PDA

View Full Version : The Finalists!

BeatThisLXI
09-27-2006, 05:39 PM
Ok guys I'm narrowing down which car I want. This is what it's going to be between:

***A GREAT DEAL,
1989 Honda Civic with Jackson Racing Super charger (new is $2,600!!)
17" RS Racing Alloy Rims
Greddy Exhaust
New Sports Suspension
JVC Stereo
New Radiator (3 months old)
Professionally Maintained
Look>>
http://www.test.demographx.com/89civic

this is in or around Silver Spring

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Next one is my favorite, It looks AMAZING!

***This is a 1993 Mazda MX-6. It is in really good condition! It features a nice V6 2.5L engine, Automatic, Sunroof, Leather Seats, Power everything except passenger seat, Brand New tires. It has 149,500 miles and still runs great, no problems & very reliable!

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/car/212164387.html

***And the last one:

MILEAGE***216K

EXTERIOR COLOR***BLACK

INTERIOR COLOR***BLACK

BODY STYLE***HATCHBACK

DOOR***TWO DOOR

ENGINE*** 4 CYLINDER

TRANS*** MANUAL

DRIVE TYPE*** 2 WHEEL DRIVE

91 CRX-SI BLACK 5 SPEED W/ 216K MILES STOCK 1.6 NON VTEC, RAM CLUTCH STAGE ONE, ICEMAN INTAKE, PASESETTER EXHAUST,FULL BODY KIT, WINGS WEST SIDES AND REAR, ANDY AUTOSPORT COMBAT FRONT, RACTIVE PEDALS, PIRELLI P6000 TIRES STOCK 91 SI WHEELS, BOSTON PRO SEPERATES 6.5, GEN 3 CARBONFIBER ALTEZZA TAIL LIGHTS, BLACK CORNER LENS, 4 WHEEL DISK BRAKES, NEW CLUTCH AT 180K NEW TRANSMISSION AT 180K (FULL HONDA REBUILD NO GRINDS) NEW BRAKES AT 190K, SUNROOF/MOONROOF, TILT STEERING. CALL KEVIN AT 540-455-2566 OR EMAIL FOR MORE PICS AT [email protected]

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/car/212758052.html

So what do you think guys!? What's a good price on each?

shepherd79
09-27-2006, 05:57 PM
well the first one little beat up IMO. the front passensger side fender and hood have dents in them. rear bumper looks like shit. So what it has supercharger. By looking at the car, i would say the guy didn't give a shit about the car. How much does he want for it?

Second car. what can i say it is MAZDA. I am not fan of them.

third car. well it is nice looking. well maintained. engine is DOHC Vtec to start with.

I think your best bet would be the third car, but again it all depends how much money you want to spend.

ghettogeddy
09-27-2006, 06:21 PM
the thired one does sound like a good deal but if it does have th vtec engine why would he say 1.6L non vtec i think with all the mods he would know the car

BeatThisLXI
09-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Second car. what can i say it is MAZDA. I am not fan of them.

Yeah, that's my only concern about the MX-6. Great looking car, but yeah, I've never been all that impressed with mazda. Honda flagship: Accord
Mazda flagship: 626, lol. Hmm, which one is better? Honda compact: Civic (hate it or love it, a pretty hearty car) Mazda compact: the 323?!!! Wtf! lol

I could always have a lobotomy and be satisfied with a camry or a corolla.

UPDATE: the 07 camry or corolla, can't remember which is gonna be no joke! Finally some balls! A two hundred and seventy something hp engine?!! Ok, maybe TOYota is finally getting the point. Although the Corolla S "looks" pretty cool, and handles okay. If nothin else.

MessyHonda
09-27-2006, 07:34 PM
my uncle has a 89 mx-6 turbo....SOLId car...my other uncle has the Na version...it has over 260k.....they first owner had a gf in another state and he would travel every other week....back when gas was cheap i guess...LOL....mazda cars are alright...my uncle works at the dealership...so if you have any questions just ask alright.

Selfmindead
09-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah, that's my only concern about the MX-6. Great looking car, but yeah, I've never been all that impressed with mazda. Honda flagship: Accord
Mazda flagship: 626, lol. Hmm, which one is better?
well if the jdm KLZE v6 engine was in the 626 id rather the 626 mmm 218hp

Jasonf860
09-28-2006, 04:26 AM
Don't get the Mazda! I had one, same year as this. I was the second owner and the car was only 6 years old at the time. The exhaust was rotted, the clutch slipped and chattered and I had to rebuild the whole front suspension.I could understand all this if the car was owned by a younger kid who beat it but the guy I bought it from was in his late 50's. BTW, mine only had 81k on it when I got it. I drove it for 6 months and sold it when the heater core went.

MessyHonda
09-28-2006, 07:13 AM
Don't get the Mazda! I had one, same year as this. I was the second owner and the car was only 6 years old at the time. The exhaust was rotted, the clutch slipped and chattered and I had to rebuild the whole front suspension.I could understand all this if the car was owned by a younger kid who beat it but the guy I bought it from was in his late 50's. BTW, mine only had 81k on it when I got it. I drove it for 6 months and sold it when the heater core went.

well i guess that is your opinion on one mazda car that you have own.....LIke i said my uncle works for Mazdas so he gets them cheap...he paid like 250 for a MPV van cuz the timing belt broke off(it had 192k) the van was clean after he fixed it he sold it for 1300....he says it still runs fine. my uncle says that the older mazdas are better since they are the real japanese cars...now its all fords besides the miata and the rx-8

i like my uncles 89 mazda turbo...he picked it up for 500 bucks.....and it pulls so damn hard.....even tho its rated at like 145hp it has 190tq.....he also has own the super rare mazda 323 in black, all wheel drive turbo its a 1.6L engine but with a turbo it pumped out 132hp and 136tq......that car was the perfect sleeper till he sold it.....i wish i could find one of thoes cars...it got close to 30 mpg.

point of the story: you just got a abused mazda.

Jasonf860
09-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Well, it could very well be that the cluth was a result of abuse, but it still doesn't explain exhaust rusting to pieces after only 6 years, the heater core blowing, and unless the guy was off roading with it, also doesn't explain needing to rebuild the entire front suspension either. All I meant to point out was that I had the same car and it was a POS. Not saying any other Mazda's are no good. My older brother had an older RX7 that we could not kill. Damn thing smoked like crazy so he bought another engine. We decided to see how long it would run with no oil or coolant. it ran for 20 minutes with the throttle wired wide open before it shut down. We let it cool and the following day, it started up without a hiccup and never smoked again! Now THAT is a good car! Basically, as with all makes of cars, not all models are good and I only meant to say this particular model was certainly no good to me!

BITESIZE
09-28-2006, 10:12 AM
I think you should buy a pos, cause you'll just race the shit out of it and ruin it.

Selfmindead
09-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Sometimes if the car is traveling short distances all the time, steam builds up in the exhaust & can cause it to rust.

russiankid
09-28-2006, 01:43 PM
why would you supercharge a stock 17 year old engine?

ghettogeddy
09-28-2006, 01:47 PM
why would you supercharge a stock 17 year old engine?
to be fast ddddduuuuuhhhhh

russiankid
09-28-2006, 03:00 PM
to be fast ddddduuuuuhhhhhthen have fun replacing parts?:thumbdn:

2ndGenGuy
09-28-2006, 03:15 PM
I'd say:

1. Stay with Honda. That means the Mazda is out.
2. The Civic looks beat, the wiring is ghetto in the engine area. It's out.
3. Get the CRX and put the stock tails back in. Those altezza's are FUGLY!
4. Enjoy the amazing handling that a CRX is supposed to have!

BeatThisLXI
09-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Ok little update here.

92 Nissan 240 sx NICE! Badass car! But lots of miles. I really don't trust this one regardless how bad I want it. But it is Very cheap...

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/car/212169868.html

93 Teg hatch EXCELLENT CONDITION. A few miles, but hey it's a honda. My current favorite, I definetly want to spring for this one. Tell me how much I should expect to pay. (and whether I can scoot around pretty good in this little 140hp 5-spd)

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/car/212369149.html

86AccordLxi
09-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Well, KA's are cheap if you need to replace the motor in the 240sx (provided you have time/tools). Integra looks really nice and I'd be inclined to go with that.

In regards to the MX6, the auto. trannies in those are AWFUL and WILL break, so I'd stay away.

Alex

2ndGenGuy
09-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Man that Integra is so clean. It's rare to find one thats not riced out around here. You should pick that puppy up. It's cleanliness is usually associated with how well it was taken care of, so you could probably bet on it being in great shape mechanically too.

diegoaccord
09-28-2006, 10:53 PM
I think you should buy a pos, cause you'll just race the shit out of it and ruin it.

True. This kids as bad of a ricer as Honda-Civic-Accord (whatever it is). Don't buy that Teg, it's too good for you to ruin. Or DO buy that Teg, and put your ever so loved VTAK head on it, so I can still spank you with my "cute toy" as you said.

Funny how you talked all that shit about VTEC, but the closest you've PROBABLY ever been to VTEC is the passenger side of one of your ricer pals ride, it was probably a weak ass D16 anyway.

BITESIZE
09-28-2006, 11:08 PM
True. This kids as bad of a ricer as Honda-Civic-Accord (whatever it is). Don't buy that Teg, it's too good for you to ruin. Or DO buy that Teg, and put your ever so loved VTAK head on it, so I can still spank you with my "cute toy" as you said.
Funny how you talked all that shit about VTEC, but the closest you've PROBABLY ever been to VTEC is the passenger side of one of your ricer pals ride, it was probably a weak ass D16 anyway.

See I'm not the only one that speaks the truth....:Owned:

diegoaccord
09-28-2006, 11:48 PM
Haha. I have a new sig quote, thanks to him.

most ignorant statement EVAR.

BeatThisLXI
09-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Drove my friends 3.2 CL Type S a while back. Wicked car. And bite, I guess you and that toyota guy are just the two main assholes because nobody else seems to share your sentiments. Of if they do, perhaps they have better things to do than rip on people like actually discussing the issues at hand (imagine that). But I guess you don't have that much to do in Idaho so I see your point.

And diego, as much as you think vtec sucks, I think a lot of far more intellegent people here will disagree with you on that one. I agree with that statement, honda handling is truly magnificent for the car class.

BITESIZE
09-29-2006, 11:19 PM
Drove my friends 3.2 CL Type S a while back. Wicked car. And bite, I guess you and that toyota guy are just the two main assholes because nobody else seems to share your sentiments. Of if they do, perhaps they have better things to do than rip on people like actually discussing the issues at hand (imagine that). But I guess you don't have that much to do in Idaho so I see your point.
And diego, as much as you think vtec sucks, I think a lot of far more intellegent people here will disagree with you on that one. I agree with that statement, honda handling is truly magnificent for the car class.

Sorry, I guess I should respect Mentally Retarded people. I do apologize.:welcome:

BeatThisLXI
10-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Hey, screw those other rides, I just saw an awesome 1990 300zx highly modded. Twin turbos, dual performance mufflers, and g-reddy performance ex.
Drives like a dream. Now all I need is to get my F***ing car sold for the down pymt. lol.

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2006/8/22/206/931/864563667.206931217.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x421.jpg

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2006/8/22/206/931/864563666.206931217.IM1.02.565x421_A.565x421.jpg

russiankid
10-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Why not spend the money you are going to spend on a new car on the Accord and get it running? Because when it runs the way it should, they are very fun to drive even though they do not produce alot of power.

BeatThisLXI
10-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Yeah, they are fun, but two hundred and thirty horses are making me change my mind, lol.