PDA

View Full Version : my headlights stay up

.:|3G|ACCORD|LX|:.
10-01-2006, 11:40 AM
i bought my car from tha auction down here by where i live for a total of about $450... it was in pretty good shape... except that it has some front end damage... im also in need of parts, but that's on a different post haah... anyway, my headlights were up when i bought it and they still don't move up or down... i thought that it could've been tha motors... but i talked ta tha dealership and they said it's rare for even one too go out, both motors is somethin that never ever happens... so im asking everybody for help, paaaalease hahaa... thanks a lot everybody, i really appreciate everything...
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/reprezentn253/accord%20pics/front.jpghttp://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/reprezentn253/accord%20pics/moneyshot.jpg

mkymonkey
10-01-2006, 11:47 AM
motors on the headlights DO go out. but more than likely its a fuse. check in the main fuse box under the hood. you know the one you painted all gay and shit lol. jk but yeah mine had the same problem, (well mine also were poped out of the arm connecting them to the motor and the previous owner just used chicken wire to hold them up, but thats another story) the fuse was just out.

smufguy
10-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Is the swith on the right side of the steering in ON or OFF position for the headlights? Follow the link on my sign to get the shop manual and see if you can trouble shoot the lights.

10-01-2006, 12:24 PM
i went and looked and there are a couple switches... one is a switch with tha headlight on it with arrows goin up and down, i pushed it in and it didn't light up or anything... the other switches are for illumination and somethin else, i just forgot what it was though haha... i dont know how i would troubleshoot it, i dont know how ta fix it haha... thanks for tha help

mkymonkey
10-01-2006, 12:38 PM
well the switch that has the up and down arrows should be the one to pop the lights up. its meant to unfreeze the motors or something like that. it should just make the headlights go up. if it doesnt check the fuses like i said

10-01-2006, 12:50 PM
alright, thanks a lot... i was thinkin bout checkin tha fuses and i was gonna check ta make sure that tha switch was even hooked up haha... thanks a lot though guys

10-01-2006, 02:21 PM
it was tha fuses, there are actually none in there haha... but yeah, tha reason they took them out is because of tha body damage... tha damaged headlight cover or whatever is hittin tha frame in tha engine bay and stoppin tha headlight from going all tha way down... and it's also hitting the inside of the fenders because they're damaged too... so yeah, anybody sellin headlight covers or whatever they're called? im in great need of them, and also fenders and driver's side taillight... i could use a hood too haha... i also need the corner markers really bad... i need to make this 3g street legal ya digg haha... can anybody help at all? thanks a lot everybody