PDA

View Full Version : Interior Re-do

Ric
09-28-2006, 05:33 AM
I have an 88 LX-i sedan. It's a bleached out purple with tan and black interior. I was wanting to re-do the whole thing, I've already started painting some the interior trim peices, they will be done this weekend. My biggest problems are the upholstery and the center console. I want to change the shifter and the boot, but I have yet to get the console out, any help is appreciated. As for the upholstery, my girlfriend plans to make it herself...my question is if anybody has ever tried it and how did it turn out. We're gonna try to do black vinyl with a whitish-tan nylon insert, with the tan carpet. Any ideas or help is appreciated.

ghettogeddy
09-28-2006, 05:44 AM
u painted black and tan interior ftw

reanimator420
09-28-2006, 05:54 AM
twist the shift nob off and on the rear of the console there is a piece of plastic trim that pops off with a screwdriver. pop it off and there should be 4 phillips screws, unscrew those. around the shift boot there are phillips screw on each side of the console, there should be 4 or 6 i think. its pretty easy though and takes about 1 min to do. you just have to slide your seat back as far as it goes to get the last 2 screws on each side. what part of nc are you?

Ric
09-29-2006, 04:12 AM
The great big Rutherford County