PDA

View Full Version : Question about factory door locks?

Feuerstoss
09-27-2006, 11:30 PM
Er, firstly, if this is the wrong section, feel free to move it; I just couldn't find anywhere else this would be a real valid question. But, anyway...

I have an LX, which means I have power door locks. However, while being able to lock my doors at the touch of a button or turn of a key, I'm a little peeved with how the locks operate. I'd love to be able to unlock and lock all my doors with my key at either door, instead of having to flick the lock switch for passengers to get in or running around to the driver's side after doing stuff on the passenger side of the car.

I know of several cars that had multiple 'lock profiles', where you could set the car to just unlock the one door you were at for security reasons. I'm not sure if the 3G is like this, and I assume not. In any case, I was wondering if it would be relatively easy to retrofit my car to unlock/lock all the doors at once by using the key, or if I would have to purchase a remote entry system and just use that for this function?

Any help at all would be appreciated.

A18A
09-27-2006, 11:41 PM
your doors lock when you turn the key???/ weird, never heard of that before

ZackieDarko
09-28-2006, 02:20 AM
I have an LX-i and I don't have power locks :(

Xtreemjedi
09-28-2006, 05:10 AM
I have an '89 LX-i coupe, no power locks. My grandmother USED to have an '89 LX-i sedan, she had power locks. I don't know why I don't have them, I have LESS doors!

1ajs
09-28-2006, 05:40 AM
hmm go rade a mercadise at the recors for the power lock system :P

2oodoor
09-28-2006, 06:40 AM
I know exactly the feeling, it is annoying a lot of times. I was told that if you get a good quaility aftermarket key fab unlocker the directions will show you what wires to tap into or cut to eliminate the condition. Seems like some one on here would know, those who have alarmss, come with key fab that also enables elect door lock function. At least if you have the point and click unlock, all the doors will lock and unlock without running around the car or going back to the car to assist someone..

MessyHonda
09-28-2006, 07:27 AM
yeah i guess the best best is to install a cheap alarm...the alarm will tap into your current locks and with the push of a button all the car doors locks will open and if you click it again they will all lock...plus you run less risk of leaving your keys inside... i knoe what you are talking about...my friend has a toyota and if you open the driver or front pasanger door it has the lock button so you can open the other rear doors insted of reaching to try to open it from the inside....im thinking of just geting a alarm

Crazybird
09-28-2006, 03:01 PM
wtf dude i have an lx and i dont got power locks either

2ndGenGuy
09-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Whaaa? Your LX's don't have power locks? Even the 2geez had power locks on all the LX's. Maybe only the LX sedans had that. Or maybe you 3geez got screwed! :rofl:

Yeah the keyless is the way to go. Easier to install, and much more convenient in the long run. Push the button and open the door to let your woman in, then walk around and get in yourself. No fiddling with keys and scratching your paint.

MessyHonda
09-28-2006, 03:24 PM
wtf dude i have an lx and i dont got power locks either

you sure? your car looks like a Dx cuz all DX sedans did not have colored bumpers...lol

2ndGenGuy
09-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Didn't the Canadian cars keep the black bumpers? I know that lots of the EDM and JDM 2geez had black bumpers even if they were higher trim levels.

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 04:32 PM
i have black bumpers and mine is a duduxx model

ghettogeddy
09-28-2006, 04:51 PM
hmm go rade a mercadise at the recors for the power lock system :P
u can ge them out of volvos too

jschatte
10-03-2006, 04:56 PM
i got some cheap power door locks for my manual door locking coupe from canadian tire for about 70$. It has a special little thing that makes the acuator on the drivers door act as a switch so you dont have to wire unlock/lock switches. So, when i turn the key in the door, or if i lock/unlock the doors in side of the car, both of the doors lock/unlock

2drSE-i
10-04-2006, 08:59 AM
no coupes had power locks, and only sedan lx/lx-i/se-i's came with power locks. black bumpers on the 86-87 lx/lx-is and all dxs i believe.

carotman
10-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Oh god..... here it goes again. I thought this was long over.
dx=lx in Canada
lx = ex in Canada
lx-i = ex-i in Canada

AccordB20A
10-04-2006, 02:08 PM
so your saying that your accord, when u turn your key to unlock your drivers door it will only unlock the drivers door and you have the flick that little switch on the drivers door for the central locking to unlock the rest of the doors. My 1985 accord unlocks all my doors with the key but my old 1986 did the same thing. what i did was took off the door panel and looked at the wires that went down to the lock mechanism. there was a plug on the cable and there was also a spare plug in the door. what i did was unplugged the one that was plugged in and plugged in the other plug that was doing nothing and it allowed the whole car to be unlocked by unlocking the drivers door with the key

hope this helps.. i know it annoyed me. thats why i rewired it.

but now on my 1985 i dont even have key locks i am using an alarm and i have rear door handles on my front door so noone can jimmey the locks open :)