PDA

View Full Version : Which car should I buy

DarknessRS
08-30-2002, 12:51 PM
I'm planning on buying one of these after i get my Accord lowered and add an exhaust.

shepherd79
08-30-2002, 01:04 PM
if you really want another car i would got with nissan. it has a lot of potential. plus you can always get turbo engine from japan.

87accordlx
08-30-2002, 02:24 PM
how about a 'lude?

anchovies
08-30-2002, 02:37 PM
i would say go for the s13
you'll have problems with the rotary, well depends on how much the previous owner has done to it..and the turbo..ohhh depends on the mileage, might need work done big $$
AE..ahh...now that's a fun car..well at least it looks great in cartoon..you just need some skillss
:D

Jims 86LXI HB
08-30-2002, 02:53 PM
2 things kill the corolla. First thing being solid rear axle suspension. Fine for the track, but in the real word where you don't have the smoothness of the track it will suffer and that also applies to off camber situations as well as the everyday bumps. Secondly the way the thing is geared + lack of sound insulation. It turn's over around 3350RPM's at 60mph and the engine really drone's the cabin, very annoying on all but the short trips. Hey, it's so loud that it effects the sound quality of the stereo on all but the highest volume levels. My brother used to have one so that's where my experience comes from.

To me the greatness of the 93-96 RX7 turbo's compleatly blocks the light day from even seeing the older cars. Plus I can't remember the automotive press gettting very excited about the 88-91 cars. In otherword's I think the newer cars are worth their difference in price. But I have not driven either so that is terribly unfair and one sided of me, sorry:p

I'm a big fan of the 240SX. I just wish it had more options for increasing it's power. The 2 liter JDM turbo option doesn't really thrill me, unless someone else did the swap and I'm buying the car with it. The car also could use more aftermarket support. It does have a great fourm/club www.240sx.org If I can't find a 95-98 integra gsr I'll get a 95-98 230sx instead. BTW their's one for sale right now in the sacramento bee 96, 5-sp 76K and $4250

http://www.cars.com/search/used/cc/standard/results/single/nl/detail.jhtml?paId=12967084&aff=national&src=null&cid=null

Asturias
08-31-2002, 12:45 AM
The Corolla should be relatively low-maintenance, if that's the kind of car you are looking for.

Coroncho80
08-31-2002, 01:42 PM
Dude get a 92 Prelude stick! hot car!

Jims 86LXI HB
08-31-2002, 02:07 PM
I think he only want's a RWD car. Can't blame him either. Who know's maybe it doesn't matter to him. :)

Vanilla Sky
08-31-2002, 03:05 PM
get a 5.0 mustang... those are pretty good... not sure about handling, though... my uncle had a friend that worked at the ford lot, and they would get a pair of them and race... he said they kicked ass

Derick

Coroncho80
08-31-2002, 03:06 PM
Well, if that's the case get a 90 and up Nissan 300zx. It doesn't have to be turbo or TT (twin turbo). The one without the turbo has ( I think) 240 horses. Thas not bad.

damackz
08-31-2002, 08:34 PM
yeah but unfortunately the Z costs a whole lot more den the above mentioned...........but that is my next car for sure! i would go with the rx7 mmmm rotary 1.3 hehe the ae86 is a nice drift car lol but yeah if u want a fast car go with the rx7 turbo mmmm but if u dont mind domestic go with a mustang lx 5.0 cheapest go fast car................but me stick with my imports, test drive all of them i am sure u will go with the rx7 lol

DarknessRS
09-01-2002, 01:52 AM
Thanks for all the input guys :).

Jim nailed it, I'm choosing between these three because I would ideally like to get a drift car. That's why I've ruled out all Hondas (Although the S2000 would be nice it's outside of my price range).

I'm not a big fan of domestics, but those five-o's are pretty quick. (that and if it really comes down to it i'm a chevy guy)

The latest 300Z is a sick car. Considering the styling doesn't look very dated now, it was way ahead of its time when it came out back in '89. Unfortunately it goes over the budget that I'm willing to put into another car right now :(. If I got rid of the Accord though.... I shudder at the thought :P

I'll probably make up my mind once I test drive each of them. I'm also still in the middle of researching what kind of performance/handling options I can add to each.
So until then, feel free to give me your opinions. I really appreciate any input you guys have to offer :).