PDA

View Full Version : anybody hardwire an EFI conversion?

newaccorddriver
09-29-2006, 01:16 PM
im considering buying a prelude that is carbed. i was wondering if its possible to wire everything directly to the ECU from the engine harness and skip all the wire swapping.

i know id have to change out the fuel tanks and such, but doing an EFI conversion like that to a prelude isnt much different from an accord is it?

shepherd79
09-29-2006, 01:18 PM
you are on your own on that one bud. i know it will take a lot of wire, a lot of tylenol, and shit load of time.

MessyHonda
09-29-2006, 01:56 PM
just buy the prelude Si......fuel injected baby....will save you time since its already injected....and you wont dream wires at night

newaccorddriver
09-29-2006, 01:59 PM
im considering it mainly for the fact that at $250 it has tranny problems, but ive got a rebuilt engine for it soon enough with a spare tranny. also, for $250, i cant find a prelude wiht as little rust as this one for the price. i could care less if the wiring took me a few months to do, cause any project i start usually takes that long anyways

MessyHonda
09-29-2006, 02:02 PM
im considering it mainly for the fact that at $250 it has tranny problems, but ive got a rebuilt engine for it soon enough with a spare tranny. also, for $250, i cant find a prelude wiht as little rust as this one for the price. i could care less if the wiring took me a few months to do, cause any project i start usually takes that long anyways

just keep it carb then.....dont fix something that is not broken.

carotman
09-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Well, I thought about that some time ago. I bought another Accord (pics comming soon) and I was exactly thinking this again.

I came to the conclusion that it's really not less of a job to do this since you have to remove the dashboard anyway to pass the main fuel feed line...