PDA

View Full Version : is it just me ....

MyGarbageLXi
08-30-2002, 01:40 PM
or do our cars (mine being a 89 LXI Coupe) have pretty tight clutches??:wave: ,cause i dont find it taht hard to make the wheels spin off th eline, with out poopin the clutch, i just rev it up to 3 or 4 thousand RPMs, let the clutch in slow and when it catches pin it ........them tires screetch until i shift up.

smufguy
08-30-2002, 01:48 PM
i dont think so, either the clutch was installed out of propotion (torque on bolts) or the alignment was screwed up, or even it might be a sports clutch on it. unless u did change the clutch.

socal3rdgen
08-30-2002, 04:40 PM
the same thing happens to me with a stock clutch. my wheels break tread for like 1 second after i let the clutch go. and Does anyone with the same year car experience this. i think its because our cars (89 lx-i coupe) have more horse power (122 verses 98) than most other models of the same year. could someone with the same year and model clarify this cuz if it is bad alignment im going straight to the machanic and im going to rip him a new one.

smufguy
08-30-2002, 07:06 PM
my car did not experience any of this thing when i replaced my clutch with a stock one. My mechanic is good and i have to agree with him cause my family has known him for 7 years.

but not to say anythign wrong about it. My friend with a 94 corolla had his ACT clutch put in by my mechanic and he cant shift unless the rpm is around 2.5K -3K. cant shift as in, its harder to shift if rpm is below it.