PDA

View Full Version : Honda vs Audi

denhonda
09-28-2006, 01:47 PM
I currently run an Audi Coupe 2.6 as my everyday car, and reasonably nice it is too. However, last week it developed a fault that meant it stopped charging its battery so I had to abandon it at my dads house, abandon my evenings plans & get the train home. It turned out it was a wiring fault to the alternator & fortunately cost very little to recover the car & fix the problem.

In the meantime I have been using my 1982 2gee ! Which TBH hasn't been used much at all of late (less than 100 miles this year & in only 3 outings). Yet it started first time & has done me proud for a whole week! As older Hondas are virtually non-existant here it raised a few welcome comments too & turned a few heads as I motored along.

Anyway, Im going to try & use it more frequently now.

The Audi (which I like very much) may have to leave for pastures new as its ever increasing number of faults will cost the earth to fix over time (and with a passion for more than one car, I just can't afford it). Nice that it is, it just doesn't have the reliability of a Honda it would seem.

So there you have it, Honda wins over Audi (IMO) !!!

To reaffirm this, I have bought yet another 2.5gee (that I collect next week!), an EXR Sedan auto with ALB, AC, CC & ESR, this model being uber-rare in the UK. I have only seen one other & that was many years ago. The car I've bought has been garaged all its life, has FSH & under 37k miles on it. A true timewarp. Heres hoping all goes well with it !

2ndGenGuy
09-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Cool man! What the heck is ESR?!?

Post some pics of that when you're done. And lets see your '82 as well!

My grandpa has an '84 Audi 4000 in his garage that is flawless. I dont know how it compares to my '84 Accord, but they're both pretty nice. They have strikingly similar styling, but the Audi has the cool amber gauges...

2ndGenGuy
09-28-2006, 03:29 PM
And wtf is FSH?

MessyHonda
09-28-2006, 05:30 PM
sounds good....can you take pictures of your car? i want to see them since they sound nice

denhonda
09-30-2006, 09:24 AM
I'll get pics in a couple of weeks!

ESR = Electric Sun Roof & FSH = Full Service History

3ghondaerodeck
09-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Cool I have ESR aswell

I also have :
ERSM (electric rightside mirror)
ELSM (electric leftside mirror)
RVM (rear view mirror)
F&BT(front and back tires)
FUHL (flip up head lights)
NPAR (newly purchased arm rest)
&SO&SO (and so on and so on)

I'm just messing with you.

i'd really like to see pics of both your cars

speedpenguin
09-30-2006, 09:43 AM
There's nothing like a rare car found garage-kept! Post pics of it soon, please!

thegreatdane
09-30-2006, 09:44 AM
That's a rare one you found alright, I've personally only seen one of those. Congratulations!

2ndGenGuy
09-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Woah factory electric sunroof! Woah! Dude! Only the 85 SEi's came with sunroofs here, and I don't think that they were electric. Sweet! Pics pics pics!

MessyHonda
09-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Woah factory electric sunroof! Woah! Dude! Only the 85 SEi's came with sunroofs here, and I don't think that they were electric. Sweet! Pics pics pics!

im 90% sure the 85 Se-i sunroof were power....my friend had like silicone around it cuz it would leak in the winter time.