PDA

View Full Version : Order CF parts NOW! ET Aftermarket

ETAftermarket
09-26-2006, 07:15 AM
Hey guys its jerry again. heres most of your questions awnsered:
Its structualy sound, due to the oem part being used.
Its almost like a CF Paint job, the oem part is prepped, CF Applied and vaccum bagged, and it ends up looking just like the real thing.
Due to the CF shortage and insane CF prices (if u can even find the stuff) this is a beautiful alternative to purly cosmetic applications.
Order from our website! (http://etaftermarket.cjb.net)
Any part available, not just the ones on the list. Prices will be worked out one on one for different parts.

If the site doesnt work e-mail me at [email protected]

ghettogeddy
09-26-2006, 07:18 AM
the pop ups are working fine lol (u really most get your new web site) but the site isent loading

also can u do just solid fiberglass parts

ETAftermarket
09-26-2006, 07:32 AM
To make actualy full replacement parts a mold is required. basicly i need more then a couple serious buys befor ill make a mold, that is why the overlays are available at the moment. and yes if a mold is made i can make pure fiberglass parts.

EX-ileAccord
09-26-2006, 07:37 AM
site doesent work. Damn it! what a waste of an erection. lol

ETAftermarket
09-26-2006, 07:40 AM
Im sorry ill work on it asap, untill then please just e-mail me.

mkymonkey
09-26-2006, 07:53 AM
id have to see pics....all i can picture is just an overlay piece that goes on top of the stock pieces....i dunno...i guess i would really just have to see a pic of whatever.

and wtf? a cf shortage?

ghettogeddy
09-26-2006, 07:55 AM
id have to see pics....all i can picture is just an overlay piece that goes on top of the stock pieces....i dunno...i guess i would really just have to see a pic of whatever.

and wtf? a cf shortage?
theres been a shortage for quite some time know

gfrg88
09-26-2006, 07:58 AM

and wtf? a cf shortage?

yeah i keep hearing different people that makes cf parts saying theres a shortage :dunno:

anyways, i wanna see some kind of an example first.

mkymonkey
09-26-2006, 08:05 AM
i dont understand how there COULD be a shortage. isnt it a man made product? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_fiber)

anyway....and isnt the purpose of CF as a mod to make the car lighter? so if you sell overlays....wouldnt that just be for looks and not actually serve a purpose besides you telling your friends that your headlights are made out of cf when they're just overlays....

...sounds kinda pointless....just like a CF shift knob. dont get me wrong....im still interested, and if i see some great examples, im willing to shell out some cash :)

ETAftermarket
09-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Boeing mainly, the usa has to keep turning out war machines, duh. lol. What im trying to do here is bring the market where there is none. now mold costs quite a bit of money, you need a mold to make a true CF part. untill i get people with cash in hand saying they def want the parts, and have a part agreed on, i cant make a mold.

mkymonkey
09-26-2006, 08:12 AM
uh.....ok (http://www.fibreglast.com/carbonfibershortage)

ETAftermarket
09-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Keep in mind i will make a mold with FAR less people signed on, as some companys want min orders of atleast 20, with outrageous prices if they dont think they can sell 20 a week. ET Aftermarket is a small company, looking to work with the small audience of 3g accords and ludes. Its an untapped market for us (i own a 3g lude) and i intend to tap it.

mkymonkey
09-26-2006, 08:14 AM
so what do you need to make a mold...shit ill send you some headlight skins if you like...free fuck it lol

EX-ileAccord
09-26-2006, 08:16 AM
well you have to start with somthing every one will want and doesent care if everyone has the same, like mirrors. I dont think every one is going to want there car to look like every one elses 3gee. Thats the problem your going to run into for lips I think. I also have a lot of parts you can use if you need them

ETAftermarket
09-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Extremely helpfull, i own a 3g lude not an accord, so any donated parts whould be of extreme help and worth a discount off all our parts in the future. ill put myself out on a limb here because the market seems decent, and say if i get 5 people who swear up and down they will buy i will make a mold for a small part such as headlight covers to start with.

EX-ileAccord
09-26-2006, 08:37 AM
where do I send the money? and what parts do you need?

ghettogeddy
09-26-2006, 08:57 AM
i might be interestes in 2 cf hoods is there any discount on multi part orders

snoopyloopy
09-26-2006, 08:57 AM
how much would a set of real cf headlight covers cost? i might be tempted. or a hood.

ICEMAN707
09-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Hey where are you located? Would be nice if we could redo my custom bodykit in carbonfiber. A nice vented hood would be nice, like Evo style. Carbon fiber trunk, doors, widebody fenders, etc. would be nice too. Like the ones Seibon.com makes.

Gemini2003
09-26-2006, 02:43 PM
I think it's going to be really hard for us to decide on a single piece for the mold.

SO...

I think a good idea would be If we have a vote listing the 5 most popular components people want made... we could decide quicker and get an actual mold made.

Good idea yes/no?

and If you think it's a good idea list off what you would want made so we can get a most popular list made!

Gemini2003
09-26-2006, 02:58 PM
I'd say my top 5 carbon fibre items would be (in order of importance):

1. Hood... sexy :-)
2. Trunk... sexy :-)
3. Left and right front fenders
4. Mirrors
5. Dash

HostileJava
09-26-2006, 03:04 PM
I think the first mold ought to be the flip up lids, alot of people with the CF hood will probably want them, and they'll look good even if you don't have a CF hood.

lostforawhile
09-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Extremely helpfull, i own a 3g lude not an accord, so any donated parts whould be of extreme help and worth a discount off all our parts in the future. ill put myself out on a limb here because the market seems decent, and say if i get 5 people who swear up and down they will buy i will make a mold for a small part such as headlight covers to start with.can you give me an idea on the price of overlays? and how good are they at resisting uv light? I'm going to be making a set of custom taillights for the hatc and what i would want overlayed would be a rectangular piece of aluminum that fits inside of the light housing,it would have three holes cut in it for the lights. I'm waithing on an extra set of lights so I can start this project soon. I could supply the aluminum pieces to you already media blasted and cleaned.

RamThis
09-26-2006, 03:49 PM
EP, what kind of vacuum pump do you have? I have been looking for a true regulated vacuum pump and resivoir tank that's not insanely expensive. I also do molds and composites layup as a hobby and want a decent vacuum system I can leave on all night and it will cycle instead of run constant. I need one that pulls 25" or more of vacuum for large wet layup parts, like a hood I plan to design for the Ram pickups.

What do you suggest??

Also, who do you use for your CF cloth? I've bought from AircraftSpruce and some on eBay, and am looking at buying some from http://www.acp-composites.com/acp-cat.htm . Ive seen some CF with 90* woven kevlar that was dyed different colors, from purple, yellow, red, blue, green, orange, and it was wicked. I've never been able to find who makes it, and I cannot contact the guy that showed the samples to me for some reason. Those would be friggin sweet!!!!!

ETAftermarket
09-26-2006, 04:34 PM
EP, what kind of vacuum pump do you have? I have been looking for a true regulated vacuum pump and resivoir tank that's not insanely expensive. I also do molds and composites layup as a hobby and want a decent vacuum system I can leave on all night and it will cycle instead of run constant. I need one that pulls 25" or more of vacuum for large wet layup parts, like a hood I plan to design for the Ram pickups.
What do you suggest??
Also, who do you use for your CF cloth? I've bought from AircraftSpruce and some on eBay, and am looking at buying some from http://www.acp-composites.com/acp-cat.htm . Ive seen some CF with 90* woven kevlar that was dyed different colors, from purple, yellow, red, blue, green, orange, and it was wicked. I've never been able to find who makes it, and I cannot contact the guy that showed the samples to me for some reason. Those would be friggin sweet!!!!!

fibreglast.com has some carbon/kevlar hybrids, and i went with a ebay vaccum pump.

labeledsk8r
09-26-2006, 05:25 PM
I think the first mold ought to be the flip up lids, alot of people with the CF hood will probably want them, and they'll look good even if you don't have a CF hood.

i agree with hostile, its a smaller sized part that would help set apart some accords and agreed the lids look like crap on peoples cars that have CF hoods, hell even if its just fiberglass, thats alot lighter the the standerd sheet metal houseings. shaveing weight off with better looks is allways better. so i say the lids are a good solid starting point (just my .02)

reanimator420
09-26-2006, 05:34 PM
how bout a lip? say a teggy one. everybody has them on there 3g and i think that people would most likely be able to afford one over a hood.lets open a poll up and vote for 1 item at a time to start.i think a hood will not be a good first b/c they are already made and shipping will murder you. that my op

ghettogeddy
09-26-2006, 05:35 PM
will if he does lips i want one for the front the sides and for the rear in fiberglass only for me

and they could easly be cutum with a mock up made from sheet metal

reanimator420
09-26-2006, 05:40 PM
well a 4pc lip kit would be hot as hell i did not think of that. even if its fiberglass i down for that unless cf kit is too outragous. i just think teggy lip would be nice b/c everybody has them/everybody likes.

reanimator420
09-26-2006, 05:46 PM
lets open poll people, ne suggestions
4. Mirrors
5. Dash
6. eyelids
7. lips
8. center console
9. cup holders
10. front grill piece
11. visors
12..................ne one else

RamThis
09-26-2006, 08:24 PM
fibreglast.com has some carbon/kevlar hybrids, and i went with a ebay vaccum pump.

I have been to that site too, GREAT info on mold surface preps, even though I did molds for a living, I still learned stuff from reading their tutorials.

What brand of vacuum pump did you get and do you like it? Any suggestions for brands or features? I already have the nice vac fittings from aircraftspruce, the two piece aluminum locking fitting that has one piece in the bag, the other piece outside and locks together sealing on the bag.

snoopyloopy
09-26-2006, 08:28 PM
well a 4pc lip kit would be hot as hell i did not think of that. even if its fiberglass i down for that unless cf kit is too outragous. i just think teggy lip would be nice b/c everybody has them/everybody likes.
well if they're being custom made to begin with, why go with the teggy lip? and what differentiates that from the oem 3g lip? but back to my original point. if they're being custom made, why not just mold them to be a straight bolt-on option for us?

mykwikcoupe
09-26-2006, 09:16 PM
i want an oem hood WITHOUT hood squirters and eyelids in true CF not overlays.

Id be in for a

trunk lid stock style
id be in for a set of fibergalss fenders with the new m3 inserts with the 3 pieces of metal horizontal to the fenders

if you made this id pay half up front half when done but as with everything else i buy. Id like a warrenty on delaminating and bubbles and itd have to be rolled edges not cut square. anyway im very interested in these items. keep in touch

Gemini2003
09-26-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm not a fan of m3 inserts generally....

Until I thought about them in carbon fibre!! Id for sure be interested in that :-)

BITESIZE
09-26-2006, 09:44 PM
I think alteaza hatchback lights like all the other carbon fiber lights would be sick.

Gemini2003
09-26-2006, 09:46 PM
Yes!! I agree!

I was also thinking a nice Carbon Fibre Spoiler ;-)

BITESIZE
09-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Solid carbon fiber hood grill.... Yummy!

BITESIZE
09-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Lets see some pictures of what your company can do....... Pictures are worth a thousand words.

BITESIZE
09-26-2006, 10:43 PM
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247068

EX-ileAccord
09-27-2006, 06:05 AM
Man, prelude owners are aragent

EX-ileAccord
09-27-2006, 07:13 AM
what about side moldings? or would that be a bit to much?

mkymonkey
09-27-2006, 07:38 AM
lol....wow @ the pp thread

mkymonkey
09-27-2006, 07:39 AM
what about side moldings? or would that be a bit to much?

that would look gay..... cf is supposed to serve a purpose not to make your car look more gay lol

ghettogeddy
09-27-2006, 07:39 AM
side moldings ewwwwww lol little bt ricey imo, but i do want i lip set im just oainted fiberglass

EX-ileAccord
09-27-2006, 08:01 AM
lol Yeah thats what I figured, just thought I would throw out the idea

MessyHonda
09-27-2006, 08:18 AM
1. Carbon Eyelids
2. Clock Bezel
3. Front Grill
4. Gauge Pod for A pillar or Dash
5. carbon hood
6. suspension stiffening components
7. Headlight Trim
8. Lip
9. Shift Knob
.....keep the list....updated guys

stat1K
09-27-2006, 08:22 AM
if a lip could be made like the 89 teg lip but cf or even not cf... just one that would fit our car with just drilling and would be readilly available i would be sooooo down... and carbon headlight buckets like the truenos!!!!! i love it.

Mars
09-27-2006, 08:42 AM
My vote would be a carbon fibre unibody.

lol, but seriously, i would consider buying cf headlight skins, mirrors, and trunk/hoods

ETAftermarket
09-27-2006, 01:08 PM
I have one volunteer so far supposibly sending me parts for molding, as of now though i can do headlight covers for $175, i can also do a lip if u send me it, but it will be seamed every now and then. id prolly do that for about $125 for a 4pc basic design lip kit. just give me a e-mail with what you guys want and ill get you set up.

ghettogeddy
09-27-2006, 01:44 PM
ok so if i molded the lips out of sheet mettle then send then to u, u can make it out of fiberglass for 125(no cf overlays just fiberglass then have them painted a satin black

BITESIZE
09-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Lets see some pictures of you work first!

reanimator420
09-27-2006, 02:38 PM
for about $125 for a 4pc basic design lip kit damn im down with that ne day of the week,
unless you mean price of a lip alone, im still down

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 03:42 AM
I chould try my best to get the weave like your hoods, im sure i can get a decent match with a good picture. another option i was thinking about is making some sort of projector headlight system where there mounted in CF where the headlight cover used to be, and the hood whould come with it since i whould make it all one peice since the headlights no longer need to flip up, this also frees room for a scoop inbetween the bumper and the headlight, with ample room underneath for a filter due to not needing any of the bulky flipup headlight deal. a perfect alternative to having 2 ugly scoops in each corner of the hood for the filter and a sidemount intercooler where the battery/headlight used to be for a turbo setup. shit paint it and can you say untimate sleeper? my mind never stops going i just need your opinions so i know im not just crazy.

but like i said gime your vote, headlight covers, gas door, door or b pilar?

i want those headlights, i want to rid of the flips. are you able to do them?

A18A
09-28-2006, 04:12 AM
i want those headlights, i want to rid of the flips. are you able to do them?
i think hes talking bout the eyelids on the pop-ups, they dont sellfixed headlight 3geez over there fortunatly, i would swap ya if i could but cant

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 04:12 AM
4. Mirrors
5. Dash
6. eyelids
7. lips
8. center console
9. cup holders
10. front grill piece
11. visors
12. flush headlight projector
13. clock bezel
14. A pillar
15. dash
16. suspension componets

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 04:14 AM
no im talking about projectors or atleast the housings then i will get the bulbs to go in them

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 04:18 AM
im trying to find the pics of the silver photoshoped 3g with the photochoped fixed lights, that how i would like them and i know od has a pic of it:argue:

EX-ileAccord
09-28-2006, 05:40 AM
Im sending out a bunch of stuff this week to make molds

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 05:55 AM
werd thats great, what items are you sending?

EX-ileAccord
09-28-2006, 06:41 AM
eye lids with the moldings, front grill, trunk lid (depending on shipping) clock bezel, mirrors, and i'm debating on my lip because I only have one, and its not really a good fit on the car. I have enough spair parts to build 3 cars so I can send anything

ghettogeddy
09-28-2006, 06:51 AM
i like the miror idea also a cf rad support would be nice

EX-ileAccord
09-28-2006, 06:58 AM
good idea with the rad support I'll throw that in too. Anything else?

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 07:03 AM
foglight covers would be nice too. yeah i think the rad. suport would be hot shit and even a valve cover

2drSE-i
09-28-2006, 07:04 AM
we had a member here, louis something or other from mexico who made Fiberglass custom foglight covers, they were pretty nice looking. unfortunatley they had to be molded on, and i dont think hes on here anymore

EX-ileAccord
09-28-2006, 07:12 AM
I dont know about the valve cover, but the oil cap would be nice. I'll send the valve cover If you want. Let me know if your really going to buy this stuff cause I really dont want to spend a shit load on shipping if no one is going to buy the final product.

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 07:21 AM
I'll send the valve cover If you want. Let me know if your really going to buy this stuff cause I really dont want to spend a shit load on shipping if no one is going to buy the final product.
you dont have to send the valve cover, it is just ideas and im not recieving the discount so its your choice.

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 07:24 AM
oh heres pics of a cf vaLve cover
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6027/shmcfckm5.gif (http://imageshack.us)
sexy isn't it, imagine ours like that

MessyHonda
09-28-2006, 07:36 AM
oh heres pics of a cf vaLve cover
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6027/shmcfckm5.gif (http://imageshack.us)
sexy isn't it, imagine ours like that

i bet some of the B powered dudes would like that.....but you guys the point is to get it 100% fiber glass since it lightweight not just get overlays on the parts.

EX-ileAccord
09-28-2006, 07:38 AM
What im going to do is spend $100 on shipping and see what I can send for that price. Now what I would like to know is what everyone would like me to send. I know what I am sending for myself, and since im sending stuff any way what is it you guys would like to have?

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 07:39 AM
yeah but i want a valve cover in 100% cf though

MessyHonda
09-28-2006, 07:43 AM
What im going to do is spend $100 on shipping and see what I can send for that price. Now what I would like to know is what everyone would like me to send. I know what I am sending for myself, and since im sending stuff any way what is it you guys would like to have?

well you got to give the guy a chance to think...i think you should just send the small stuff for now and then if we like the way it turns out we will send the big guns...lol

ghettogeddy
09-28-2006, 07:53 AM
welli would def be in for a grill, eyelids(just the strips not the buckets) and rad support in full cf

EX-ileAccord
09-28-2006, 08:11 AM
this is my list so far:
Mirrors
headlight trim
grill
rad support
front lip

MessyHonda
09-28-2006, 08:17 AM
this is my list so far:
Mirrors
headlight trim
grill
rad support
front lip

can you add the bumper inserts that go under the bumper turn signals.

EX-ileAccord
09-28-2006, 08:27 AM
done

gfrg88
09-28-2006, 08:30 AM
we had a member here, louis something or other from mexico who made Fiberglass custom foglight covers, they were pretty nice looking. unfortunatley they had to be molded on, and i dont think hes on here anymore

these???? :D

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/gfrg88/100_0756.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/gfrg88/100_0757.jpg

ghettogeddy
09-28-2006, 08:37 AM
yup tose will be cool but id want them to clip in like oem no screws or anything

BITESIZE
09-28-2006, 08:40 AM
I wouldnt send shit until he shows us some oictures of what he has done!

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Mirrors
headlight trim
grill
rad support
front lip
that work for me and also a valve cover if there is room

EX-ileAccord
09-28-2006, 09:07 AM
I'll add the valve cover, and I asked about pics and I'm waiting for a response

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 09:09 AM
muchos gracias my friend, thanks. now ill have the only cf valve cover.

MessyHonda
09-28-2006, 09:15 AM
I'll add the valve cover, and I asked about pics and I'm waiting for a response

he is going to do the preludepower pics first...cuz on that forum he was being attacted by other members... hope he and prove them all wrong...lol

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 09:18 AM
yeah i notice that too, did you see my post that said "ITS MESSY!!!!!" i was about to type "its messy and he's in your pants now lol

MessyHonda
09-28-2006, 09:21 AM
yeah i notice that too, did you see my post that said "ITS MESSY!!!!!"

yeah i posted back....lol we 3geez dudes get along fine and the PP dudes are all mean and think they are the shit by starting fights and stuff like that....anyways it was good seing you reanmiator

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 09:22 AM
anyways it was going seing you reanmiator???????? wut?

ghettogeddy
09-28-2006, 09:24 AM
???????? wut?
on the pp fourm

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 09:24 AM
oh i just seen your post there, we need to all take over there and all have
3geez quotes a represent fooo!!!

MessyHonda
09-28-2006, 09:25 AM
???????? wut?

just fixed it....wow its already 10:25 i should wash the car or do something productive...lol

EX-ileAccord
09-28-2006, 09:29 AM
I was reading some of those posts too. They were rippin on buddy like crazy and all he tryed to do is help out, If i was him I would show them what he can do and then tell them to go fuck themselvs and sell them nothing

ghettogeddy
09-28-2006, 09:40 AM
reanmiator go check out the pp thread and look at my sig

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 09:50 AM
yeah ive noticed it there a few times, i really like it, wish my sig was like that. we need more 3g people at pp to liven up that thread. wheres monkey and cheese at, at a time like this. o i left a post on pp aswell. lets have a e war lol

EX-ileAccord
09-28-2006, 09:54 AM
someone give me the link lol

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 10:00 AM
http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247068&page=10
there ya go have at em, but you have to sign to post there. and be sure they now your from 3geez too. this is interesting to see how many of us will show up on that pp thread

MessyHonda
09-28-2006, 10:01 AM
someone give me the link lol
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247068&page=10

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 10:03 AM
beatcha to it lol^

BITESIZE
09-28-2006, 10:10 AM
Left my marking on pp

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 10:15 AM
i see ya, now we need a few more for shits a giggles to join or post if already a member.

EX-ileAccord
09-28-2006, 10:30 AM
I tryed to leave my mark too, but after I peed on the screen it stoped working

ghettogeddy
09-28-2006, 11:00 AM
I tryed to leave my mark too, but after I peed on the screen it stoped working
new quote for my sig lol funny funny stuff there

ETAftermarket
09-28-2006, 11:04 AM
Here are some pictures guys, this is the custom headlight im currently building for the 3g ludes. its only about 25% done but it gives an idea.

http://img59.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1ol9.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2oc0.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3lc1.jpg
http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4rx1.jpg

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 11:14 AM
i want i want, are those flush headlights? and the cf valve covers, is it possible with the type of cf you are using to make them? how much on guesstimate price on that

EX-ileAccord
09-28-2006, 11:29 AM
lookin good man lookin good

2drSE-i
09-28-2006, 11:32 AM
wow guys talk about post whoring....there was a whole page of replies that had nothing to do with the thread.....on the other thread i mentioned clear/red taillights and was wondering if you did any plastic work.

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 01:32 PM
http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247068&page=11
last offtopic on this thread i promise but i had to post. read last post lol hahah