cars that are in the same range.....if you posted it on a toyota forum...they would be like Toyota>Honda....cuz that is the cars they like. i dont hear about alot of toyotas besides the supra and celica...honda has the accord, prelude, s2000...dont get my wrong i repect Abe but i think his posts are funny but some one did not have the sense of humor that day.

HondaBoy
09-26-2006, 01:18 PM
its not V-TEC, its VTEC. and the S2000 now uses a 2.2 237hp engine. just thought you might like to know. i'd buy a honda over a toyota anyday.

russiankid
09-26-2006, 02:34 PM
i think we can all agree that honda owns toyota. and lets leave it at that. lol.
I find Toyota and Honda to be the same qaulity, they both offer reliable and fuel efficient cars/trucks. They are both Japenese engineered and give great options. Only problem that i have heard is the Honda's automatic transmission especially in the Accord (new models), and Odysseys arent to reliable, to where Toyota transmissions are like bullet proof, especially on Camry's. One thing is on the VVT-i engine you really cant hear the difference when ever the extra power kicks in like a vtec. I know this because my mom and dad have the VVT-i engines.

russiankid
09-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Maybe his point of this thread is to show people who own Honda's that they have made a better decision on buying a Honda in his opinion. Since alot of people here like to go fast he proves that VTEC engines do produce more power. So i mean this does relate to Honda.

AccordEpicenter
09-26-2006, 04:20 PM
what the fuck is the point of this thread?

diegoaccord
09-26-2006, 06:47 PM
This is stupid.

Number one, that article is full of mistakes.

The VVT and VVT-i are not VTEC like in goal. Not even made to compete with VTEC, it maximizes the power from idle to redline with only timing adjustment.

There is NO "crossover" in this system. The later JDM Supra RZ-S has VVT-i. Have you ever heard a Supra "hit VTEC", or a Corolla(Except the XRS)? The VVT-i Supra has a broader powerband than the standard one. It's that simple. Doesn't have less power on bottom, and doesn't rev any higher.

Also the 1ZZFE does not have VVTL-i, as the atricle states. Only the 2ZZGE has the Lift part of it. That is the engine that you feel the "crossover" on. And the VVTL-i, when it engages, it's more of a kick, and louder than VTEC. As we know, I've had a B16, and I have a 2ZZGE.

BeatThisLXI
09-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Ok let's sort a few things out. Reasons for this post: 1. To piss off diego, lol, and show him that his little celly ain't but so much compared to our s2000. 2. Got curious and actually wanted to know the difference between the two valve control systems. and 3. Even if it is a pointless post to you, anything that creates creative debate is far from pointless, and is a far better use of space than your wasting the time to write "this is a pointless post" that's pretty retarded in itself. If it's so pointless, just click that shiny little red x in the top right hand corner of you screen and "simmer down now y'all." It's ok, no one will die because you didn't warn them of the pointless post. :-, Let's keep it in perspective guys.

BeatThisLXI
09-27-2006, 06:11 PM
This is stupid.
Number one, that article is full of mistakes.
The VVT and VVT-i are not VTEC like in goal. Not even made to compete with VTEC, it maximizes the power from idle to redline with only timing adjustment.
There is NO "crossover" in this system. The later JDM Supra RZ-S has VVT-i. Have you ever heard a Supra "hit VTEC", or a Corolla(Except the XRS)? The VVT-i Supra has a broader powerband than the standard one. It's that simple. Doesn't have less power on bottom, and doesn't rev any higher.
Also the 1ZZFE does not have VVTL-i, as the atricle states. Only the 2ZZGE has the Lift part of it. That is the engine that you feel the "crossover" on. And the VVTL-i, when it engages, it's more of a kick, and louder than VTEC. As we know, I've had a B16, and I have a 2ZZGE.

It's good that it's not made to compete because it falls way short. And sure the little VVT is pretty innovative (for toyota). Besides, not to pick a childish fight like some others here, but between you and the author of the article, I'd be more inclined to believe him for no other reason than the raw vehicle knowledge and vehicle experience he has over you. That guy goes into VERY thorough detail.

diegoaccord
09-27-2006, 06:43 PM
I'll let you play around in your ignorant little world.

Nice sig you ricer.

BeatThisLXI
09-27-2006, 06:45 PM
I'll let you play around in your ignorant little world.
Nice sig you ricer.

Piss off diego, check. LOL!

Feuerstoss
09-27-2006, 11:21 PM
Meh. My Celica doesn't rely on VVTL-i to make about 210bhp with a decently fat torque curve. It just relies on a CT26.:naughty:

In all seriousness, VVTL-i is to Toyota what VTEC is to Honda. VVT-i is a similar concept, but waaay different in execution, and I think the 2ZZGE is the only engine to have VVTL-i in the states?

Sorry, my newer Toyota knowhow's kinda flaky... I honestly know more about TVIS than I do VVTL-i.

diegoaccord
09-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Piss off diego, check. LOL!

Nah, you'd know if I was pissed off.

You're just some punk kid. I'll forgive you this once. Go read a UNBIASED article and come back. Until then, do us ALL a favor and shut the hell up.

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 09:59 AM

You're just some punk kid. I'll forgive you this once. Go read a UNBIASED article and come back. Until then, do us ALL a favor and shut the hell up.
damn diego, did not know you had it in ya, thats one way to cut down on the newb/ricer-hybrid people around here. get em boy!!!!

ghettogeddy
09-28-2006, 10:25 AM
oh calm down diago its ok no hard feelings right lol

Selfmindead
09-28-2006, 01:40 PM
After driving my friends 20v down the 1/4 ive decided they have nothing on the b16a

diegoaccord
09-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Oh, yeah kid.
Here's my VTEC in action. One of these years, you might have one like it. You can dream until then.
http://thumbs.vidiac.com/fa7a228e-46e7-4761-80c8-6a40ecaeaeac.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/fa7a228e-46e7-4761-80c8-6a40ecaeaeac.htm)Click here to see Video (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/fa7a228e-46e7-4761-80c8-6a40ecaeaeac.htm)

The good ol' days of the B16 couope...

Nice, but:

Here's a LOCAL Celica raping a RX8, with only Same mods as mine + Power FC

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/f58cfa0f-3752-44a0-b83c-983e0146cac7.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f58cfa0f-3752-44a0-b83c-983e0146cac7.htm)Click here to see Video (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f58cfa0f-3752-44a0-b83c-983e0146cac7.htm)

And here's a Celica with I/H/E/Power FC racing a S2000. S2000 has mods too.
http://thumbs.vidiac.com/49ad4a64-2397-4f2e-883b-131cea304e8e.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/49ad4a64-2397-4f2e-883b-131cea304e8e.htm)Click here to see Video (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/49ad4a64-2397-4f2e-883b-131cea304e8e.htm)

Yeah, 22K car VS "your" 33K S2K. Don't make me laugh. I know a guy who sold his S2K because swapped B series hatches, and a stock Integra Type R beat his. Stock ITR's run 14.9 (good) GT-S run 14.7(good- land in LIFT), their time is higher than an S2K, because they a FWD cars, but from a roll it matter much less. S2000 is less than stellar in acceleration, for it's class/price. SRT's destroy them regularly. POint? Using the S2K as though;s it;s some godlike chariot isn't gonna work here.

Just because it's sexy:
http://thumbs.vidiac.com/f58cfa0f-3752-44a0-b83c-983e0146cac7.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f58cfa0f-3752-44a0-b83c-983e0146cac7.htm)Click here to see Video (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f58cfa0f-3752-44a0-b83c-983e0146cac7.htm)
This motor(2ZZGE) is made by Yamaha, and it sounds like a fuckin sport bike. This vid has the Power FC (why he can rev to 9K). The stock ECU holds this car back, the STOCK cams are aggressive enough to make power to 8700ish, and the lift crossover is set too high in the factory ECU. Anyone who runs a 15 in this car stock, isn't hitting lift during shifts. Power FC and full bolt on's get mid 13's.

Any stock 00-02 Celica GT-S is a decent driver, intake, header and Power FC away from 13's. You can just unbolt the axleback, that's gotten more power than all the exhausts except maybe 2. That's $1000 max. You can keep your full interior...

Your little Civic, you need a $3200 GSR swap, I/H/E/cams OBD conv w P28, and to strip your car out like a shitbox.

Or put a $5000 K20 in it, and the $2000 it costs for the kit, work, then more for Hondata. Hell, it might run 12's, but like everyone else with a fast NA, it'll be a shitbox base model.

So, have fun running 15's after you spend 3K on a swap. Haha, you can't get me to drive another Honda after finding out things about this car.

BeatThisLXI
10-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Meh. My Celica doesn't rely on VVTL-i to make about 210bhp with a decently fat torque curve. It just relies on a CT26.:naughty:
In all seriousness, VVTL-i is to Toyota what VTEC is to Honda. VVT-i is a similar concept, but waaay different in execution, and I think the 2ZZGE is the only engine to have VVTL-i in the states?
Sorry, my newer Toyota knowhow's kinda flaky... I honestly know more about TVIS than I do VVTL-i.

Yeah, that gt4 is a sweet car. And 210 is great in a reasonably small car like that. I'd love to find one of those. But I'm a bit disenfranchised with these new celicas. They look like something out of TF&TF. Just like the STI WRX. You're not fooling anybody with those cars, anybody who sees them will expect them to be very quick. I like the new redone Subaru for 07. That thing looks nothing like a racing car, but is faster than hell.

BeatThisLXI
10-01-2006, 10:09 AM

I'll withdraw from the childish insults/raving at this point. But on a lighter note, thanks for returning to actual, relevant discussion.

Now, the teg R is awesome, true. It's also vtec empowered. The S2000 was a base example, not the point of this discussion. Ok so maybe a celica can kill an S2000, but you'll never get me to agree to VVTL-i being better than iVTEC. Anyone else want to weigh in on that?