PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO I GET MY STOCK UNIT OUT> WUICK ANSWERS ASAP PLEASe

MyGarbageLXi
08-30-2002, 02:35 PM
HOW DO I GET MY STOCK UNIT OUT????

shepherd79
08-30-2002, 02:40 PM
there are two screws on the back bottom. take them out and you should be able to slide it out.

MyGarbageLXi
08-30-2002, 04:54 PM
easy for u to say :huh:

specify...anyone have a picture???, how do i get to these Screws

88WhiteLX-i
08-30-2002, 05:55 PM
alright, you need to get in back of the stock radio, you'll do this by putting your head where you put your feet and trying to look to see if you can see the back of the radio. The stock radio has two bolts that hold it in place. I think's it a 10mm socket you need to get up in there to unbolt both the bolts. Once you have both of them unbolted, now you can pull the radio out. It's probably not gonna just slide right out because of having been in there for 12+ years, so you have to really tug hard on the front of it. eventually it'll pull out, and then just yank out the wiring harness in the back and you're all set. If you have any more questions please ask.

Vanilla Sky
08-30-2002, 06:38 PM
on mine it was two philips head screws... just look behind the deck... attached to it is a long l bracket... this is what you are looking for, the two screws are in it

Derick

dXsquared
08-30-2002, 10:43 PM
get two big screws and put them into the front. then pull hard on them and the deck should fly out no problems.
Travis

PS dont do it like this i am just kidding!

HostileJava
08-31-2002, 08:13 AM
Mine were phillips head screws also, there a pain in the ass to get out because you have to use a very short screwdriver and you don't get much leverage because your laying upsidedown in an uncomfortable position trying to turn a short screwdriver.

Red88Hatch
08-31-2002, 11:20 AM
I would just go buy a crow bar and have at the little bastard!!!! I mean its a stock head unit!!! just dont mess up the dash or cut yourself :chainsaw: